Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

It happens. I was high on Lamp and Feeney both, as were just about all the draftniks...then, injuries to Lamp, and Feeney just didn't pan out...meanwhile, someone like Lindsley gets drafted in round 5 and becomes a Pro-Bowler...go figure...
    With you on that. I was happy about Lamp & Feeney.
    Wrong!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Oh, I was wrong about Bosa for sure. I believe I said that Perry would be the better value pick (not the better player outright). I was still wrong, but I valued Bosa as a second half of the first round pick if I recall correctly, not as a top 3 pick. I thought Perry had good value as a 4th round pick. I was wrong about both initial impressions. I also stated that Bosa would not be the best pick from Ohio State that year and that one is up for debate (Bosa versus Elliott). Technically, you could argue that I was right about Bosa not being a top 3 player since Hill, Thomas and Elliott (and maybe Ramsey) were in that draft, but I have acknowledged many times that I underrated Bosa (whether he is the 3rd, 4th or 5th best player from that draft).

Of course, in that case, Bosa proved the pundits right, not wrong as we are hoping McKitty does.
      credit for admitting you were wrong.:beer:

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

From Canada to the NFL: Josh Palmer's Dedicated Journey!

Subscribe to NFL Network: http://goo.gl/4GOLwYCheck out our other channels:NFL Vault http://youtube.com/nflvaultNFL Films http://www.youtube.com/nflfilmsNFL ...

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

I'll be interested to see how the WR KC took in the 5th round pans out.
          Powell, I think? Not quite as big as Palmer but appears to have some similarities( not a lot of initial burst or seperation ability; good at fighting for 50/50 balls)
          In Andy Reid's system, with Mahomes as his QB, he'll more than likely get more reps than Palmer will in LA( especially with Watkins leaving via FA)

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

This kid looks like he has the skills to be a baller. He goes 1,000 yards his rookie year and it's new jersey time.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Expect he might be focused on becoming what it means to do all the fundamentals first, blocking technique, special team assignment/responsibility before he can get the targets to reach 1,000 yards. I’d be happy if he makes steady progress polishes his fundamentals, gets stronger, better diet, and quicker on his feet. Then the Chargers might really have a player.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                This kid looks like he has the skills to be a baller. He goes 1,000 yards his rookie year and it's new jersey time.
                Herbie is an equal-opportunity rock slinger...after KA, Mike Will, Cook, Ekkie, McMeow, Guyton and Johnson all get their touches, I'd be more than happy if Palmer gets 500+ yds...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Herbie is an equal-opportunity rock slinger...after KA, Mike Will, Cook, Ekkie, McMeow, Guyton and Johnson all get their touches, I'd be more than happy if Palmer gets 500+ yds...
                  Add Parham, Reed, and Kelley to the assortment of offensive weapons JH10 has at his disposal.
                  We seem to be a pretty deep team with offensive skill position players.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Had to go back and look at some Joe Reed college highlights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7TGxGmXDpo

Talk about being underutilized as a Charger thus far. I noticed he's up to 224lbs now on a 6-0 frame. Not sure he's going to beat other WRs out for a starting spot. Guys think he can convert to RB?

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Reed instantly becomes our biggest back, well besides Bradwell, but runs and moves much better than Bradwell.
                      would be a shame if we didn’t give Reed a look at RB

edit: hope he takes number 2, ya know, when Stick is cut and backs up Tyrod in Houston
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Reed instantly becomes our biggest back, well besides Bradwell, but runs and moves much better than Bradwell.
                        would be a shame if we didn’t give Reed a look at RB

edit: hope he takes number 2, ya know, when Stick is cut and backs up Tyrod in Houston
                        Reed needs to do exactly the thing we drafted him for:
                        all purpose yards.

Returns, gadget plays, special teams.

Sit that dude down and force him to watch Deebo Samuel tape, over and over and over, Clockwork Orange style.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Reed needs to do exactly the thing we drafted him for:
                          all purpose yards.

Returns, gadget plays, special teams.

Sit that dude down and force him to watch Deebo Samuel tape, over and over and over, Clockwork Orange style.
                          That has nothing to do with Joe’s skillset, coachability, or effort.
                          It has to do with opportunities and the coaches putting him into position to make plays.
                          Joe was always going to need route tree work coming in.

He average 5.8 YPC/3.4YAC, 1TD for every 5 rush attempts, and 20+ YPR,
                          He was only targeted on 1 pass attempt.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X