• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Can you guys chill please. Dont need a bunch of shit slinging. Not everyone is on the same level with the way they think. I cant force people to accept this or that. Think one way or the other in regards to team/player opinions. Its just the way it is. When it comes to a members critique of players or coaches they have the right to say whats on their mind. Im not sure we need to insult people's intelligence. Everyone sees things differently.

Aloha.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Guy played in pre season against scrubs. Based on that tape was passed on by all 31 clubs and now on PS. He’s the answer?
      I guess we’re just tired of Tillery not making an impact and getting pushed back a lot.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I guess we’re just tired of Tillery not making an impact and getting pushed back a lot.
        I'd like to rotate Fireplug Forrest with Tillery and see how well the rook can do...seriously, why not? Merrill has a rep as a good run stuffer, and he's very disruptive penetrating into the backfield...

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'd like to rotate Fireplug Forrest with Tillery and see how well the rook can do...seriously, why not? Merrill has a rep as a good run stuffer, and he's very disruptive penetrating into the backfield...
          This. Expecting something different from the same shit is like the definition of insanity, right? I was super-stoked when we drafted Tillery, but dang he’s not any better than his rookie year. Sucks.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Can you guys chill please. Dont need a bunch of shit slinging. Not everyone is on the same level with the way they think. I cant force people to accept this or that. Think one way or the other in regards to team/player opinions. Its just the way it is. When it comes to a members critique of players or coaches they have the right to say whats on their mind. Im not sure we need to insult people's intelligence. Everyone sees things differently.

Aloha.
            Thank you. Too often someone will post an opinion that someone else disagrees with, and get flamed for doing so. That is no way to treat others in a forum that is an exchange of ideas.

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You know nothing about football.
              JJones is an impact run defender as he wins 70+% of run snaps. He is an average IDL passrusher who has improved each season.
              Yeah his impact as a run defender must very impactful considering Chargers ranked 27th in run defense since he entered the league (2018).

Sure one guy alone isn’t gonna fix the whole issue but considering that Bosa is pretty solid against run, you’d think having such a stout run defender alongside him would lead to better results in the run game.
              Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Jones has his detractors.
                All I know is that the only half of football he's played this season, coincided with the only half of football in which they contained the run.
                He’s played 3 years of football since being drafted and the Chargers haven’t fared well against the run in any of those years.

- 69-74 record
                - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

Kenneth Murray in the 1st rd never made any sense when he was drafted and doesn’t make sense now. He was projected as a late 1st rounder so not terrible in terms of value but we had bigger needs and a similar player of his skillset could’ve been drafted later.

I feel bad for Staley because it’s expected of him to fix the defense since he’s a “defensive guru” but it’s not fair to him that he has to use all these garbage players on the defensive end that Telesco selected (with input from Lynn too probably).

Excluding the rookies, nobody other than Bosa, James , White and Davis is really worth a damn on the defensive end. It should be praised that the defense is holding up as well as it actually is given the lack of talent.

- 69-74 record

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Exactly I just want to see if Forrest gets pushed back. I want to see if he can be pushed back. He's short, stubby, likely stronger then the other guy with way better leverage to win in the first place.

BUT

Nobody is bring up the idea that maybe we don't have to stop every run. We can actually get away with being a 20th ranked run defense by design. So long as we are stout in the secondary (so far we are), stout in the redzone (I think we are?), and can get to the QB on 3rd downs aka get our defense off the field (I think so).

If we score 21 point per game we're 2-0 right now. How many teams in the NFL can claim that fact? Only 2 I can see. The 1-1 Chargers and the 2-0 Broncos. Don't sleep on the Broncos I think they have an easier schedule than rest of AFC west and have a lights out defense....until Von Miller gets hurt.

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Aloha.
                      Good advice, Fleet. I sometimes get a little carried away, because as Chargers fans we have earned that right. There's no reason to get personal or asinine, however, we all want the same thing (i.e. a SB ring). We are all quality fans, no matter how demented we are.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                        He’s played 3 years of football since being drafted and the Chargers haven’t fared well against the run in any of those years.
                        Sometimes it takes guys 3 years and he played well last year. Defense is a team effort.

Hate to resort to PFF but there's a lack of good stats on this. 70.6 grade last year. Which is good.

Clearly he's better than Tillery at this point. Or Banks. Or Gaziano. So of course him being out hurt.

*shrug* not much else to say.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Also Adderly had his best NFL game last week. I think he's showing signs, through both games, of getting over the hump from a processing standpoint. We'll see if it continues.

And Harris played well week 1. He fits this defense very well and we're underselling his impact.

And Joseph still has some tread for 25 or so snaps a game.

Comment

Working...
                          X