• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

The 2006-07 edition was 5th on off and 5th on def.
    The 2022 Chargers can beat that !

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/03/kansas-city-chiefs-steve-spagnuolo-2022-defense-growing-pains/

Chiefs’ defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo understands his unit will be different for the upcoming season. A new year without players like Tyrann Mathieu, Anthony Hitchens and Charvarius Ward in your lineup will change the dynamic of a much-improved defense late last season. Spagnuolo discussed the growing pains he expects his new players will go through learning the system during Thursday’s OTAs press conference.

“There’s no question about that,” Spagnuolo said. “Yeah, there’s gonna be a lot of new faces, there’s youth, the system’s new to a lot of the guys even if they’re not young. I’m going through an eyeball, ‘What should we do shouldn’t we do all the time.’ I’m throwing a lot at them right now and they’re probably talking that way — the volume is huge right now for a reason. You know, find out who can handle it, who can’t. We’ll never go into a game with all of this. So there’ll be mistakes out there that normally I don’t think we would make. There’s going to have to be some growth, you know, within the game, so to speak. There’s going to be — we’re going to have to live with some growing pains. I believe that, hopefully, we can overcome them. But I think that’s the only way we’re gonna get it to where we need it to go. Because you’re right. You just look at some guys are going to have to step up there and play.”

I did love and eny the Chiefs' draft but Coach Spags has eyeballed his defense and sees what we see: a last place defense in the AFC West.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I've been watching the reruns of the AFC playoff games from last season and I am wowed by all the teams that played in the divisional playoffs and on. The games were so close that I think any of those teams could have been the eventual AFC champions. Come from behind games, overtime games, last-second scores - those games were really good.
        It made me think that teams need to have just as much good luck as they need good players/coaches.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
          https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/03/kansas-city-chiefs-steve-spagnuolo-2022-defense-growing-pains/

I did love and eny the Chiefs' draft but Coach Spags has eyeballed his defense and sees what we see: a last place defense in the AFC West.
          Perceptive Chief's fans (only a handful) can see that Spagnola is already preparing them for a classic belly drop.

That's all right, all those weapons will carry the load this season.:koolaid:

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

scheme and trait-identified middle-round picks
            Love it. Bring in guys that fit what you do, not some general idea of what a football player is.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
              The 2010 Chargers had the best offense and the best defense and didn't make the playoffs.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                the 2010 Chargers were #1 on O and #1 in D. And it was not even close. They were an amazing team but had historically bad special teams, like bottom 3 ever which caused them to miss the playoffs. If they had even average special teams they would have gone 13-3 or 14-2 that year.

Missed Velo's post.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

I really think 2022 edition of the Chargers will be better than the 2010 one.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

The 2010 team also didn't have a good running game to complement Rivers. And Norv was a terrible head coach.

The 2006 team was the best I've seen of this team.I also think we would have won it all in 2007 if Rivers, Gates, and Tomlinson had been healthy.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                      The 2010 team also didn't have a good running game to complement Rivers. And Norv was a terrible head coach.

The 2006 team was the best I've seen of this team.I also think we would have won it all in 2007 if Rivers, Gates, and Tomlinson had been healthy.
                      79 - 81. Went farther in 80 and 81 but 79 might actually have been the best. Losing the AFCCG to Oakland in San Diego was a tough blow and we would have smoked Philly in the Super Bowl

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

He lead the team to 13-3, in 2009. Second best record in franchise history after the 14-2 team in 2006.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

the 2010 Chargers were #1 on O and #1 in D. And it was not even close. They were an amazing team but had historically bad special teams, like bottom 3 ever which caused them to miss the playoffs. If they had even average special teams they would have gone 13-3 or 14-2 that year.

Missed Velo's post.
                          #1 D was a mirage, masked by so many short fields and/or actual scores given up by ST that it literally shifted aggregate yards allowed. They were #10 in points allowed and anyone watching actual football could see the defense did not play as if they were a #1 D&D defense. Your eyes weren’t lying. They were an ok-good defense but farrrrr from great. Rivera went on to “glory” based on this skewed stat, and good for him.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X