• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Here's a dose of reality.

A decade plus ago, my dear relatives were killed by a negligent big rig driver...right on my birthday. I do not celebrate that day anymore.

Half a decade or so ago, I survived a crazy head on collision, courtesy of someone else's stupid, careless driving. It beats me how it did not kill me. Staples in the skull. Walk with a limp for two weeks. More than a few nightmares. Good to go.

It took time, but I had to eventually bring myself to forgive these assholes. Forgiveness is a powerful thing. It must be extended, and it must be received in an appropriate manner.

The point is, does Derek Carr actually think he is demonstrating some sort of Christian values, or providing locker room leadership here or something ? It's too soon. Ruggs must deal with what he's done.

Carr makes plays on a football field from time to time. Yet he also has a track record of showing a propensity for being a stupid fuck.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I'm a pro athlete getting paid millions of dollars but I don't have better things to do so I'l just threaten people on tik tok with my guns. (because thats how real gangstas do it lol)

If I were getting paid like that and someone pisses me off. I'll just swim in my money.

I’m with you

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        As far as I am concerned, Derek Carr is a piece of shit for being so quick to support Ruggs.

It is woke madness, not an example of righteous forgiveness.

"Thou shall not commit murder."

For all his attributes, Carr continues to massively underwhelm me with a lack of leadership.

And he went out and threw a dumb ass pick to cost LVR their last game.
        Nonsense.

Who in the 'woke' community (let's assume you mean left wing as opposed to right wing wokeness) advocates for leniency on man slaughter and going 150 mph while blitzed out of his skull?

there are a few ways you can view his comments that are more germaine to his tweet:
        - tribalism, or the knee jerk support for a member of your group, with limited (or nonexistent) sympathy for those outside the group
        - blind support for a black player, in an attempt to get in dutch with the majority black players on the team, under the unsavory assumption that they will be fully in support of Rugg's 'unfortunate setback'
        (remember Carr's problems with his Oline a few years ago?)

Either way, there is no principle behind it: its a self centered attitude defending a selfish, pathological act and Car's a prick for doing it.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Nonsense.

Who in the 'woke' community (let's assume you mean left wing as opposed to right wing wokeness) advocates for man slaughter and going 150 mph while blitzed out of his skull?

there are many ways you can few his comments:
          - tribalism, or the knee jerk support for a member of your group, with limited (or nonexistent) sympathy for those outside the group
          - blind support for a black player, in an attempt to get in dutch with the majority black players on the team, under the unsavory assumption that they will be fully in support of Rugg's unfortunate 'setback'
          (remember Carr's problems with his Oline a few years ago?)

Either way, Car's a prick for doing it.

My take on "Wokeness" is that it applies to all.

The pattern is that a profound event is framed to support a preferred narrative.

Certain facts are sidestepped.

Then, the ultra-tolerance is celebrated, and any counterpoint is labeled as being what's actually morally wrong.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Hey pbb, and everyone.
            Upon reflection, I realize that usage
            of the term "woke madness" is triggering.
            So sorry about my lack of restraint there.

It is strongly agreed here
            that politics on TPB is to be avoided.

If it helps anyone,
            here's an example of
            what I see as
            Right Wing wokeness,
            and it just happened yesterday.

Biden used the term "negro"
            when talking about Satchel Page.
            The Right jumped on this as "evidence" of
            see, the Left Wingers are the racists.
            Well, Satchel Page did play in the Negro Leagues.
            Think of historical context.
            Biden was not unreasonable here at all IMV.

Trending back towards being on topic,
            we will just have to wait and see how
            Raiders teammates respond
            to Derek Carr's posturing.

imp:

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

A decade plus ago, my dear relatives were killed by a negligent big rig driver...right on my birthday. I do not celebrate that day anymore.

Half a decade or so ago, I survived a crazy head on collision, courtesy of someone else's stupid, careless driving. It beats me how it did not kill me. Staples in the skull. Walk with a limp for two weeks. More than a few nightmares. Good to go.

It took time, but I had to eventually bring myself to forgive these assholes. Forgiveness is a powerful thing. It must be extended, and it must be received in an appropriate manner.

The point is, does Derek Carr actually think he is demonstrating some sort of Christian values, or providing locker room leadership here or something ? It's too soon. Ruggs must deal with what he's done.

Carr makes plays on a football field from time to time. Yet he also has a track record of showing a propensity for being a stupid fuck.
              Jesus Wu, didn't realize you'd gone through so much s**t!
              I hope you're back on your feet, as steady as before( whatever state that was
              And you're a better man than I.....forgiveness is not yet in my playbook( thankfully, I've not had to broach the subject)

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Jesus Wu, didn't realize you'd gone through so much s**t!
                I hope you're back on your feet, as steady as before( whatever state that was
                And you're a better man than I.....forgiveness is not yet in my playbook( thankfully, I've not had to broach the subject)
                Thank you.
                I was just "feelin' it" on behalf of the victim and her relatives of Ruggs behavior.
                Forgiveness--real forgiveness is so profound.
                I have both given and received forgiveness.
                Nate Kaeding and Marlon McCree were the tough ones.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Thank you.
                  I was just "feelin' it" on behalf of the victim and her relatives of Ruggs behavior.
                  Forgiveness--real forgiveness is so profound.
                  I have both given and received forgiveness.
                  Nate Kaeding and Marlon McCree were the tough ones.

With you there, brother......

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

When Carr said that Ruggs "needs to be loved," he may have unfortunately given the impression to the victim's family that he supports Ruggs's behavior. I'm sure he doesn't, but public statements like this don't help. I am a chaplain's assistant at one of our local jails, and have counseled numerous convicted drunk drivers, rapists, murderers, etc. When someone in a counseling position is speaking with an inmate either in pre-trial like Ruggs, or a convicted person, you need to be very careful not to divulge any details, or opinions related to those conversations. First, because it could affect the inmate's case, and second, to have consideration for the victims of those crimes. I get that Carr and Ruggs were teammates and friends. And I do support Carr if he is counseling Ruggs. But Carr would be better off to just to make no comment, and keep all counseling details, or personal opinions private.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Additionally, TC, Ruggs needs to spend a long period of time coming to grips with what he did.

Visualize someone you love trapped and perishing in a vehicle fire, caused by gross negligence.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

My father was an alcoholic and he got into multiple DUI accidents when I was growing up in the 1960s. In one of the accidents, the other driver died. But it was the other driver who caused the accident, he was drunk also. He came over the center line and hit my father's car head-on. The DA was contemplating whether to charge my dad with manslaughter, but in the end he was never charged. My father wasn't a bad person, he was just a deeply traumatized man who was addicted to alcohol. What Ruggs did is inexcusable. Getting drunk. Getting behind the wheel. Driving like a fool. With all the things available to him to avoid having something like this happen, and he chose to endanger himself, his passenger and other drivers, passengers and pets on the road, it's extremely narcissistic and it is criminal. But there is still a difference between what Ruggs did and what Rae Carruth did, hiring a hit on his girlfriend while she was pregnant with his baby. What Ruggs chose to do really disgusts me because his irresponsible and criminal decision cost the life of a person who was just living her life and a beloved pet. But I don't put Ruggs' crime on the level of the crimes committed by Carruth or an OJ Simpson. There is a difference.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Gruden is suing Goodell and the NFL and IMO the real question is why was Gruden targeted and only his emails leaked out of over 650K emails? In those emails were criticisms of Goodell and the Biden Administration. I’m not a fan of Gruden (except when he smoked the Raiders in the SB) but I hope he takes the lid off of some of the ugly that the league covers up and that he nails Goodell in court personally and outside the legal protections of the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                          X