• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

just because I say need more beef, doesn't mean you won't give me the Storm Norton kind of beef. And Staley driving him to store means nothing if you already over drafted on spoiled bratwurst that I have to throw in the garbage. Tillery. Etc.....just give the shopping cart to Staley. Then you can fully blame him for the meal. But Telesco and Tommy like to help pick groceries and even decide which groceries are worth buying and which are not. Johnny is paying the bill at checkout, so he gets final say. You know it and all Charger fans know it.
    QJ? Luxury pick. Feels like a TommyJohn pick over Staley pick.
    Tuli seems like a Staley pick.
    ​​​​​​
    You’re doubling down on a guy that’s already proven not to be a top notch coach. He doesn’t deserve more authority. He deserves to hit the streets where he can join MCoy and Lynn as 1 and done head coaches.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

just because I say need more beef, doesn't mean you won't give me the Storm Norton kind of beef. And Staley driving him to store means nothing if you already over drafted on spoiled bratwurst that I have to throw in the garbage. Tillery. Etc.....just give the shopping cart to Staley. Then you can fully blame him for the meal. But Telesco and Tommy like to help pick groceries and even decide which groceries are worth buying and which are not. Johnny is paying the bill at checkout, so he gets final say. You know it and all Charger fans know it.
      ​​​​​​
      Not only a luxury pick, but the Bolt Brass seems to have this fixation on tall wideouts...granted it's a plus, but it's not the ONLY trait to consider...they knew QJ has dropsy issues in college but picked him anyways, apparently thinking he's the next Mike Will...oops...

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You’re doubling down on a guy that’s already proven not to be a top notch coach. He doesn’t deserve more authority. He deserves to hit the streets where he can join MCoy and Lynn as 1 and done head coaches.
        I haven't seen anything from Telesco or Spanos to trust them.to build a winner. They both have losing records for their career.

Staley has done things that shows he knows much more about winning football than those guys. He actually has a winning record for his career. He actually figured out the right buttons to press to improve special teams unit. Staff and players. We actually traded for Mack. Staley favorite player. He actually coached a #1 D in the league and called those plays. So it's not like he hasn't put some things on his resume in a short time that would indicate he knows football. What makes anyone think we have a good defensive roster overall.

As a team they are 23rd in points allowed. Which is 3pts higher than a top 10 unit in points allowed. Perspective says it's 1 drive per game to force a punt more than what they are doing so far. Which is often just 1 play on 1 down on that drive. And that really ends up being the difference. Same for offense, make 1 play. Catch 1 more pass that is catchable.

The entire team are likely 100 times more upset than fans today, because they know the opportunity has been right there and they didn't make the play.

Yes I am double down on the HC and ignoring fans who also wanted all the coaches before Staley fired also. I have not seen a HC hired yet that fans didn't want fired. I'm not following the sheep. I've always passed the buck of real responsibilities upstairs to the front office. Build a damn winner that even an avg NFL coach can't screw up in a QB driven league. The entire Eagles roster other than Herbert and K.Allen is way better than Chargers. It's not even close.
        ​​​
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

I haven't seen anything from Telesco or Spanos to trust them.to build a winner. They both have losing records for their career.

Staley has done things that shows he knows much more about winning football than those guys. He actually has a winning record for his career. He actually figured out the right buttons to press to improve special teams unit. Staff and players. We actually traded for Mack. Staley favorite player. He actually coached a #1 D in the league and called those plays. So it's not like he hasn't put some things on his resume in a short time that would indicate he knows football. What makes anyone think we have a good defensive roster overall.

As a team they are 23rd in points allowed. Which is 3pts higher than a top 10 unit in points allowed. Perspective says it's 1 drive per game to force a punt more than what they are doing so far. Which is often just 1 play on 1 down on that drive. And that really ends up being the difference. Same for offense, make 1 play. Catch 1 more pass that is catchable.

The entire team are likely 100 times more upset than fans today, because they know the opportunity has been right there and they didn't make the play.

