• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomdutchy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Losing to Denver would be tragic for us. KC losing to the Bills much less so.
    Raiders beating KC would have been great, but they ended up "chargering".; WTF is chargering? Even spell check says its a mistake.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post

When you dont do boneheaded moves like letting your leading tackler go for nothing. Staley saying Murray is better at pass coverage is laughable as the Eagles praise his pass coverage. Who you gonna believe at this point?

Would you rather have White or Murray covering Kelce? Case closed.

https://boltbeat.com/posts/updated-k...-chargers-news
      How are you related to White?

We cover Kelce with James for about 80% of plays. Last season when James was out for that late season game and Kelce went off - where was your cousin, White?
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Tomdutchy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

How are you related to White?

We cover Kelce with James for about 80% of plays. Last season when James was out for that late season game and Kelce went off - where was your cousin, White?
        Im related to White as he doubles Murray tackles. He wont get more than 60 tackles. We are brothers from another mother. Strawberry mocha carmel latte bitches until I get hurt tomorrow.

And you are putting it out of context. Would you prefer Murray or White covering Kelce? Not White or James covering Kelce. Common man! Thats a no brainer unless Staley makes the call.

Comment

• Air Coryell
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2021
          • Carlsbad, CA
          • Teacher, Coach, CFO
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Daboll has a system that he has used over the years as well--a very good one, so he would have changed the offense as well. That said, he was the candidate that I preferred because his offense attacks down the field and it had success with Josh Allen, who is the closest QB to Herbert in the league in terms of physical ability.

Defensively, it looks like Daboll preferred to go with an aggressive, attacking DC, which is also the style that I like best, though Martindale was not available in 2021. I think Martindale is the best DC in the NFL. To me, that attacking style fits so much better with Herbert than our deep shell concepts. If we truly have superior talent, then we want more possessions for both teams, not fewer possessions, as more possessions tend to make scoring between teams diverge.

I am pretty convinced that Staley's system does not really work at all unless you have game changing dominant players that would thrive in many different kinds of systems.
          My point on Staley changing the offensive was that Staley has no NFL experience on the offensive side. Why not keep what JH was used to. Daboll and Wink are a great combo. They are doing very good with much less talent than we have. Coaching and playcalling matters a LOT!

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Does it matter? He was our leading tackler at 144. If Murray gets 60 I will be impressed, but he will probably get injured walking out of Starbucks for his carmel mocha strawberry latte.
            Of course it matters. He was decent at zone coverage, but so bad in man to man he was benched at the end of the year for Murray who IS better at it than White. While I agree that Murray isn't exactly lighting it up this year, neither is White. Not sure what the fascination with White is, aside from he was a guy willing to sign a cheap deal with the Eagles. He is a finesse player who never makes any impact plays and had one good year. At least with Murray, there is hope he can use his much higher ceiling to develop into something. I'm kind of skeptical, but was skeptical about Pipkins too. Time will tell.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Im related to White as he doubles Murray tackles. He wont get more than 60 tackles. We are brothers from another mother. Strawberry mocha carmel latte bitches until I get hurt tomorrow.

And you are putting it out of context. Would you prefer Murray or White covering Kelce? Not White or James covering Kelce. Common man! Thats a no brainer unless Staley makes the call.
              This may surprise you but I was not at all happy when they left White go. I liked him and I thought he was still improving. The difference between you and me in this regard is I was able to let it go. It's over young man, nothing you say can change that. White is no longer a Charger. I actually think Staley is wrong in how he plays and values LB/s and that's at least part of why he released White.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Good points about Daboll, he was my preference too.
                wts we've all seen way too many first year HC look like future HOFers just to bust 2or 3 years down the road.
                not crowning any new HC year 1.
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Good points about Daboll, he was my preference too.
                  wts we've all seen way too many first year HC look like future HOFers just to bust 2or 3 years down the road.
                  not crowning any new HC year 1.
                  Yes, Josh McDaniels started 5-0. Let's see how he looks after a couple of years.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

with this crowd they still fire him after SB win coz he didnt win by 50
                    :LOL:
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

My point on Staley changing the offensive was that Staley has no NFL experience on the offensive side. Why not keep what JH was used to. Daboll and Wink are a great combo. They are doing very good with much less talent than we have. Coaching and playcalling matters a LOT!
                      Daboll would have changed the offense as well.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

with this crowd they still fire him after SB win coz he didnt win by 50
                        :ygdr:
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X