• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That just ticks me off - for maybe 1.5m -- they probably could have had Brian Daboll. Daboll was the right coach at that time. They would be so much better. And yes, Dean makes 75-80m or whatever - but hiring a good coach would eat into that. Granted, might win more games. Really sounds like it was probably money that stopped Daboll - of course

(thanks for posting - good stuffI)
    I remain unimpressed by Daboll. And I have seen him as an assistant for multiple teams. Staley makes $4M. Daboll makes $5. I really don't think they passed on Daboll for that. And Telesco knows Daboll very, very well. Staley was the wrong choice, that is obvious now. But Daboll to me would have also been the wrong choice.

Best point the guy in the video makes is why spend all that money on Herbert and then on players to surround him to make him as good as he can be and not do it at the HC level?
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

The press conference should have been the final straw. He really did act like a whiny spoiled brat -- who was entitled in his role

"...I have full faith in my ability to call plays.."

His arrogance is annoying as hell. Does he want to win or prove a damn point? Most coaches want to actually WIN GAMES!
      this was the fall on my sword my moment - he should have said that things are not working and that he will make whatever changes are needed for the defense. then, first thing this morning, he would announce that he is handing over the defensive play calling to the DC and a new consultant (to be named later this week). save your job man. you lost to Jordan Love.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

this was the fall on my sword my moment - he should have said that things are not working and that he will make whatever changes are needed for the defense. then, first thing this morning, he would announce that he is handing over the defensive play calling to the DC and a new consultant (to be named later this week). save your job man. you lost to Jordan Love.
        And that is why he should be fired this morning. Hell, the person advocating it the most should be Tom Telesco. As if there is any chance of this team winning games - it would be by moving on from Staley

It truly makes you wonder the conversations they have - meaning Dean, JohnBoy and Telesco -- like are they that clueless about the reality of the coaching staff, well, Staley. Or are they just going to be "we need to see how the season plays out"

Comment

• Heatmiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

And that is why he should be fired this morning. Hell, the person advocating it the most should be Tom Telesco. As if there is any chance of this team winning games - it would be by moving on from Staley

It truly makes you wonder the conversations they have - meaning Dean, JohnBoy and Telesco -- like are they that clueless about the reality of the coaching staff, well, Staley. Or are they just going to be "we need to see how the season plays out"
          Hoping that James and Herbert huddled in a corner, talking privately will send a message. It is so blatantly obvious that Staley is done and him staying is going to set the locker room back. At least move on for the players' sake. Hopefully, Spanos is talking to James and Herbert and getting their buy in on firing Staley and promoting Moore and letting Ainsley actually coach. I cannot believe Ainsley is going to stick to the Staley system. If he is, then fire him too and promote Jeff Howard or Jay Rodgers (who was in line for a DC position while with Chicago)

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

He also did the cardinal sin no coach should ever do...he threw his players under the bus
            He did at that, and people are taking notice. He didn't directly blame his players. But when he says his instruction and his schemes are perfect but the execution is poor, he is pointing directly at his players. And that is cardinal sin. And he should be fired for it. Today.

Comment

• BigBad
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Get this yahoo out of here

image.png

Comment

• Heatmiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I like the way we play! I like the way we teach!

Comment

• BigBad
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

"He's a backup for a reason"
                  "I’m not here to talk to the fan base"

Statements that seal the deal

Comment

• BigBad
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mars
                        • Ball Holder
                        • Send PM

I keep expecting to sign in and see the thread title changed to “fired.” They really dragging this out another week? Like something is going to change at this point?

Comment

Working...
                        X