• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont think a poll is needed. Harbaugh would win easily as a want for us over BB.

Dean gonna give us somebody else for 4 mil a season. If he doesnt fire Telesco then he is telling us he doesnt want to win. TT HAS to go. 11 years of mediocrity with a losing record.
    agree that TT has to go. we need no strings attached for the cap cuts and roster makeover.

i have no idea what will happen on the coaching front, i think we have a ton of potential compared to the regular train wrecks looking for a coach. if spanos finally wakes up, i could see harbaugh or BB coming through. who knows. i am also an oakland A's fan, and the owner simply does not care about winning.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

agree that TT has to go. we need no strings attached for the cap cuts and roster makeover.

i have no idea what will happen on the coaching front, i think we have a ton of potential compared to the regular train wrecks looking for a coach. if spanos finally wakes up, i could see harbaugh or BB coming through. who knows. i am also an oakland A's fan, and the owner simply does not care about winning.
      I like the A's too as i played ball with Billy Beane back when we were kids. The A's coming to LV is cool i guess but im not too excited because i dont think its gonna change the owner into wanting to win and we will be stuck with a losing team all the time. Got tired of watching that with the Padres for years when we were a farm team for the others.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I like the A's too as i played ball with Billy Beane back when we were kids. The A's coming to LV is cool i guess but im not too excited because i dont think its gonna change the owner into wanting to win and we will be stuck with a losing team all the time. Got tired of watching that with the Padres for years when we were a farm team for the others.
        Billy Beane built some great teams, just a shame that they could not win it all. as Billy Beane said himself, the playoffs are a crapshoot. although, i think the one caveat to that statement is if you have a cy young level #1 pitcher and a very solid #2 - to me, that is the recipe for winning in baseball (over a great hitting lineup).

similar to football i guess - defense wins championships.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

I had not given it a lot of thought. I was just wondering if people really thought Harbaugh was coming, or just wanted him. I guess the two answers could be loaded into one poll. for example:

A. want: Harbaugh think: Harbaugh
          B. want: Harbaugh think: Belichick
          C. want: Harbaugh think: other

D. want: Belichick think: Belichick
          D. want: Belichick think: Harbaugh
          E. want: Belichick think: other

F. want: other think: other
          G. Critty Special (Staley stays and becomes GM)

I was hoping Topcat or one of the poll guys would see this. I don't know how to make a poll. it was just a suggestion.
          I want Harbaugh, and don't expect the Chargers to get him.

I'm wondering if Belichick stays in New England, based on starting Bailey Zappe.
          They are obviously tanking.

Comment

• AFboltfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2018
            • Balboa Park bench
            • Medical Simulation
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

I'm wondering if Belichick stays in New England, based on starting Bailey Zappe.
            Belichick giving Kraft a high draft pick before his exit... This is probably the most hollow victory in the last several years... A division III team could have beat the Pats today.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

I bet BB could be telling Kraft that we can't win with these QBs. To get back to the glory we need to get a top QB in this draft. And Kraft may be in on the tanking and making it look like he isn't happy. I mean cmon, he gave the owner 6 SB wins and relevance for over 20 years. How can he all the sudden want to fire him?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Belichick giving Kraft a high draft pick before his exit... This is probably the most hollow victory in the last several years... A division III team could have beat the Pats today.
                BB's tanking all the way, almost certainly with Kraft's approval on the downlow. It's the smart play; get Williams or Maye in the draft, Move Jones for a 5th of 6th, find a way to get a decent WR to go with HH, already have a decent defense . . . . . . . . . wala - winner!

This is what I would do if I were in his shoes; play the kids and get them some seasoning, go for it next year with CW.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

BB's tanking all the way, almost certainly with Kraft's approval on the downlow. It's the smart play; get Williams or Maye in the draft, Move Jones for a 5th of 6th, find a way to get a decent WR to go with HH, already have a decent defense . . . . . . . . . wala - winner!

This is what I would do if I were in his shoes; play the kids and get them some seasoning, go for it next year with CW.
                  Whoever drafts Caleb Williams is going to regret it. I just don’t see the mental fortitude for him to be able to handle the NFL.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2021
                    • Carlsbad, CA
                    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                    • Send PM

We tank without trying to. Any we have THE QB.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Whoever drafts Caleb Williams is going to regret it. I just don’t see the mental fortitude for him to be able to handle the NFL.
                      Maybe . . . . . . . . .but he could also be the next Mahomes. BB may favor Drake Maye or Michael Penix. Any of the 3 would be light years better than what he has now.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Maybe . . . . . . . . .but he could also be the next Mahomes. BB may favor Drake Maye or Michael Penix. Any of the 3 would be light years better than what he has now.
                        No way no how!!!

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

But why would Belichick do that? If he's leaving, he'd want to pad his wins to get a better deal with a new team.

If New England goes 2 - 15, that will dampen the market for BB in January.

Comment

Working...
                          X