• Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

True and that part is kind of fun.

What he also advertised is that he is defensive genius. problem is his defences havd been at the bottom of the league and bleed big plays and yards all over the place since he got here.

The guy has alot to prove to back up his talk. I think the fire Staley camp is over the top but I have shifted from drinking the koolaid to the SHOW ME camp.
    Staley said "I'm a defensive genius"?
    I think you're putting someone else's words in his mouth.
    I know that I expected more dramatic improvement but so be it.
    Let's see what this team looks like in Dec- Jan.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
      Had Staley punted and the Chargers lost, NOBODY would have faulted Staley in hindsight.

Had the Chargers lost because the Browns actually made that field goal, EVERONE in the NFL would be laughing at him for a reckless call and gifting Browns with a win.

He’s lucky the way it turned out. Pure and simple.
      Yup.
      100%
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
        Had Staley punted and the Chargers lost, NOBODY would have faulted Staley in hindsight.

Had the Chargers lost because the Browns actually made that field goal, EVERONE in the NFL would be laughing at him for a reckless call and gifting Browns with a win.

He’s lucky the way it turned out. Pure and simple.
        100%

I have listened to all the panels on all networks and podcasts, all the former players and coaches outside of Charger world and the deciision has been roundly panned. Many analyists actually think the biggest risk of this talented roster not making the playoffs is Brandon Staley himself.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Analytics should be a tool, not a religion...like it is to Staley
          Right, it is a tool. And the tool said it increased our chances of winning. So you can choose to scoff at it because it goes against the old school way of thinking but that is exactly what it is trying to overcome. Will it fail and cost us a game here and there? Yes it will. But if it works more often than not, it ends up winning more games for us than going old school.

The freakout about analytics reminds me of the opposition to it in baseball over the past decade or so.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Right, it is a tool. And the tool said it increased our chances of winning. So you can choose to scoff at it because it goes against the old school way of thinking but that is exactly what it is trying to overcome. Will it fail and cost us a game here and there? Yes it will. But if it works more often than not, it ends up winning more games for us than going old school.

The freakout about analytics reminds me of the opposition to it in baseball over the past decade or so.
            Honestly I was more mad with Staley in the KC game since he went away from analytics there. Letting Herbert continue to play in both the KC and Jags game was a much bigger deal than this 4th down decision.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I am not against analytics at all. Has become very prominent in hockey also. I just dont like using it blindly without taking into account game conditions. Not every situation is 100% the same. Analytics does not take that into account. Like it didnt take into account that Brisset was the QB with no time outs not Patrick Mahomes, or that Nick Chubb can pound your sieve run defence into field goal range at any moment, given the ball on your own side of centre...or that you are up by 2 points not 3 points

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Honestly I was more mad with Staley in the KC game since he went away from analytics there. Letting Herbert continue to play in both the KC and Jags game was a much bigger deal than this 4th down decision.
                Yup that too.

Staley is a bright young coach but still an immature coach. He is still making mistakes all over the place. That is a problem for management that spent to be a Super Bowl contender.

Herbert can play with Mahomes. The teams are close. But KC have a huge coaching advantage. That is just a fact.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Yup that too.

Staley is a bright young coach but still an immature coach. He is still making mistakes all over the place. That is a problem for management that spent to be a Super Bowl contender.

Herbert can play with Mahomes. The teams are close. But KC have a huge coaching advantage. That is just a fact.
                  Unfortunately this is true
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

I was a Saleh guy, I wanted him to be our next coach, but it’s looking more and more like daboll is going to be a fantastic coach…boy was I wrong about him…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

It is all so "Fleeting."

This year is NYG's one chance for glory before Saquon's contract is up.

See also CAR with McCaffrey.

What a predicament for all.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

I hope Staley can learn something.
                        Never go for it on 4th down inside your 30 in the first half.
                        A bad QB could beat you with a FG at the end of a game if he starts at the 50.
                        If he starts at his 20, it's unlikely !

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Daboll is getting crowned way too quickly IMO.
                          I agree. He's doing pretty good right now, but it's a long season, and the Giants just don't have a QB or WRs.

Comment

Working...
                          X