• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Much is made about Allen's reaction to the call but the irony is, if he had been playing, he would have been the target because he gets open.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• RollingThunder
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I agree. He's doing pretty good right now, but it's a long season, and the Giants just don't have a QB or WRs.

I remember when Josh McDaniels started 5-0 with the Broncos. I also remember Bill Belichick getting run out of town with a losing record in Cleveland.

Comment

• RollingThunder
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
        Had Staley punted and the Chargers lost, NOBODY would have faulted Staley in hindsight.

Had the Chargers lost because the Browns actually made that field goal, EVERONE in the NFL would be laughing at him for a reckless call and gifting Browns with a win.

He’s lucky the way it turned out. Pure and simple.

Or had they converted, many would be praising his trust in his players to get the job done.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
          I remember when Josh McDaniels started 5-0 with the Broncos.
          Yeah I remember that too. But Staley isn't doing really stupid things like trading Justin Herbert for Kyle Orton.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Or had they converted, many would be praising his trust in his players to get the job done.
            Not me. It was the wrong call no matter the outcome.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              Much is made about Allen's reaction to the call but the irony is, if he had been playing, he would have been the target because he gets open.
              If we are doing “what ifs”…….what if Allen had been on the field and coverage prevented him from getting the first down…..then Cleveland kicks the field goal and wins.

Keenan would be even more pissed for being the bum that lost the game.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

If we are doing “what ifs”…….what if Allen had been on the field and coverage prevented him from getting the first down…..then Cleveland kicks the field goal and wins.

Keenan would be even more pissed for being the bum that lost the game.
                I think the posts in this thread tell us who would be blamed, Staley not Allen.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think the posts in this thread tell us who would be blamed, Staley not Allen.
                  Hey, we’re doing fantasy what ifs. In this what if, a perfectly thrown spiral bounces off Keenan’s hands and he throws his helmet at Staley on the sideline after Cleveland kicks the field goal

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

I agree. He's doing pretty good right now, but it's a long season, and the Giants just don't have a QB or WRs.
                    But isnt that more credit to Daboll? other than Barkley he has shit to work with.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

But isnt that more credit to Daboll? other than Barkley he has shit to work with.
                      If the Giants continue to win and get into the playoffs, yes it will be a credit to Daboll. I was just saying that it's still early in the season and the G-men could fade, because they simply don't have the players. The NFC East is turning out to be a tough division, but the NFC as a whole is pretty weak.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

It speaks volumes about daboll, anyone can do well with a justin herbert, but a great coach can come into a bad situation and make chicken salad outta chicken …joe judge was complete trash, it goes to show the type of crap that bill bellicheat has put out in his coaching tree…outside of romeo crennel and brian flores what former patriot assistant has blossomed anywhere?

daboll is proving to be a master motivator and his players have already bought in completely, I wanted robert saleh and boy was I wrong about daboll, I saw an episode of training camp coverage this past summer on nfl network that featured daboll and I was so impressed with the way he was working with daniel jones, he was making things simpler for him to grasp and teaching him why he had to do a certain thing a certain way and he was doing it in a respectful manner and jones looked like he was 100% dialed in, I was also very impressed after listening to him speak at those interviews too, he’s way humble down to earth really easy to like, I think his players already love the guy…
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

If the Giants continue to win and get into the playoffs, yes it will be a credit to Daboll. I was just saying that it's still early in the season and the G-men could fade, because they simply don't have the players. The NFC East is turning out to be a tough division, but the NFC as a whole is pretty weak.
                          I hear ya.

Doesnt look unquestionably sustainable. It would help if they could get one WR healthy.

Huge kudos if he pulls off a winning record this year. Having Daniel Jones to work with as opposed to starting a coaching job with a poised, freak of nature, franchise QB is a massive difference for a coach's win/loss record

Comment

Working...
                          X