• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Getting to a SB the third year helps a lot in cooling the hot seat lol. If only we can do the same.
    Hoping so.... I need to see continued improvement from the defense and these next two weeks will show a lot.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

By sending JCJ to NE, it will help a lot the locker room.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

And just think how bad Hoodie is doing in New England right now and I feel real good about the Chargers...Lombardi and JC Jackson have been a real kick in the balls for Staley. LOL!
        I reckon Staley handled both Lombardi and JCJ very well. He didnt hold onto them hoping, he cut losses and moved forward.
        Agressive Staley and i love it

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

I reckon Staley handled both Lombardi and JCJ very well. He didnt hold onto them hoping, he cut losses and moved forward.
          Lets not hand out too many attaboys. The dead cap space from JCJ will hamper the Chargers for a while yet.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

I'm 100% convinced we dodged a bullet with this douchebag ... "... he was trying his best to get Staley fired ...". I get a read on certain people from time to time and I got this dude's number. he's a POS.

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
              Ok so the majority here want Staley fired. Lots of reasons if one wants to pick one. A minority say no, Coach went 10-7 last year and thats not firing performance. another minority like me say let’s see what he does this year, not yet. But in truth, don’t you all know he’s not getting fired this week or this month? I mean be honest - you do know this, right? Firing the coach at week 6 isn’t gonna help the team in 2023, and everyone here knows the Spanos do not fire coaches mid-season like that. Not at 2-2, not at 2-3.

The team is 2-2 for god’s sake. The season just started. am i really the only one that finds the endless repetitive tirade here tiresome? both sides, and I’m not exempt either.

Sorry to rant, but it’s the same thing over and over and over … 400 pages of it. we all could probably stop the attempt to offer that one final piece of debate evidence after page 445 and go back to talking about football.

Breach picks Chargers 30-27 over the ‘Boys in a wild one …

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...-over-cowboys/
              Other than the crowd on here that thinks Kellen Moore is the next Bill Walsh, I don't think there's anyone who wants to see Staley fired during the season. All we'll get is an interim coach who will most likely not be prepared.

The replacement talk is about 2024. Staley has until the middle January to prove himself.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Lets not hand out too many attaboys. The dead cap space from JCJ will hamper the Chargers for a while yet.
                I am totally handing Staley an attaboy. Nobody liked seeing JCJ on the bench and talking to media...

I give credit where its due. The contract is not Staley's work

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Other than the crowd on here that thinks Kellen Moore is the next Bill Walsh, I don't think there's anyone who wants to see Staley fired during the season. All we'll get is an interim coach who will most likely not be prepared.

The replacement talk is about 2024. Staley has until the middle January to prove himself.
                  Don't know if we need till mid January.

I see them losing their next two games against quality opponents,

and then I see them winning against the hapless Bears and Jets.

Loss against the Lions, win (maybe) in Green Bay ....... they'll head into New England at 500.

Staley will grind out mediocrity with this team .... that's what he does.

With mediocre talent, his teams would settle at the bottom of the river bank.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2023
                    • Send PM

The hopeful talk about the bad apples being jettisoned, and the team united with renewed vigor moves decisively forward ..... that talk will last about another 5 days.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Really? All of these calls for firing, repeated every hour of every day, is for next January? LOL … oh my … ok. You ever fire a guy and tell him to keep working for 3 more months?

If the calls are for January, why not watch the season and see what happens? Thats all that us ignorant blind guys recommend.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Well unless Staley finally gets it together now, I'm done hoping HE has the right stuff for a deep playoff run! Ask any good coach and they'll tell you half the battle in consistently winning in the NFL is having a solid franchise QB! Staley has had that for 3 years now and so far I've seen very little progression from him! What really stands out this year so far is first we couldn't stop the run when Staley took over and now we have morphed into team that can't stop the passing game. So frustrating...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Don't know if we need till mid January.

I see them losing their next two games against quality opponents,

and then I see them winning against the hapless Bears and Jets.

Loss against the Lions, win (maybe) in Green Bay ....... they'll head into New England at 500.

Staley will grind out mediocrity with this team .... that's what he does.

With mediocre talent, his teams would settle at the bottom of the river bank.
                          Agreed, I personally think if they are 3-5 they should be sellers at the deadline and if 5-3 or 6-2, buyers. The worst would almost be 4-4 as you are kind of stuck as buying doesn't make sense but the Spanii would never say "sell" at 4-4 as technically they are in the hunt still

And I am not sure the Jets are hapless with that defense. So I think the best they will be is 4-4. Or knowing the Chargers they beat the Cowboys, beat the Chiefs and lose to the Bears

Comment

Working...
                          X