• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by HerbieParadigm View Post
    Trying to understand Staley's approach translate to in-game playcalling. I am all-in-on the Herbert Paradigm he continuously used to explain things like how to end the game and 4th down attempts. Yet with 33 seconds left in the 1st half ~ 20 yards from viable field goal, he takes the ball out of his hands. This I will read when Staley gives his PC. And way overdue getting Herbert to play more in space be it bootlegs, rollouts, moving the pocket. This young man is a tremendous athlete and knows how to protect himself.
    Yes! Hopefully when Herbert is more healed we will see alot more mobility from him.

Allen, Mahomes are more dangerours right now because they will run and roll out more.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      Is Telesco allergic to Speed?
      A little of that vs the Broncos and Herbert job get so much easier.
      He’ll get someone if that’s what the coaching staff wants. But they may be looking for a receiver who can do more than just be fast.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

From Popper:
        Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
          Have to keep it fair and balanced.

I have questioned some of Staley's calls but want to give him credit for replacing JC Jackson last night. He knew when he had seen enough and wasnt afraid to bench the big off season 82 million signing for the good of the team.
          After doing that, he should find a way to get him back into his game.

The team is lacking speed on offense. Staley oughta consider that.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Calm down, Payton wasn't coaching well his last seasons with the Saints and maybe the game has passed him by. We have a young HC now who has coached our team to a 4-2 record and has overcome a lot of injuries early on! We'll see how this season unfolds first before thinking Payton is the master key for the Chargers becoming a winning franchise. I would take Jim Harbaugh over Payton 10 out of 10 times at this point.
            I agree with you completely about Payton and Harbaugh. Earlier in this thread I mentioned how I could see Payton with us being like what Jimmy Johnson was with the Dolphins. Harbaugh, meanwhile, has some unfinished business, and if you give him Justin Herbert....

Comment

• TTThunder
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

I'd like him to look at Rich Eisen YouTube on comments on our offense - Like watching paint dry...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I agree with you completely about Payton and Harbaugh. Earlier in this thread I mentioned how I could see Payton with us being like what Jimmy Johnson was with the Dolphins. Harbaugh, meanwhile, has some unfinished business, and if you give him Justin Herbert....
                Hard to argue with Harbaugh's results. He took the 49ers to 3 straight NFC championship games, all of which were memorable to me. The 2011 defensive slugfest vs the Giants, the 2012 Kaepernick run, the 2013 loss to the Seahawks.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Was Telesco involved in the decision to hire McCoy? They were hired about the same time.

Definitely Telesco was involved in the Lynn hire. And I think Telesco was the driving force behind the Staley hire. I think he fell in love and talked the Spanoses into it. So I agree with you if they move on from Staley it will be a total house cleaning - Telesco will go too.
                  have to say would be very surprised if anything remotely close to that was true.... what sliver of read/evidence have you come across to ever give you that notion ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    IIRC, Dean wanted much more say in the hiring of the coach after McCoy was fired and was the one who hired Lynn.
                    my suspicion is that it wasn't so much as Dean, as the NFL wanting some remuneration for paving the way for the LAC to relocate under the good graces of SoFI/Kroenke.... ??
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

It's for the Broncos job, I think.
                      not such an attractive HC position.... until Russell gets well.

or does he prefer Carolina and the No. 1 overall selection ??

and yes, perhaps Payton smells blood in the water w/Hackett....

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I have been thinking about Payton. You could really make a case that he is Andy Reid. A very successful, long tenured head coach who just wore out after so long in one place. I really thought Andy was done and the Chiefs would be middling when they hired him. Boy was I wrong. Payton could do the same thing and go on to be wildly successful here with our team. He would want a lot and would change a lot. But that might be just what we need. But he could also just be another guy who is worn out and doesn't deliver. Not an easy decision and one I am glad I don't have to make. I can just complain about whatever is decided if it doesn't pan out.

I think Telesco will not fire Staley. Staley was his choice, is innovative for good or bad and that is what Telesco wanted, and Telesco just built the whole team to make Staley successful. I think guys like McVay and LaFleur have spoiled us. They were so successful so fast we expect it for our teams, too. But there are lots of Zac Taylors out there, too that took a while to be winners.

I doubt that Payton will go to the Broncos unless he really just wants to get paid and will coach anywhere just to be back. Payton's offense requires mental acumen more than physical and from all we are hearing, Wilson is not suited for that. And Wilson is not the 26 year old, off schedule, backyard football QB he used to be. He looks old and ordinary moving around the pocket now for the most part. And the Broncos have no draft capital and no cap money looking ahead. Gonna be hard to find a top tier coach who wants to walk into that. They do have an outstanding defense and very talented WRs who no one seems to be able to unlock. I think they are likely looking at a guy like Bienemy as their next HC. An offensive guy who is looking for a chance to be a HC and wont be choosy. Besides whoever hires Payton owes some draft picks to the Saints. Broncos don't have any to give!

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          Is Telesco allergic to Speed?
                          A little of that vs the Broncos and Herbert job get so much easier.
                          I think the fastest WR we have right now is Carter. But they need him in the slot to make up for Keenan being out. Perhaps when Allen is back, Carter can run some 'take the top off the defense" routes?

Every other WR we have is 4.5ish I think, including Bandy.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X