• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Buckethead View Post
    Popeye used to be my avatar, but my dog took over.

UT is still there, but just barely.

Be interesting to see if some of the old whack jobs are over here under a different name. That place could get "entertaining".
    You going to start up the old Brees vs. Flutie QB wars? That would be entertaining.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

I totally agree, pull him when Bolts scored the second touchdown, on a high note…JH was firing on all cylinders and it was the opportune time to take them out like I said on a high note. And the D played well for a quarter and a half , start taking the starters out gradually, again on a high note…..The Players lacked intensity, with the game meaning nothing in an NFL game plagued by potential injury, especially with playoff excitement looming.
      Lofton said at one point in the game that he thought the players were looking over at the sideline waiting to be taken out. Thats how it looked on defense - they didn't have to intensity to make plays.

I hope the defense is back focused on Saturday

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

given that Staley also said yesterday that he could have gone back into the game, I will remain hopeful but wait and see
        Ok I am sorry but that is bullshit. Williams could not have gone back in the game and that is a bad look for Staley to lie about that. He couldnt walk without the assistance of 2 trainers.

Having said that we all hope with treatment his back loosens up and he can go. But this is no sure thing

Comment

• Kellyb72601
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          Staley seemed pretty hot about being questioned. Most angry I have seen him with the media.

TG
          I've been mad as hell at Staley for the last 24 hrs and was kinda wondering why he was so upset in that press conference yesterday. But I just saw the transcript of his Monday press conference and now it all makes sense - it wasn't his decision. Here's what he said today:

On the process behind determining playing time for particular players:

"Those decisions are mine — obviously, we're collaborating with our coaching staff, front office and ownership."

If the decision was really his he wouldn't have said anything about collaborating with front office or ownership. Dean probably told him that starters need to play.

I do have problems with a couple of other lies. Bosa obviously had a setback yesterday and this is what Staley said today:

"We were looking to play a strong first half, for sure. Then, depending on the flow of the game in the second half, be able to phase [Bosa] out when we felt like the time was right. That is kind of what happened in that second half. [Defensive Coordinator] Renaldo [Hill] and [Outside Linebackers Coach] Giff [Smith], we were able to get him out when we felt like it was appropriate. We felt like he got enough snaps, both run game and pass game, and playing in altitude. We felt like he got a good day's work and was able to take another step toward building for this week."
          Bosa never played a snap in the 2nd half so that's obviously a lie.

And on Mike Williams this is what he said:

"Mike's MRI confirmed that there is not a fracture nor a muscle injury, he just has a contusion. You will see him back at practice at some point this week."

On if his 'expectation' is that WR Mike Williams 'will be able to play on Saturday':

"That was the indication given to me this morning."
          I can't prove that's a lie but I'd definitely put money on Mike W not practicing. They MIGHT list him limited on Thursday but no media will actually see him practice. He'll then be listed as a gametime decision and end up not playing.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

What is supposed to be the significance of Staley Speak, when it doesn't suit everybody ?

There is no avoidance with the football stuff.

The team is ready to ball.

Save the mouthy, hard truth for off season player assessment and cap consideration.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

You going to start up the old Brees vs. Flutie QB wars? That would be entertaining.
              NOOOO! I had enough back and forth with blue on that to last a lifetime!

Comment

• Eurobolt
                *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

He got us to the playoffs
                Clueless Lynn did the same, and if getting to PO is goal for you then great....for you...

with a banged up roster and never lost the locker room.
                every team in this league has got injuries, well he let players do what they want so thats why he has not lost it.

I have been through the coaching carousel of dog shit head coaches.
                Yes you are right... Instead use QB star rookie contract and maximize window by letting coach learn for 4 years.

Staley has great ceiling so I give him some slack as I pitch fork his ass.
                how do you know his ceiling? Is this because how Brandon drinks coffee?

I do not agree with firing a coach who gets us to the playoffs and has the ability to learn.
                Again if PO are the goal for you and a successful season then I do understand where you coming from.

Btw PO argument is so piss poor - we have not beat legitimate team this year apart of Dolphins that were on the raise back then.

His 4th down MAD MAX calls have toned down. I say give Staley a break before he gets forum decapitated. He has earned that right.
                I am giving him a break as I expect nothing less than Bolts
                firing on all cylinders against Jax, dominate all aspects of the game, wining it in a way that we make the rest of the league thinking and afraid of facing us, anything less means we lost another 2 years from Herbert's rookie contract.

P.s. How bad an owner has to be by putting an albatross in hands of Lynn and Staley(Lombardi).

Comment

• Tomdutchy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  Speaking of coaching and injured players...

The Eagles played Hurts the entire game despite Sirianni saying "I know he was hurting. He was hurting bad" in a game against the Giants who were resting a bunch of people. Sirianni kept him in the game even with the Eagles up 19-0 late in the 3rd quarter. He was sacked 3 times, hit 4 others and ran 9 times.
                  Why do you keep licking Staleys balls? You try to compare Hurts playing to stupid Staley playing starters most of the game. Hurts hasn't played so getting reps is good. 1 seed on the line too. Big difference.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    We haven’t even played a playoff game, yet people are throwing in the towel. This place is unreal at times.
                    Air Coryell has run aground. Some guys just prefer to prepare themselves for the worst at all times. I was preaching sit the starters for over a week and the overwhelming opinion I saw here at TPB was no way, gotta keep the momentum, we still got a lot of work to do, yada yada …

Mdub will be ok and he will play. Disaster averted, LETS ROLL!
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I didn't say whether I believe him or not just stating what he said but thanks for reading what wasn't typed.
                      I believe him. Joey didn’t look hurt on the sideline to me, other than stretching a bit here n there, he looked strong. Fuck the commentators, did they perform an evaluation? Coach wouldn’t lie like that.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

I've been mad as hell at Staley for the last 24 hrs and was kinda wondering why he was so upset in that press conference yesterday. But I just saw the transcript of his Monday press conference and now it all makes sense - it wasn't his decision. Here's what he said today:

[/SIZE][/B]

If the decision was really his he wouldn't have said anything about collaborating with front office or ownership. Dean probably told him that starters need to play.

B]
                        Yesterday his excuse was the players wanted to play so he let them. Now he’s blaming “front office”?

I was fuming throughout the 3 long quarters he kept the starters in the game. Now I’m even more disgusted with him because he’s not accepting responsibility and blaming others.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

[/SIZE][/B]

I do have problems with a couple of other lies. Bosa obviously had a setback yesterday and this is what Staley said today:

Bosa never played a snap in the 2nd half so that's obviously a lie.

And on Mike Williams this is what he said:

I can't prove that's a lie but I'd definitely put money on Mike W not practicing. They MIGHT list him limited on Thursday but no media will actually see him practice. He'll then be listed as a gametime decision and end up not playing.

I don’t think Dean has the balls to make decisions that big.

Comment

Working...
                          X