Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
    2022 #NFL Defenses (by PFF)

Top 5 1. #Jets 2. #49ers 3. #Eagles 4. #Vikings 5. #Chiefs

Bottom 5 28. #Chargers 29. #Lions 30. #Giants 31. #Texans 32. #Bears

Brought to you by coaching guru Staley. ​
    Our run defense must be ranked below some college teams right now.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

If you can never stop the run, why risk a pass? Not a line of scrimmage defense, which you need to be a championship team.
      Which afc playoff team can run the ball? The Ravens. Anyone else?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Which afc playoff team can run the ball? The Ravens. Anyone else?
        The Jaguars ran for 151 yards against us. Isiah Pacheco has been a strong runner for the Chiefs. Devin Singletary keeps the Bills balanced. Cincinnati is weak in the running game.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

The Jaguars ran for 151 yards against us. Isiah Pacheco has been a strong runner for the Chiefs. Devin Singletary keeps the Bills balanced. Cincinnati is weak in the running game.
          They got rid of the guy that did all that running. I do like etienne tho.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

They got rid of the guy that did all that running. I do like etienne tho.
            Cam Akers and Latavius Murray rushed for over 100 yards against us the last two weeks. Cam went for 6.5 a carry; Murray 6.9. At this point I think I can run roughshod over this run defense.

Comment

• Gigantor
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

[QUOTE=electricgold;n1449606]

Staley needs to understand you can only ride Herbert's coat tails for so long

Staley's defense has major weaknesses so rolling the dice 4th down is in his playbook. The Chargers pass rush & run defense is lacking and the Broncos exposed em over the top. The Jags are gonna test that D & they got tools on offense. I think it's gonna be a shootout.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

[QUOTE=Gigantor;n1449649]
                Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Staley needs to understand you can only ride Herbert's coat tails for so long

Staley's defense has major weaknesses so rolling the dice 4th down is in his playbook. The Chargers pass rush & run defense is lacking and the Broncos exposed em over the top. The Jags are gonna test that D & they got tools on offense. I think it's gonna be a shootout.
                Welcome to the Blues. Good to have you.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Has anyone given credit to Staley for changing the fortune of our ST?
                  We had a decade run of the worst teams play in the history of the NFL.
                  Staley deserves props for at least this, no?
                  He'll be here next year. Maybe D comes around?

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                    Has anyone given credit to Staley for changing the fortune of our ST?
                    We had a decade run of the worst teams play in the history of the NFL.
                    Staley deserves props for at least this, no?
                    He'll be here next year. Maybe D comes around?
                    Of course he deserves credit in seeing the lackluster performance of that unit under Swinton, recognizing the need for change and finding a diamond in Ryan Ficken to manage the unit. As far as giving him credit directly for the unit's performance, I believe all credit goes to Ficken as Staley has delegated oversight of that unit to him, and I doubt Staley is providing much input. There's possible extra credit given to Staley for focusing on ST-viable players in the draft and notably making that unit a priority, but Ficken, as far as I know, is responsible for the choice of players contributing, as well the kickers brought in at his behest.

As for the defense, I don't know, but Staley's stubbornness in how he wants to run this scheme, and his penchant to want to revert to what doesn't work statistically is grinding on me.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Litmus test for Staley on Saturday. Can he game plan a defense to throttle Jax and Doug Pedersen who took him to the woodshed in game 3? Our worst game of the season came against these Jags.

can he truly end “chargering” one of his stated goals?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Cam Akers and Latavius Murray rushed for over 100 yards against us the last two weeks. Cam went for 6.5 a carry; Murray 6.9. At this point I think I can run roughshod over this run defense.
                        How useful were Cam’s yards to the Rams? I recall a 3-score blowout by the Bolts, did I misremember something here? Teams no longer win with ground games alone. Modern Football = Stop the Pass and win the game.

It wasn’t Denver’s rush game last Sunday that did the team in, it was the long bombs to wide open receivers that Wilson connected on that were the difference. I’m not that worried about rush yards, I’m concerned with Ja’Sir and ASJ being 5+ yards behind a streaking WR on a go route because they were staring in the backfield as the WR ran by. They need to clean that shit up fast.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm not sure what you do for a living, but I have several product teams under me and while decisions are ultimately mine, I regularly consult with my bosses and company executives before making them.
                          Of course, all decisions are normally collaborative and that’s best practices. However, not everything works out but if the responsibility was mine I didn’t blame people that worked for me, nor people I worked for even if they were involved in the decision.

This was ultimately Staley’s decision and he tried to squirm out of responsibility by first saying the players wanted to play and then he blamed some nebulous front office entity.

A leader doesn’t do that

Comment

Working...
                          X