• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    My thoughts...

The eyeball test says the Chargers are mediocre.
    (Not just this game, but the last few games.)

But....

There have been an absurd amount of injuries.

The Chargers won another close game....

Say what you will about Staley, he has installed a culture of winning close games.
    This is something the Chargers have not had in a LONG LONG TIME.

I am very much in support of Staley, to win with such a depleted roster, and to keep winning close games.
    I say the future is bright with Staley!
    I will say this for Staley - the Chargers are winning games that Lynn, McCoy, maybe even Norv Turner would have lost. The Browns, Broncos, yesterday. So he has the team 5-3 - credit to him and the coaches
    But maybe this week, come out a little better in the first quarter. Cannot keep trailing by double digits.

Defense get a 3 and out or force a punt
    Offense at least get a few first downs, a FG attempt

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I will say this for Staley - the Chargers are winning games that Lynn, McCoy, maybe even Norv Turner would have lost. The Browns, Broncos, yesterday. So he has the team 5-3 - credit to him and the coaches
      But maybe this week, come out a little better in the first quarter. Cannot keep trailing by double digits.

Defense get a 3 and out or force a punt
      Offense at least get a few first downs, a FG attempt

Norv, Lynn, and McCoy would have taken Everett out of the KC game and Herbert wouldn’t have thrown an interception. Team would be 8-0 and nobody would be injured.

See….I can make up pure malarkey up too.

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Ugh. Why do people bring up Eli Manning in a positive light on this board> He was a crybaby who benefited from his defense beating the crap out of Brady..
        It’s called context. Follow the thread of the response and see why I brought him up. You might find that it wasn’t because I like him or anything but using him as a great example of someone who wasn’t supposed to win and then did.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

That's almost as annoying as your Eli Manning post. I may have to put on ignore soon. LOL.
          Oh No Omg GIF by The Office

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
            Chargers Hall of Fame
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

My thoughts...

But....

Say what you will about Staley, he has installed a culture of winning close games.

I am very much in support of Staley, to win with such a depleted roster, and to keep winning close games.
            He's also instilled a culture of getting blown out by teams, teams who should be far worse than us.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

John Spanos was head of scouting before daddy handed off the top job with the GM reporting to him.

Therefore Johnny THINKS he knows how to build a roster and is very much hands on. There’s no way he will give up that control to Payton and with Payton’s stature and ability to call the shots on where he goes and what authority he will have, there’s no way he will come to LAC and take a knee to the Spanii kid.

It’s self evident. That’s why you have inexperienced GM and HC’s since John has been at the helm.

Nevertheless, you keep attributing competence and trust in John Spanos while you know zero about him.

look at the record.
              And that's why we are doomed with the Spanos in charge.

Please sell this team.

Unless they finally come to their senses and realize they don't know shit..

Comment

• Classic
                Hall Of Fame
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

The team still has issues at run defense that should have been fixed by now. No depth to speak of at safety, and DL that is wearing thin with a huge amount of snaps. Oh and Joe's offense also hasn't reached the peak it did last season.

Not impressed. Beat the 49ers and show me you can win against a strong well coached team like SF.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                  Oh No Omg GIF by The Office
                  The 49ers lost to the Falcons. We beat the Falcons. The 49ers beat the Seahawks. We lost convincingly to the Seahawks. We lost to the Jaguars..badly. The Jaguars lost to the Broncos. We beat the Broncos.

Tell me exactly why someone pointing out that the 49ers lost to the Falcons caused you to do a ridiculous mic drop.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

It’s called context. Follow the thread of the response and see why I brought him up. You might find that it wasn’t because I like him or anything but using him as a great example of someone who wasn’t supposed to win and then did.
                    There was no context...at all. You're bringing up an upset that happened 15 years ago between two completely different teams under completely different circumstances. LOL.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

My thoughts...

But....

Posters are not getting it.

The big picture is that our Chargers are burying the past.

As of this moment, we still have every opportunity to qualify for the playoffs, some way somehow, get healthy, and emerge as a very serious post season threat.

Many Charger fans will fight this idea every step of the way.

We have all seen some shit.

Get over it, and dare to be great.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

The 49ers lost to the Falcons. We beat the Falcons. The 49ers beat the Seahawks. We lost convincingly to the Seahawks. We lost to the Jaguars..badly. The Jaguars lost to the Broncos. We beat the Broncos.

Tell me exactly why someone pointing out that the 49ers lost to the Falcons caused you to do a ridiculous mic drop.
                        Man changing the goal posts like crazy there. I guess you realized why I mentioned Eli and had to find another thing for you to try and attack.

But no worries, you seem to missing context around a bunch of stuff so I’ll help out.

It seems like some folks think that the Chargers don’t have a chance of beating the 49ers because we are winning ugly. The Falcons beating the 9ers shows that any team can win at any time.

It seems like many Charger fans are so negative about a 5-3 massively injured team that has been playing hard for their coach. Our team isnt winning pretty but they are winning and an nfl season is long and drawn out and requires tough wins.

Anyway I hope you appreciate my mic drop take now much like how you now understand the context behind the Eli mention.

Animated GIF

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

There was no context...at all. You're bringing up an upset that happened 15 years ago between two completely different teams under completely different circumstances. LOL.
                          Ahh, I see you can’t equate two teams that were supposed to lose having a chance. No worries it’s obvious…

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Comment

Working...
                          X