• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

The runs Allen was doing in the 2nd half looked like they were zone reads and QB keepers off of RPO's. I don't think they were necessarily calling Allen's number, but a lot of QB in the NFL don't really go through their reads and predetermine what they are going to do. Late in the game, the QB choosing not to keep the ball is probably smart, but they may come to regret it.

That may be why we signed Sony. If the RPO's are a RB or throw option, then Sony is s pretty good choice there.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Even with the Chargers not playing Sunday, there will be some entertaining games to watch. The Cards play in LV. I imagine the Cards will be fired up after being embarrassed by Mahomes. If the Raiders lose this game, they are in a world of hurt, because they have the Titans, Broncos and Chiefs as their next three games.

The Broncos have the Texans at home Sunday - it will be a very interesting game to watch as well.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Cardinals have some pretty decent injuries (did prior to Chiefs game) and are without Hopkins, who is a game changer. CHiefs and Raiders both getting to play the Cardinals at the right time. I don’t see Cards winning this game.

I think Denver was over confident for the home opener and will be again for Texans who are good enough to beat some teams they shouldn’t. Heck they already did!

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          Cardinals have some pretty decent injuries (did prior to Chiefs game) and are without Hopkins, who is a game changer. CHiefs and Raiders both getting to play the Cardinals at the right time. I don’t see Cards winning this game.

I think Denver was over confident for the home opener and will be again for Texans who are good enough to beat some teams they shouldn’t. Heck they already did!

TG
          Denver was in Seattle.
          I just hope Hacket is another bust coordinator for them......sure looks that way early.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Raider fans getting testy about the lack of performance from Chandler Jones after he was signed to a fairly big contract in the off season and expected to pair with Maxx Crosby to create a fearsome pass rush.

...it’s worth noting that he didn’t necessarily dominate in 2021 the way he did for most of his career. In 2021 with the Cardinals, Jones had 5 sacks in week one… but only 5.5 sacks for the remainder of the season.
            It might not be time to panic on the Raiders’ 32 year-old defensive end… but for $17 million a season, the team needs to get a lot more impact from Jones than what they have gotten so far.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Heard the same thing, Velo. They really should not be surprised....this is who Chandler Jones is now. He will have a game or two when he really goes off and dominates. But he is largely invisible most games. I thought it was a mistake for the Raiders to trade Ngakoue to Gus/Colts and replace him with Jones. Jones is older, less consistent, and I think cost them more.

When Chargers played Raiders, did you even know Jones was on the field? Crosby was everywhere.

I think Broncos are going to similarly regret signing Randy Gregory.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Go 49ers!

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

The Raiders have the Broncos at home next week then are on the road at KC, then their bye week 6. Do you think, if the Raiders lose to the Broncos and Chiefs are are 0-5 at their bye, the Mark Davis would fire Josh McDaniels?

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    The Raiders have the Broncos at home next week then are on the road at KC, then their bye week 6. Do you think, if the Raiders lose to the Broncos and Chiefs are are 0-5 at their bye, the Mark Davis would fire Josh McDaniels?
                    I think the Raiders and Broncos are equal.

Raiders haven't lost to the Broncos at home in a while. Denver hasn't been impressive. Las Vegas is desperate at 0-3.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

No way! New systems on both sides of the ball, an Oline possibly even worse than ours, and a defense lacking many of the pieces it needs to work. That team will be fine (and tough) going forward

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I think they should keep him and hire Elway as GM after the Walmart people fire him.

Comment

• TTThunder
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

I just realized that if the season ends today, LV has the number one pick in the draft...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X