• Show
Clear All
  • AL9000
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2022
    • San Diego, CA
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

YOU. clowns are talking to ME about history? KC runs the West Coast Offense, which was developed by Sid Gillman of the Cincinnati Bengals. Yeah you're real historians. LMAO!
    Again, you should just stop. Maybe look up what the Air Coryell is... or don't. It's exactly what Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill were. Hell, it's exactly what a QB like Mahomes or Allen or Herbert are meant for. Do you know where the whole idea of a "deep threat" wr came from?! Yeah, probably not. You're making yourself look so bad dude. At this point the fun is wearing off and I actually feel bad for you.

Comment

• AL9000
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2022
      • San Diego, CA
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post
      Gilman, Walsh, Al Davis, and John Madden all came from the Chargers.
      He would never know that lol! That's way too much history for him.

Comment

• AL9000
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2022
        • San Diego, CA
        • Send PM

Walsh was trained in the vertical passing offense favored by Al Davis, putting Walsh in Davis' mentor Sid Gillman's coaching tree.
        Hence my username AL9000.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Gilman, Walsh, Al Davis, and John Madden all came from the Chargers.
          Don't forget Joe Gibbs, he was a Don Coryell disciple.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post

Again, you should just stop. Maybe look up what the Air Coryell is... or don't. It's exactly what Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill were. Hell, it's exactly what a QB like Mahomes or Allen or Herbert are meant for. Do you know where the whole idea of a "deep threat" wr came from?! Yeah, probably not. You're making yourself look so bad dude. At this point the fun is wearing off and I actually feel bad for you.
            Did the Chef tard really say Sid Gilman coached the Bungles? Oh man LO. What's next Walsh coached the Jets with Namath to their SB 3 victory?

Comment

• AL9000
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2022
              • San Diego, CA
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Did the Chef tard really say Sid Gilman coached the Bungles? Oh man LO. What's next Walsh coached the Jets with Namath to their SB 3 victory?
              Al Davis coached the Bengals, Bill Walsh coached the Bears and Sid Gilman coached the Lions lol! Andy Reid created the WCO when he coached the Houston Oilers. Trust me I did my own research.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post

Al Davis coached the Bengals, Bill Walsh coached the Bears and Sid Gilman coached the Lions lol! Andy Reid created the WCO when he coached the Houston Oilers. Trust me I did my own research.
                Don't forget Vince Lombardi coached the Huston Texans to the world series.

Comment

• AL9000
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2022
                  • San Diego, CA
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Don't forget Vince Lombardi coached the Huston Texans to the world series.
                  How could I forget the Sea of Hands game?!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't think that is correct. Gilman was a down field guy, I think West Coast offense was Bill Walsh. Much later than Gilman. Walsh was the QB coach I think of the Bengals at the time and then became the Niners HC.

Not that I really care. I only care about this upcoming season.
                    Walsh developed the west coast offense. He was the O coordinator of Cincy under Paul Brown in the early/mid 70s.

Walsh could never got a head coaching offer despite Cincy's offensive success.

Turns out that Paul Brown was bad mouthing Walsh to other teams, behind Walsh's back.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

How many Chief's would start on the Chargers this year.

Maybe a handful?

- Kelce (until he wears down)
                      - Thuney
                      - Chris Jones
                      - Sneed

You can be generous and throw in Mahomes (but yank him in Championship games)

They have the advantage in their coaching staff - i'll go along with that;
                      but Reid can't turn dross into gold & he's been head coach of some lousy Eagles teams who had high expectations starting out the season.

When pushed, our friendly interloper Tges tried to redirect the conversation back to Chief past successes,
                      as if win totals carried over to following years. Faced with the bleak existence that the future of Chief football holds,
                      I can understand this delusional enthusiasm and his pointed backwards mentality.

Why did this conversation move away from what crap KC plans on pushing out there this year?
                      They'll need a few of those past wins to roll over to this season so as to not end up in the basement.

Comment

• AL9000
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2022
                        • San Diego, CA
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Maybe a handful?

- Thuney
                        - Chris Jones
                        - Sneed

but Reid can't turn dross into gold & he's been head coach of some lousy Eagles teams who had high expectations starting out the season.

When pushed, our friendly interloper Tges tried to redirect the conversation back to Chief past successes,
                        as if win totals carried over to following years. Faced with the bleak existence that the future of Chief football holds,
                        I can understand this delusional enthusiasm and his pointed backwards mentality.

Why did this conversation move away from what crap KC plans on pushing out there this year?
                        They'll need a few of those past wins to roll over to this season so as to not end up in the basement.
                        This is the exact problem Raiders fans have when trying to hold a conversation. They get so defensive and have nowhere to go but talking about their past success. To their credit though, they actually have one of the most historic franchises next to maybe the Steelers.

Watching a Chiefs fan melt down before our eyes while trying to use franchise history as any justification to their argument is just sad. I feel like he’s projecting from his past abuse he probably got from Raiders and Broncos fans asking him how many rings his team had.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Maybe a handful?

- Thuney
                          - Chris Jones
                          - Sneed

Kelce could probably be listed 3 times.

Comment

Working...
                          X