• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Some of my frustration has given way to apathy.
    I'm actually glad there's not a game on this week, I feel weirdly free.
    Hoping for the best but my expectations have been adjusted.

Rooting for Staley and company to shut me the F up.
    Lol, me too, no frayed nerves. Just a fan watching other games. Hoping Herbert feels a lot better after a week of no hits on him.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Same here lol.Woke feelin kinda relieved.Says alot about my team I guess.

Comment

• Air Coryell
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2021
        • Carlsbad, CA
        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
        • Send PM

Watch the 49ers D. You will see real coaching. Their head coach is really good also.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

I think a lot of you guys think this team has more talent than it really does. This team finished 7-9 a couple of years ago. What are the talent differences defensively? Linval Joseph is gone, Melvin Ingram is gone, Bosa is injured, Nwosu is gone, Perryman is gone, Kyzir White is gone, Casey Hayward is gone. Those are all good players. We didn't have Mack or Joseph Day then but right now I'd argue this defense is quite a bit less talented than that 2020 defense.

Offensively Hunter Henry is gone and all the other receiver are on IR or injured. This team just doesn't have the talent a lot of people think.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
            I think a lot of you guys think this team has more talent than it really does. This team finished 7-9 a couple of years ago. What are the talent differences defensively? Linval Joseph is gone, Melvin Ingram is gone, Bosa is injured, Nwosu is gone, Perryman is gone, Kyzir White is gone, Casey Hayward is gone. Those are all good players. We didn't have Mack or Joseph Day then but right now I'd argue this defense is quite a bit less talented than that 2020 defense.

Offensively Hunter Henry is gone and all the other receiver are on IR or injured. This team just doesn't have the talent a lot of people think.
            Depth is weak overall particularly on the OL and we knew that. I dont agree those players you named are better.
            I liked Perryman but he was always hurt for half a season. He is hurt now.

Joseph was past his prime and Mel was past his mediocre prime in 2020. Hayward was good but we replaced him fine imo.

Nuwosu was average here. He has 3 sacks this year, had a career game against us. Mack isn't better?
            Kyzir, Not sure why he wasn't brought back since he signed a decent 1 year deal in Philly. Some here thought he was going to be expensive to resign and sometimes players want more from their original team to stay.

I think overall we have a more talented defense but Jackson needed time to get acquainted and now is out for the season. Bosa out.

Imo Austin Jackson, Joseph Day and Fox are a lot better DL than what we had on the interior. Could be better at LB.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-30-2022, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

What were you saying before the season? Most pundits had our roster at top 3 in the afc. We’ve had a rash of injuries to the most important players on the team. That’s changed the way this team looks quite a bit.

My issue before the season started was at LB and RB. They basically ignored those positions and I still think it’s our weakness.
              otherwise, OL is better wr is a wash, Everett is fine, DL is better and DBs are better

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

don't want Payton.... don't want to resign Lombardi.... ditto for Staley,

not sure how the Telesco situation plays out, and as he is chili con carne/peanut butter & jelly w/Johnny.

do want to add a proven personnel guy (John Dorsey ?) to the equation, and still intrigued by the likes of Rivera, Flores and (Joe) Brady.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

despite what plenty of peoples have praised/commented on as Staley's ability to connect w/his players, am of the opinion that it is exactly the opposite.... think he is frontin' more oft than not.

his defense is no guru's doing, and his offense is not Justin Herbert worthy, nor resemble any semblance of Chargers' football.

and worst, he has shown zero sensitivity/wisdom in dealing w/Herbert's injury, and of which much of the responsibility also falls on Justin himself and team Tommy John.

if he finishes better off than last year, am guessing he is retained.... anything much below .500, and fail to see any good reason to keep him as HC of the Los Angeles Chargers.

will also add that as injuries have been his undoing, not sure how much you can put on Telesco, as not only does he take direction from John Spanos, he also well defers to his HC.

Staley has had a large say in hand selecting talent (w/known injury histories) for this unit, along w/a deciding influence on which players to retain, and of which to bid adieu.... some of his own medicine might be his due ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

LOL - yup very hard to tell. On the 4th and 1 on the first drive of the Seahawk game where Eckeler ran into the wall and was stuffed looked like a shaky call. But Eckeler said after the game he had an option to go outside if the inside was clogged up and he made a bad read and ran into the pile. He would have been one on one with a corner if he had busted it outside and I like that matchup a lot.
                    Slow starts. Porous and "poor-us" defense. Trying to get back in games. We know what happened after Ek's bad read.

In London, Russell Wilson and Donkeys may have turned the corner. Tough stretch LAC schedule coming.

Staley must get this team to playing better football.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

What were you saying before the season? Most pundits had our roster at top 3 in the afc. We’ve had a rash of injuries to the most important players on the team. That’s changed the way this team looks quite a bit.

My issue before the season started was at LB and RB. They basically ignored those positions and I still think it’s our weakness.
                      otherwise, OL is better wr is a wash, Everett is fine, DL is better and DBs are better
                      Dallas had a rash of injuries as well. Culture and Coaching is paramount. The Chargers could come out of the bye, Allen could be ready to play the 2nd half of the season. The team is rested....

I would say these next 4 weeks could determine if Staley and Co. turn the corner on this season and make a playoff run and if so Staley's culture is established! At Atlanta is going to be a tough game, Go CHARGERS!

Comment

• Classic
                        Hall Of Fame
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Dallas had a rash of injuries as well. Culture and Coaching is paramount. The Chargers could come out of the bye, Allen could be ready to play the 2nd half of the season. The team is rested....

I would say these next 4 weeks could determine if Staley and Co. turn the corner on this season and make a playoff run and if so Staley's culture is established! At Atlanta is going to be a tough game, Go CHARGERS!
                        Culture building starts from day one not game #8 in a HC's 2nd season. Winning @ ATL is always welcomed but like i said when they were on that 3 game win streak its about how you win. If the offense doesn't come out firing then my beliefs about Joe not being a quality OC will for real.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

very much how I feel. Now if I could fish on Sundays I would rather do that than watch a game. It's just so much better for my heart and health, I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                          X