• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Oddly if Chargers don't throw a pick 6 at the goal line vs KC, and instead cash in there, then they are 5-2 and KC is 4-3. As bad as is been they are a single play away from being in the driver's seat in the AFC West.

QB driven league...... this team will go as far as Justin takes them. He isn't playing his best football. And some of that is probably due to Allen being out and OL injury and his ribs. He has also not converted on some easy throws. And he also isn't getting great targets from some of his teammates at times. Chemistry between him and Palmer has been off.

Under Staley they went OL Rd1 two years in a row and add solid veteran OL. They have been more right than wrong on reworking this OL and doing it rather quickly under this young HC.

And the special teams has been better and more consistent than previous HC had them playing.

I don't think some other coach like a Payton has them any better than 5-2 any way. It's hard to go 7-0.

Payton career started with 8-8, 8-8, 3-13. You fans would have been screaming fire him for those 3 years. He also went 7-9, 7-9, 7-9 from 2014-2016. Again you would have screamed for his firing then. But now the grass is greener and you want Sean on your sideline. It's been 13 years since he won that SB.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

There should be a 'Pollyanna' thread specifically for those half-dozen posters.

I get a tremendous kick out of those same six posters who are willing to wait and see if Failey can right the ship. LOL! I ask: Is there ANYTHING he has shown you to date - this year or last - that would give you anything but a fool's hope that it's going to happen? Has the team been playing hard? Executing well? Do they seem ready, week in and week out, for their next opponent? Are they improving from week to week? Correcting mistakes? Is their play on the upswing?

I know that this is an unpopular opinion (not that I care all that much), but I'm hoping the team goes on an 11-game LOSING streak so even brain dead owners like the Span-Asses - maybe - will pull the trigger on the train wreck that is Telesco and Staley and pretty much the entire coaching staff.
      Yeah that’s extreme. If you listen to the Florio piece on the Rich Eisen show he talks about the new Broncos owners and what smart organizations do. Once they see a problem, they don’t wait until it spirals downward. They make the hard decision fast and move on. It’s another sport but when the Lakers first had Shaq and Kobe Adel Harris was the coach and they did well until the playoffs. His last season they fired him early. First month I think and hired Phil Jackson. They won 3 straight titles with Phil.

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        Oddly if Chargers don't throw a pick 6 at the goal line vs KC, and instead cash in there, then they are 5-2 and KC is 4-3. As bad as is been they are a single play away from being in the driver's seat in the AFC West.

QB driven league...... this team will go as far as Justin takes them. He isn't playing his best football. And some of that is probably due to Allen being out and OL injury and his ribs. He has also not converted on some easy throws. And he also isn't getting great targets from some of his teammates at times. Chemistry between him and Palmer has been off.

Under Staley they went OL Rd1 two years in a row and add solid veteran OL. They have been more right than wrong on reworking this OL and doing it rather quickly under this young HC.

And the special teams has been better and more consistent than previous HC had them playing.

I don't think some other coach like a Payton has them any better than 5-2 any way. It's hard to go 7-0.

Payton career started with 8-8, 8-8, 3-13. You fans would have been screaming fire him for those 3 years. He also went 7-9, 7-9, 7-9 from 2014-2016. Again you would have screamed for his firing then. But now the grass is greener and you want Sean on your sideline. It's been 13 years since he won that SB.
        He still has one more than us.

Not that I think we'd ever pay him, but it's fun to dream about I suppose.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yeah that’s extreme. If you listen to the Florio piece on the Rich Eisen show he talks about the new Broncos owners and what smart organizations do. Once they see a problem, they don’t wait until it spirals downward. They make the hard decision fast and move on. It’s another sport but when the Lakers first had Shaq and Kobe Adel Harris was the coach and they did well until the playoffs. His last season they fired him early. First month I think and hired Phil Jackson. They won 3 straight titles with Phil.
          Harris got into his 5th season before being fired. Not sure how this shows that a good organization acts quickly. If anything, I would have thought that firing him would have happened after losing to Utah, but they brought him back for 12 games before doing it. One can make the argument about recognizing a mistake and correcting it but the reality is if the playoffs started today, we'd be in them. There is also some thought that good organizations are also stable and don't constantly panic and reboot.

Again, Staley should be judged by his record. We missed the playoffs last year. If we miss them this year, and the road certainly is not getting easier with the mounting injuries, he should be fired. Now if the team brings him back because of the injuries, well...not sure what to say about that.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

There should be a 'Pollyanna' thread specifically for those half-dozen posters.

I get a tremendous kick out of those same six posters who are willing to wait and see if Failey can right the ship. LOL! I ask: Is there ANYTHING he has shown you to date - this year or last - that would give you anything but a fool's hope that it's going to happen? Has the team been playing hard? Executing well? Do they seem ready, week in and week out, for their next opponent? Are they improving from week to week? Correcting mistakes? Is their play on the upswing?