Yes I am double down on the HC and ignoring fans who also wanted all the coaches before Staley fired also. I have not seen a HC hired yet that fans didn't want fired. I'm not following the sheep. I've always passed the buck of real responsibilities upstairs to the front office. Build a damn winner that even an avg NFL coach can't screw up in a QB driven league. The entire Eagles roster other than Herbert and K.Allen is way better than Chargers. It's not even close.
          ​​​
          You’re too easy on Staley. It’s a QB/Coach league. Average won’t cut it. He’s barely above 500. And trending down. Whatever he’s trying to teach isn’t getting thru. Look at the rosters of all the defenses ranked higher than us and tell me they all have better talent. It won’t happen. Because everybody has one or two premium guys and a bunch of role players that excel in their roles. You could have Surtain and Simmons here for example and I bet the results would be similar. He was a child in terms of experience when he was hired. The rams sure didn’t miss him when they won the Super Bowl after he left and they’re still playing good defense.

you’re cherry picking with Philly. Take the Chiefs. Chris Jonesnis great. But Spags has whipped that whole unit into shape. They’re carrying the chiefs this season.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

nothing is gonna happen.

its the Spanos.

they don't know what to do when it comes to building a winning culture.

Staley will finish the season and more mediocrity and failure will happen.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

​​​​​​
              The 2022 offseason Telesco got all of the players Staley wanted. Jackson, Joseph-Day, Mack, Austin Johnson, and a third-round pick on J.T. Woods. If you believe Staley had nothing to with those players coming here--and should not be held accountable for the defense not improving--then I don't know what to tell you. Telesco never made that type of effort in free agency with McCoy or Lynn.

Comment

• LarryAW
                Chargers fan since 1970
                • Sep 2018
                • Chula Vista, CA
                • retired paralegal/court reporter
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                nothing is gonna happen.

its the Spanos.

they don't know what to do when it comes to building a winning culture.

Staley will finish the season and more mediocrity and failure will happen.
                This pattern will break against the Ravens:

L
                L
                W
                W
                L
                L
                W
                W
                L
                L

Staley is as flexible as a lead pipe, and this is a terrible trait for any coach. The Athletic’s Popper smells🩸in the water, and he’s not going to let up on Staley, who hates to be questioned. Maybe a true meltdown during a Press Conference in the near future will be what gets Staley fired. That said, I don’t think the Spanos family has any shame, so maybe not. Personally, I’d be embarrassed paying $1.00 rent.

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

The 2022 offseason Telesco got all of the players Staley wanted. Jackson, Joseph-Day, Mack, Austin Johnson, and a third-round pick on J.T. Woods. If you believe Staley had nothing to with those players coming here--and should not be held accountable for the defense not improving--then I don't know what to tell you. Telesco never made that type of effort in free agency with McCoy or Lynn.
                  i agree - the mack trade felt out of character, but it is hard to argue with getting a player like Mack (the big question was how much he had left in the tank, which has probably ended up being less than we hoped). JT Woods, fuck that guy. Staley has to go, but you are making me wonder if Telesco should be retained to see if he can help put us back on course. we will see...

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i agree - the mack trade felt out of character, but it is hard to argue with getting a player like Mack (the big question was how much he had left in the tank, which has probably ended up being less than we hoped). JT Woods, fuck that guy. Staley has to go, but you are making me wonder if Telesco should be retained to see if he can help put us back on course. we will see...
                    I don't think there's any question that both need to go. The answer is to hire Jim Harbaugh and let him pick the general manager he wants to work with. It's up to the Spanos family to stop fucking around and make that happen.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

​​​
                      Defo keeping Staley is the best outcome for a Chiefs or Raiders fan.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Speaking from a place of compassion, the Spanoses have to take action and save Staley from himself right now. Watching him in the post-game presser, Staley is in a bad place mentally and it's spiraling out of control. The humane thing to do is relieve him of his burden, Staley could have a complete breakdown if they don't.
                        Compassion has to take a back seat to the business interest.

A smart business sets expectations and holds leaders accountable.

It’s time to pull the plug on Staley and his disgusting excuse for a defense.

Fire the SOB that scouted QJ too!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I don't think there's any question that both need to go. The answer is to hire Jim Harbaugh and let him pick the general manager he wants to work with. It's up to the Spanos family to stop fucking around and make that happen.
                          They both need to go. They made the decisions to build this roster and it hasn't worked out

So why should they be trusted at this point

I agree, hire Harbaugh FIRST and let him pick his GM. The Spanii though will probably wait until the end of the year - do the GM first and than the HC - because they are stupid

Go get Harbaugh now

And do not hire any more first time head coaches

Comment

Working...
                          X