• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
    We were outrushed 201-91. Khalil Mack's strip, Justin Herbert's fantastic performance, and the good fortune after we nearly fumbled away the game-winning drive turned out to be the difference. It also didn't hurt that we played a backup quarterback who completed 12 of 23 for 129 yards.

The 49ers will destroy us if we play like we did today.
    Mariota is their starter.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Mariota is their starter.
      I don't care. He's a backup.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

We were outrushed 201-91. Khalil Mack's strip, Justin Herbert's fantastic performance, and the good fortune after we nearly fumbled away the game-winning drive turned out to be the difference. It also didn't hurt that we played a backup quarterback who completed 12 of 23 for 129 yards.

The 49ers will destroy us if we play like we did today.
        well then the backup was not effective in the game. Sounds like our def did good there. If Mariotas stats were 33 of 38 320yrd and 3td you would have a point.

Falcons run game is there star and they used it well. Its just happens our backups were better then their backups.....some call that depth, others coaching. I call it both

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

well then the backup was not effective in the game. Sounds like our def did good there. If Mariotas stats were 33 of 38 320yrd and 3td you would have a point.

Falcons run game is there star and they used it well. Its just happens our backups were better then their backups.....some call that depth, others coaching. I call it both
          It just so happens that we have Khalil Mack and Justin Herbert and they don't. The problem is we are getting outrushed like this nearly every week, and teams with better quarterbacks will beat us convincingly if this continues.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

I don't care. He's a backup.
            So is Geno Smith? And Jimmy G?

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

The 49ers lost to the Falcons by 14 points…just sayin’…

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

So is Geno Smith? And Jimmy G?
                Jimmy G. is capable of starting for many more teams than Mariota is. He did quarterback the 49ers to a Super Bowl and two NFC Championship games. He would have had a starting job outside of San Francisco if he hadn't been injured this offseason. Mariota will be done as a starter when the Falcons draft a quarterback or sign someone better.

I have no idea what to make of Geno Smith right now. Maybe he's a Rich Gannon. Maybe he's a Trent Dilfer. Who knows?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  The 49ers lost to the Falcons by 14 points…just sayin’…
                  And they also lost to the Bears and Broncos but beat the crap out of the Seahawks, 27-7.

I hope I'm wrong, but we don't match up well with them, so we can't play the way we did today against them.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Jimmy G. is capable of starting for many more teams than Mariota is. He did quarterback the 49ers to a Super Bowl and two NFC Championship games. He would have had a starting job outside of San Francisco if he hadn't been injured this offseason. Mariota will be done as a starter when the Falcons draft a quarterback or sign someone better.

I have no idea what to make of Geno Smith right now. Maybe he's a Rich Gannon. Maybe he's a Trent Dilfer. Who knows?
                    What I suspect happens is that Pete keeps him going during the regular season, but come playoff time he’ll go Alex Smith on the team and will be a quick exit.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

And they also lost to the Bears and Broncos but beat the crap out of the Seahawks, 27-7.

I hope I'm wrong, but we don't match up well with them, so we can't play the way we did today against them.
                      If Norton is our starting RT it will be an even tougher matchup.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

I think Jimmy is better than Trey Lance and the 49ers got lucky that there were no big bidders for Jimmy and also lucky that Trey got hurt.

maybe atl drafts a qb and he sits or starts buts for 2023. In 2022 Mariota is the starter. Has been all season.

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

It just so happens that we have Khalil Mack and Justin Herbert and they don't. The problem is we are getting outrushed like this nearly every week, and teams with better quarterbacks will beat us convincingly if this continues.
                          Teams with more experienced coaches (Carroll/Pederson) already have and will continue to beat us convincingly.

Comment

Working...
                          X