• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jubei
    replied
    Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post
    Staley is finished.

Even the dullest tools in the shed at Charger Park will figure this out.
    Dont give them too much credit. definitely not the sharpest tools in the nfl shed...maybe the tools of the nfl shed

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post
    Staley is finished.
    This thread should be bumped and a thread on the new head coach should be started.

When Stephen A says that Brandon Staley is done .... and Shannon Sharpe giggles, as if Staley is the most hapless and ridiculous of buffoons: the butt of evey and all jokes,
    you know its over.

It was a side note while talking about the 49ers, a team that matters.

Granted, but will those dullest tools again go down the path of the hot shot unproven coordinator type or will they actually find and pay for a quality HC candidate and staff.

If there is a newby GM with a hire like Ben Johnson, it will be more of the same

I would rather have Clapper Garrett, Vance Joseph, Jim Schwartz or Steve Spagnuolo than Ben Johnson or another newby with limited experience in coaching and as a coordinator. That doesn't mean I want any ahead of Harbaugh or Quinn or even Hoodie. Just saying, the Chargers need an experienced HC

Leave a comment:

• NOrvMeNow
    replied
    Staley is finished.
    This thread should be bumped and a thread on the new head coach should be started.

When Stephen A says that Brandon Staley is done .... and Shannon Sharpe giggles, as if Staley is the most hapless and ridiculous of buffoons: the butt of evey and all jokes,
    you know its over.

It was a side note while talking about the 49ers, a team that matters.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMamba88
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltx View Post

At least Rivers delivered us a handful of division titles, memorable playoff wins, a championship game appearance.

Will probably get nada in the next decade with Reid and Payton having their boots on our necks.
    all that shit don't matter to me if you don't win a Super Bowl.

its just empty stats like what Herbert has put up so far in his career.

Spanos have condition the fans to accept mediocrity and its going to continue because they keep making the same mistakes every single time.

they're never proactive about pulling the plug on anything that is obviously not working.

like i said they should of fired Staley after week 7 loss and then had a fire sale to accumulate draft capital for the next couple seasons.

now because they didn't do that its gonna get uglier next season because they're gonna go into this upcoming draft with no extra draft capital and having to lose some players they can't replace because they have no cap space or draft capital to do it.

more holes on the roster and replacing them with a bunch of undrafted players and on and on we go with the mediocrity treadmill

Leave a comment:

• Boltx
    replied
    Originally posted by captaind View Post

Narcissist. Car salesman.

I am reminded this was a Spanos revenge hire, though. He thought he was stealing one of Kroenke’s greatest assets. And it backfired in typical Spanos fashion.

So I do have to question if Spanos will own up to his mistake or stick with his revenge hire.

For me personally, I’ve already got one foot out the door. Only a Harbaugh-type hire will stop me from, uh….bolting.
    Revenge hire for what? Spanos practically begged him and the NFL to let him be a tenant in the new stadium.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Yep, Polyanas and Debbie Downers UNITE!
    I think, except for Critty, and maybe Wu (hard to pin him down), we’re all united now. Sorry ‘bout dat, Deb

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltx View Post

At least Rivers delivered us a handful of division titles, memorable playoff wins, a championship game appearance.

Will probably get nada in the next decade with Reid and Payton having their boots on our necks.
    I think Herbert can do the same but they need to fire Telesco/Staley and hire a guy like Harbaugh to get there
    Maybe Dan Quinn with the right coaching staff that doesn't include Kellen Moore

I just think it all starts with player personnel decisions and Telesco has been consistently terrible if you look at roster construction less the QB position. He had nothing to do with bringing Rivers in and he kind of fell into Herbert. As if he truly was sold on Herbert - he would have moved up to get him - which he didn't.

Seeing what Payton is doing in Denver shows me good coaching matters - and not just the head coach, the staff. But it starts with the head coach

Leave a comment:

• captaind
    replied
    Originally posted by jubei View Post

he actually said THAT?! MAN he is DELUSIONAL! Or is he a narcissist who believes his shit doesnt stink? UNBELIEVABLE he'd say some shit like that after the way he's put out a product that stinks like poo!
    Narcissist. Car salesman.

I am reminded this was a Spanos revenge hire, though. He thought he was stealing one of Kroenke’s greatest assets. And it backfired in typical Spanos fashion.

So I do have to question if Spanos will own up to his mistake or stick with his revenge hire.

For me personally, I’ve already got one foot out the door. Only a Harbaugh-type hire will stop me from, uh….bolting.

Leave a comment:

• Boltx
    replied
    Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
    history is repeating itself. the Spanos don't know what the hell to do

Herbert gonna get Rivers-ed

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I'm not going to mention any names, but there were a lot more. We've all been wrong about players and coaches, and I understand wanting to believe in them, but last offseason was odd in the sense that some people who still believed in Staley acted like it was totally absurd for fans to want him fired after the Jacksonville debacle. It wasn't just the playoff loss for me and plenty of others. There were many times before then in which Staley demonstrated that he was not qualified to be a head coach.
    I will admit I drank some of the Staley kool-aid maybe in year 1 and year 2. I thought he was a terrible hire though at the start

As for when I thought he should have been fired -- both he and Telesco after the Denver game last year. As if you couldn't figure out to rest players that game - what use are you.

Staley and the entire coaching staff, save Ficken - need to go

But if Harbaugh wants to fire Ficken - too bad, leave Ryan

Leave a comment:

• DerwinBosa
    replied
    Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

NOT ME

Critty - how you feeling about your boy now?
    I'm not going to mention any names, but there were a lot more. We've all been wrong about players and coaches, and I understand wanting to believe in them, but last offseason was odd in the sense that some people who still believed in Staley acted like it was totally absurd for fans to want him fired after the Jacksonville debacle. It wasn't just the playoff loss for me and plenty of others. There were many times before then in which Staley demonstrated that he was not qualified to be a head coach.

Leave a comment:

• DerwinBosa
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It’s now evident that both MCoy and Lynn were better HC’s than Brandon Staley. They each got wins their second season in a playoff game and then crapped out in year 3. Brandon didn’t get the playoff win as he crapped out at the end of the first half in Jax and it’s been a steady and steep downhill since. I wanted him fired for picking up Bosa’s tantrum helmet.

I hope that Spanos doesnt make the mistake he made with Lynn and McCoy and let this go on for a 4th season. Brandon is cooked. No answers and can’t motivate the team. They’re not playing for him anymore
    That was one of the weakest displays I've ever seen from a head coach.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X