Welcome Josh Palmer, WR, Tennessee (Pick #77)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    Bump.

Big prediction: Palmer plays a significant role against the Raiders.

I’m really hoping he starts seeing more field-time soon, otherwise we’ll all have to tell chainstroker he was right.
    Chains biggest complaint was letting Johnson go and "wasting" a pick on Palmer. In 4 games with the Jags, Johnson has 1 catch for 6 yards so that argument hasn't panned out much as apparently last year was the exception and not the norm - so far.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Chains biggest complaint was letting Johnson go and "wasting" a pick on Palmer. In 4 games with the Jags, Johnson has 1 catch for 6 yards so that argument hasn't panned out much as apparently last year was the exception and not the norm - so far.
      My prediction with Palmer has to do with Gus’ scheme and the Raiders’ lack of depth at CB. I think we’ll see 4 WR packages to spread out the zone and force their backup CBs on the field.

It’s essentially saying our 3rd and 4th receivers are way better than your 3rd and 4th CBs, which is true.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Bump.

I’m really hoping he starts seeing more field-time soon, otherwise we’ll all have to tell chainstroker he was right.
        No we won't.
        I don't expect Palmer to have very big numbers as a rookie. And he won't as long as MW And Keenan are healthy.

Comment

• Parcells
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

And Cook, though I wish we could see more Parham.
          Agree on Parham. Guy has some freakish tools, and I'd love to see him on the field a little more often.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

So was Hitler
            Both Hitler and Freak craved world domination

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

At least Crusher isn't proclaiming himself "emperor" like Freak and demanding we all bow to him...
              Crusher is too busy trying to quell an insurrection against his authority.
              Freak has things under total control at the other Charger site.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                ruler obey GIF
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Agree on Parham. Guy has some freakish tools, and I'd love to see him on the field a little more often.
                  Me too. He has been really stepping up his blocking. He will never be great at it, but you can a lot of effort and improved technique. I think a big reason Parham, Palmer, Cook are not bigger factors is that....they don't need to be. Either Williams or Allen are continually open in this offense and both they and Herbert are so good that it doesn't take much for them to be open enough to get the catch. And then Guyton and Ekeler complement when necessary. Lombardi has really improved the passing game. It reminds me more and more of what Andy Reid has been doing, vs Sean Peyton. Reid's use of motion ensures that someone is almost always wide open. And the Qb just has to have the smarts, vision, and arm to get to them. Herbert has all of that.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Me too. He has been really stepping up his blocking. He will never be great at it, but you can a lot of effort and improved technique. I think a big reason Parham, Palmer, Cook are not bigger factors is that....they don't need to be. Either Williams or Allen are continually open in this offense and both they and Herbert are so good that it doesn't take much for them to be open enough to get the catch. And then Guyton and Ekeler complement when necessary. Lombardi has really improved the passing game. It reminds me more and more of what Andy Reid has been doing, vs Sean Peyton. Reid's use of motion ensures that someone is almost always wide open. And the Qb just has to have the smarts, vision, and arm to get to them. Herbert has all of that.

TG
                    I imagine its not an easy offense to master right away for a rookie: look at all the illegal shifts being called.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                      His own celestial North Korea.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You are kidding, right? Palmer has done absolutely nothing that Johnson could not have done for us without the loss of a third round pick. In fact, Palmer has hugely underperformed based upon all of his preseason hype. Moreover, our offense has been missing the big plays that were present last year--plays that are much more likely with players like Johnson than players like Palmer. I said the loss of Johnson would hurt our deep passing attack and it has.

We could have drafted Spencer Brown (a guy I hoped we would draft in round 3) or a safety (as Webb is very limited) instead of Palmer and kept Johnson. It did not take a whole lot of thought to foresee that Bulaga would be injured at some point this season, that Norton was a marginal replacement and that Pipkins would be worthless.

I would say I was pretty much right on the money so far as 2020 Johnson is outpacing 2021 Palmer so far and would not have cost us a third round draft pick which could have been used to fill other team needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                          Bump.

I was hoping I could be wrong on this one, but not so far, though it is still early.

Comment

Working...
                          X