Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

My prediction with Palmer has to do with Gus’ scheme and the Raiders’ lack of depth at CB. I think we’ll see 4 WR packages to spread out the zone and force their backup CBs on the field.

It’s essentially saying our 3rd and 4th receivers are way better than your 3rd and 4th CBs, which is true.
    This is back to the bump, which may or may not be more interesting than Palmer v. Johnson. It does seem like last season, JH10 was more willing to spread the ball around, because he was practicing more with the backups in pre-season, but now he has in-game reliables, I don't think Palmer is in the progression, yet. Maybe he gets a design play for him as change up.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

In the 3 targets he's had, on 2 he's been open in the intermediate range. 3rd was a checkdown on a bootleg. Don't know how his non-targets have looked. 62.1 on pff so he's likely getting some separation.

Comment

• RollingThunder
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

As I stated months ago, Johnson's performance for another team has nothing to do with what he can do with Herbert throwing him the ball, which he proved last year. Last year, he had a high rate of receptions versus targets, a high yards per reception average and produced multiple huge plays for us. That is who he was for us.

Exhibit 1: Jaylen Guyton, the speed guy that you yourself said was better than Johnson and that has had almost zero production this season with Herbert as his QB. This alone defeats your entire point.

Remind me never to hire you as a lawyer.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Palmer’s got 3 rec on 3 targets for an avg of 10.5 yards per. Can’t ask for much more with his limited snaps (32), especially with so many balls going to Dub and Slay.

Unless Guyton starts making a bigger impact, I see Palmer supplanting his WR3 duties. I think Palmer will come on around mid-season.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'll help here.

Johnson came to Jacksonville late, he's still digesting the offense and Lawrence needs to get comfortable with him on the practice field.
            Once that comfort level is reached, Johnson will be an integral cog in the offence: his ceiling is tremendous.

Palmer has been coddled and fawned over ever since he arrived: it was like a pretty car with a nice polish - just don't take that car out of the garage.
            Grand projections were being made in training camp: 40 - 50 catches / 600 - 700 yards.
            Well, any half-wit now can see that he hardly gets on to the playing field: stuck behind dishrags like Guyton* & Hill.
            Look for that torrid pace of 1 reception per game to cool off.

* sorry Chaincrusher, i had to sacrifice him for the argument
            That doesn’t offer much help. Johnson caught one pass in week 1. 6 yards. I recall the great knock on Palmer is he can only catch short passes. Must be a lot shorter than 6 yards, i guess.

Since that stellar opening day 6-yard defense-shredding burner of a reception, Johnson has caught a combined total of zero passes in week 2, 3, and 4. He’s not outpacing anyone. He has made zero paces in 3 consecutive weeks. Palmer has only played 3 games and already has 3x the production TJMax produced in 4. He could stay in Costa Mesa tomorrow and still be outpacing the great TJMax. I mean, if actual football production is our measure.

it its based on the fantasy dreams of delusional fanatics, i guess we can imagine anything.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolts&noles
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

They were more explosive, but that team generally failed in the 4rth quarter on offense.....big 3rd & 4 downs were followed by a punt.
              I understand but why keep guys who haven't even made it to game day like Kelley over Johnson.
              Stick comes to mind also.
              Just chatting,dont get me wrong iam a Staley fan forsure.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post

I understand but why keep guys who haven't even made it to game day like Kelley over Johnson.
                I was shocked and my opinion reversed - I think Stick was a better QB then Daniel in PS. I would rather have him play if need be though I’m sure Daniel would get the ball.

Why they cut TJ, beats me. They saw him every day, every rep, every play and we didn’t. If he was the greatest UDFA since Wes Walker, I’m just not buying that Staley and Co didn’t realize he was better than #53. I thought Reed or Hill would be cut before him. Maybe they thought he’d clear waivers, or maybe they just didn’t care.

Regarless of all that - this long running hysteria is silly for a guy hovering between 47 and 57 on a roster. JAX jumped and quick predictions of his rise to stardom were legendary. 4 games into the season, he has 1 catch for 6 yards. Apparently JAX coaches are every bit as stupid as LAC coaches. Only the few super scouts at TPB can see the truth.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That doesn’t offer much help. Johnson caught one pass in week 1. 6 yards. I recall the great knock on Palmer is he can only catch short passes. Must be a lot shorter than 6 yards, i guess.

Since that stellar opening day 6-yard defense-shredding burner of a reception, Johnson has caught a combined total of zero passes in week 2, 3, and 4. He’s not outpacing anyone. He has made zero paces in 3 consecutive weeks. Palmer has only played 3 games and already has 3x the production TJMax produced in 4. He could stay in Costa Mesa tomorrow and still be outpacing the great TJMax. I mean, if actual football production is our measure.

it its based on the fantasy dreams of delusional fanatics, i guess we can imagine anything.
                  Because you do not understand:

Palmer has to produce now, he can't sit and learn! Its like a vampire bat that needs nourishment......Palmer is running on empty: no blood nourishment at Tennessee, no blood nourishment the first 3 games in the NFL. He needs a big game and soon to get the proper nourishment to sit and be idle.

Johnson had a big fat meal last year: 20 receptions - 400 yards. He can sit and learn and regurgitate all that blood from last year.

I can't explain it any clearer than that.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Palmer has to produce now, he can't sit and learn! Its like a vampire bat that needs nourishment......Palmer is running on empty: no blood nourishment at Tennessee, no blood nourishment the first 3 games in the NFL. He needs a big game and soon to get the proper nourishment to sit and be idle.

Johnson had a big fat meal last year: 20 receptions - 400 yards. He can sit and learn and regurgitate all that blood from last year.

So Johnson is outpacing him this year by making 20 catches last year? Lol. Got it

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post

i was surprised T Billy was waived, after all that was said in preseason.
                      I would guess that it didn't so much come down to special teams usage as it came down to who was the more reliable route runner in the new offense.
                      It couldn't have come down to Guyton's hands being better.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

So Johnson is outpacing him this year by making 20 catches last year? Lol. Got it
                        Yes, exactly.
                        Palmer is at the point of exhaustion and death: only his adherents don't know it.
                        What a shock they are in for.

I'm glad to be of help.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Palmer gets his nourishment playing ST which TBilly just can’t/won’t do.
                          Plus Staley has Tru Blood
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X