• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Who cares! We have a pro bowl QB who won't have to adapt to the NFL and a pro bowl LT.

We have a good roster, just shit coaching. And it's always sunny in LA.

If Spanos wasn't a factor coaching here is a no brainer over Chicago.
    I also think we're the more appealing option, personnel wise. I think you're being unrealistic about the Bears not being a contender.

I can see Harbaugh wanting to start over with a rookie quarterback in Williams or Maye and another top five pick over a $262 million Justin Herbert and a soon to be richly paid Rashawn Slater. Aside from the salaries, there is also a possibility Harbaugh will like the potential of Williams or Maye more than Herbert. Let's remember that he went to an NFC Championship with friggin' Alex Smith and a Super Bowl with a terribly overrated Colin Kaepernick.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Who cares! We have a pro bowl QB who won't have to adapt to the NFL and a pro bowl LT.

We have a good roster, just shit coaching. And it's always sunny in LA.

If Spanos wasn't a factor coaching here is a no brainer over Chicago.
      I agree. The Chargers with Herbert, Slater, Slayer and a few others, are probably the most attractive team for a coaching prospect who is going to be in demand. It'd be preferable to rolling the dice with a rookie QB IMO.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I also think we're the more appealing option, personnel wise. I think you're being unrealistic about the Bears not being a contender.

I can see Harbaugh wanting to start over with a rookie quarterback in Williams or Maye and another top five pick over a $262 million Justin Herbert and a soon to be richly paid Rashawn Slater. Aside from the salaries, there is also a possibility Harbaugh will like the potential of Williams or Maye more than Herbert. Let's remember that he went to an NFC Championship with friggin' Alex Smith and a Super Bowl with a terribly overrated Colin Kaepernick.
        I know some think Caleb is the best QB coming out in some time but I don't think he is. They seem to say that all the time. He may not even go #1.

They said that about Lawrence too.

Your last part is true so why wouldn't he want the challenge to take a cursed franchise to a SB?

And again i mention, he was raving about Herbert last year.

Doesn't matter. Spanos will be the deciding factor as in, will be too cheap to hire him..

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Agree. But not by trolling. You think telling him he should have changed his screen name to Shitty is a good thing?
          Never noticed any of his other posts to be honest. He hadn't been around here that long.

Maybe I mistook Critty for trying to be Chaincrusher 2.0 with his defense of Staley. Anyways...happy Thanksgiving, Fleeter.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Why would you want to start over with a rookie QB when you could start with a bona fide franchise QB? Makes no sense.

I also don’t but these ties to Chicago. Dude played in San Diego coached in San Diego, coached at Stanford, coached at SF. All Cali.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

I know some think Caleb is the best QB coming out in some time but I don't think he is. They seem to say that all the time. He may not even go #1.

They said that about Lawrence too.

Your last part is true so why wouldn't he want the challenge to take a cursed franchise to a SB?

And again i mention, he was raving about Herbert last year.

Doesn't matter. Spanos will be the deciding factor as in, will be too cheap to hire him..
              I think you may be right about Spanos! The stars have aligned for Jim Harbaugh to coach the Chargers! Harbaugh has said he wants to be somewhere he's wanted & has sent out the signal in regard to Herbert! Time for Spanos to tap into their inherited income and do whatever it takes!

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                I’m a simple person guys. I don’t need a big name. I’ll be more than happy with Dan Quinn if he can just make our defense average and keep Ficken. Possibly even Moore also.

I'm not a simple person. I need a big name.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Never noticed any of his other posts to be honest. He hadn't been around here that long.

Maybe I mistook Critty for trying to be Chaincrusher 2.0 with his defense of Staley. Anyways...happy Thanksgiving, Fleeter.
                  I mean we all have different takes on things. I really want to be the type of forum that anyone can share their views. No matter how outlandish or on point they are. Without getting attacked personally. Its not just the attacks that get me down however. Its the dumming down of this community. I want us to be better fans than that. Especially these days where everyone wakes up angry and looking for people to attack. Those who dont agree with their viewpoints. It started on reality TV. Then social media. Then MSM saw that treating people like shit and attacking from the saftey of your computer was big bucks. Now society is totally fucked. lol

HTG to you as well.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I mean we all have different takes on things. I really want to be the type of forum that anyone can share their views. No matter how outlandish or on point they are. Without getting attacked personally. Its not just the attacks that get me down however. Its the dumming down of this community. I want us to be better fans than that. Especially these days where everyone wakes up angry and looking for people to attack. Those who dont agree with their viewpoints. It started on reality TV. Then social media. Then MSM saw that treating people like shit and attacking from the saftey of your computer was big bucks. Now society is totally fucked. lol

HTG to you as well.
                    Don't lose faith in individual integrity - there are many more good people out there than we all realize. I see it every day; respectful, smart, hard working folks. The problem is the groups of 'Sheeple' that tend to make all the noise and get the headlines . . . . . . . . . . . .

Based on my browsing of other teams forums ours is one of the best as far as being respectful of other's viewpoints . . . . . . . . . . don't let a little shit spoil the ice cream . . . .

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Why would you want to start over with a rookie QB when you could start with a bona fide franchise QB? Makes no sense.

I also don’t but these ties to Chicago. Dude played in San Diego coached in San Diego, coached at Stanford, coached at SF. All Cali.
                      For the reasons I already mentioned. Maybe he thinks Williams or Maye will be better than Herbert, and a rookie quarterback will be on a much cheaper contract.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2020
                        • Send PM

I am worried that changing OC again will begin to limit Herbert’s ceiling. I would not mind if Kellen Moore was to take over a couple of years to see what he can do. With Staley already moving on from Steichen and eventually replacing Lombardi with Moore, he has had a major hand in forcing Herbert to adjust to 3 different OC in 4 years, which is really insane to me considering Herbert’s talent level.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                          I am worried that changing OC again will begin to limit Herbert’s ceiling. I would not mind if Kellen Moore was to take over a couple of years to see what he can do. With Staley already moving on from Steichen and eventually replacing Lombardi with Moore, he has had a major hand in forcing Herbert to adjust to 3 different OC in 4 years, which is really insane to me considering Herbert’s talent level.
                          Dan Quinn would likely be okay with keeping Moore at OC.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X