I know that this is an unpopular opinion (not that I care all that much), but I'm hoping the team goes on an 11-game LOSING streak so even brain dead owners like the Span-Asses - maybe - will pull the trigger on the train wreck that is Telesco and Staley and pretty much the entire coaching staff.
            I'm not a Pollyanna by an stretch - but I also don't go looking for the worst in everything. Some posters, Q, only show up when things are bad so they can trash the team. WTF is the point of following a team that does nothing but disappoint? That is certainly everyone's prerogative but if I didn't have hope that it could someday turn around I'd find another team to follow. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the ride. We have warts. We'll see if our coach can turn it around. Until we are eliminated, I'm here to root them on. Rooting for the team to lose out? Would never enter my thinking. And even if they did - we are still owned by Team Spanos so why, in your negative world, do you think that this time they'd make the "right" hire?

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Harris got into his 5th season before being fired. Not sure how this shows that a good organization acts quickly. If anything, I would have thought that firing him would have happened after losing to Utah, but they brought him back for 12 games before doing it. One can make the argument about recognizing a mistake and correcting it but the reality is if the playoffs started today, we'd be in them. There is also some thought that good organizations are also stable and don't constantly panic and reboot.

Again, Staley should be judged by his record. We missed the playoffs last year. If we miss them this year, and the road certainly is not getting easier with the mounting injuries, he should be fired. Now if the team brings him back because of the injuries, well...not sure what to say about that.

Harris was coach of the year for the Lakers and the team improved each season. He was also a vet so he got and deserved more rope. But when the Lakers knew they had the team but were underperforming they didn’t wait.

We am be fairly certain that the chargers won’t make a move mid season. But I agree if we do t make the playoffs he should go. And I wouldn’t be upset if he replaced hill with Fangio right now.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

I'm not a Pollyanna by an stretch - but I also don't go looking for the worst in everything. Some posters, Q, only show up when things are bad so they can trash the team. WTF is the point of following a team that does nothing but disappoint? That is certainly everyone's prerogative but if I didn't have hope that it could someday turn around I'd find another team to follow. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the ride. We have warts. We'll see if our coach can turn it around. Until we are eliminated, I'm here to root them on. Rooting for the team to lose out? Would never enter my thinking. And even if they did - we are still owned by Team Spanos so why, in your negative world, do you think that this time they'd make the "right" hire?
                I think those posters who only show up when the team is doing badly - and I really don't think I'm one of them, despite my negative slant, because I post a lot - are frustrated. VERY frustrated. Many of them have been around longer than you or I and have lived through all the BS that this franchise has thrown at them...and they're still here. I think that says something about their devotion, despite the fact that they only seem to come out at the worst of times.

And your last sentence has just driven me into more negativity. I guess my own brand of fool's hope is that the blind squirrel finally finds that acorn.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

How bout offering an opinion on what you think the issue is? Multiple people are seeing what I’m seeing. You can call it lack of buy in, no confidence in over his head or lack of respect. Just don’t say injuries because aside from Bosa the defense was at full strength prior to JC’s injury and they were failing before then. And the offense had Linsley back MW and Keenan and were failing. So go ahead. Fill the forum with your insight
                  I've already said I'm not sure of the answers but I'm not going to fly off and say Staley has lost the team and nobody respects him.

I will buy that he is inexperienced. Take those 3 points after a turnover with a FG instead of going for it. Gives good vibes to the team that they scored after creating a.turnover early on.

I have also said Herbert isn't himself. Clear to see and some posters seem to forget he is hurt.
                  He looks very much like Rivers did when he had injured ribs. But at the time we didn't know what was wrong with Rivers , but knew something was.
                  That alone is bad for the offense.

We had Keenan for a half. Bandy and Moore, non factors.

The defense is a mystery.

My best answer is I'd like new owners but likely aren't getting that anytime soon..
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-24-2022, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    I've already said I'm not sure of the answers but I'm not going to fly off and say Staley has lost the team and nobody respects him.

I will buy that he is inexperienced. Take those 3 points after a turnover with a FG instead of going for it. Gives good vibes to the team that they scored after creating a.turnover early on.

I have also said Herbert isn't himself. Clear to see and some posters seem to forget he is hurt.
                    He looks very much like Rivers did when he had injured ribs. But at the time we didn't know what was wrong with Rivers , but knew something was.

My best answer is I'd like new owners but likely aren't getting that anytime soon..
                    Fair enough. You do seem quite ready to fly off and call posts "bullshit" and "stupid shit" without having any rationale of your own for what ails us. That's what I was objecting to.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

It's just maddening, bro. Nobody is calling out anybody. Everyone is frustrated. This season seems like a wash. I just hope Herbert doesn't get more hurt and/or develops a negative relationship with the franchise. Wasn't he a Chargers fan growing up?

Fuck, we need some serious help in the off-season.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Tomdutchy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2021
                        • Send PM

I do say what I want but i dont throw out BS speculation like it is a fact.

Staley may be over his head and that I'd agree with,.... because he lacks NFL HC experience but to say the players don't respect him is pure bullshit speculation on the Chain level.

Don't let your frustration make you blurt out crazy shit.
                        Sometimes BS speculation is the tip of the iceberg of truth like when I posted welcoming Payton as our new HC.

I said Staley lost the team after his 4th down call vs. Cleveland and you could say that is BS speculation, but if we feel that was a shit call, you think the players are under the staley ether and are too stupid to see that too?

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Sheesh. Can't even fathom who wants the team to lose. I assume the pollyanna's AND those of us who call out the crap BOTH want the team to win. BOTH hope for the best. But one side tends to be realistic about the immediate.

Comment

Working...
                          X