Shudda taken the Colts job, Josh.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• AL9000
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2022
      • San Diego, CA
      • Send PM

The Raiders franchise has been clinging onto a legacy that faded like 40-50 years ago. It was completely dead at least a decade before Al Davis died. It's actually kinda sad.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
        Day One...
        • Mar 2019
        • Brentwood, 94513
        • Send PM

Wait, Fuck the Raiders… carry on

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

I love the Raiduhs….we need comedic relief…..season…..after season…..after season….

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
            I love the Raiduhs….we need comedic relief…..season…..after season…..after season….
            They were the team that went to the playoffs last year, despite the mayhem.

Played well in Cincy.

They'll be a good team this year.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The concern with this Raider Front office turmoil is that it can lead to Mark Davis losing control of the franchise, which actually might be good news for them. Football-wise, not much will happen as they are stable with the QB situation, and did ok in the draft. No one in the AFCW is a pushover.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

I've read Mark Davis was creating "me too" moments with ladies in the Raiders' organization and that team president Dan Ventrelle ratted him out to the league because he wouldn't stop, and Davis fired him for that.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Played well in Cincy.

I think Derek Carr will prevent them from getting over the hump. In the playoff game v. the Bengals, when the Raiders got down inside the 10 yard line late in the game and Carr absolutely had to throw a TD pass, he threw an INT. That is what you will always get with Carr. In the first Chargers-Raiders matchup last season, when Carr tried to lead a comeback, he threw a pass to Waller that Derwin stepped in front of and picked. Carr will always buckle when under pressure, playing from behind late in a game.

But...I think Josh McDaniels will figure that out pretty quickly and won't be shy about moving on from Carr, and that is when the Raiders might become dangerous.

Comment

• AL9000
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2022
                    • San Diego, CA
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Played well in Cincy.

They way overachieved late last season. Drunk on adrenaline from all of the drama they endured early on and fighting for their interim head coach. There is no recreating that scenario or the emotions involved with everything going on that season. They'll fall off a cliff this year regardless of Adams being there.

Comment

• AL9000
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2022
                      • San Diego, CA
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I think Derek Carr will prevent them from getting over the hump. In the playoff game v. the Bengals, when the Raiders got down inside the 10 yard line late in the game and Carr absolutely had to throw a TD pass, he threw an INT. That is what you will always get with Carr. In the first Chargers-Raiders matchup last season, when Carr tried to lead a comeback, he threw a pass to Waller that Derwin stepped in front of and picked. Carr will always buckle when under pressure, playing from behind late in a game.

But...I think Josh McDaniels will figure that out pretty quickly and won't be shy about moving on from Carr, and that is when the Raiders might become dangerous.
                      That's the thing with Carr. He can look like a HOF between the 20s for parts of a game, but when it comes down to having the "it" factor, he falls flat on his face every single time. Their fans rave about his "comebacks" but fail to realize HE put them in the need of those comebacks. And we're talking about "coming back" with an entire 4th quarter to do it after being down a field goal at the end of the 3rd quarter lol!

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post

That's the thing with Carr. He can look like a HOF between the 20s for parts of a game, but when it comes down to having the "it" factor, he falls flat on his face every single time. Their fans rave about his "comebacks" but fail to realize HE put them in the need of those comebacks. And we're talking about "coming back" with an entire 4th quarter to do it after being down a field goal at the end of the 3rd quarter lol!
                        This exactly. I already told this story on this forum, but I'll relate it again. I went to San Jose State. My bro went to Fresno State. The game between San Jose and Fresno every season is a big deal to us. In 2013, Carr's final college year, Fresno State was a nationally ranked team and looking forward to its first ever BCS slotting ever. They were undefeated when they played 5-6 San Jose State the day after Thanksgiving in 2013. The game was a shootout between Carr and San Jose State QB David Fales. There was so much at stake for Fresno State. Carr was feeling the pressure. Early in the 4th Q, San Jose State scored to take a 10 pt (I think) lead. Carr needed to drive his team down and score. But he threw a pass to Davante Adams over the middle what was slightly under thrown and a San Jose State LB picked it off. It was the only mistake by either QB in the game. But it was Carr who made the mistake while feeling the pressure, not Fales (who went on to be a 6th round pick and has bounced around the NFL as a backup.) Fales turned Carr's INT into a TD, and Fresno State couldn't recover, losing the game and knocking them out of BCS contention. I've seen Carr do this over and over in the NFL. That is why I think the Raiders will never get over the hump with Carr. I'll be more worried if/when Josh McDaniels decides to move on from Carr and is able to acquire a real QB.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post

They way overachieved late last season. Drunk on adrenaline from all of the drama they endured early on and fighting for their interim head coach. There is no recreating that scenario or the emotions involved with everything going on that season. They'll fall off a cliff this year regardless of Adams being there.
                          Well, they are trying to recreate the magical drama right now.....they are off to a good start.

Comment

Working...
                          X