• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Anybody who thinks the Raiders are playing well should watch these highlights of Jacoby Brissett and the 1-3 Dolpins almost beating them last week. The Raiders could just as easy be 1-3 and would be if a few bounces didn't go their way.

It was painful watching Brissett - almost like watching a slow rb playing qb due to injuries.
    I learned that if Gus is your defensive coordinator, the opponent is never out of a ball game.

Always impressed by Carr, and Ruggs looks real good.
    Chargers better bring pressure or Carr will have a big night.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post

That's a curse right there.
      talking heads of ESPN nooooooooo!
      I see way too many people suddenly picking the Chargers when we really have not done much yet, though we appear to be improving and better than last year.....

a little bit scary.... like they know something the rest of us do not?..... Chargers barely won the 2 road games we were underdogs in and lost when favored at home vs cowboys.....

Historically Chargers have played better as underdogs...... and not as well as favorites..... lol

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
        Bad news:

Our run defense was really bad before...... will this make our run defense even worse, or are the 2 new guys more pure run stuffers?

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Bad news:

Hope we find out we have a diamond in the ruff in Forrest Merrill we normally have that Undrafted FA, from Gates, Maclom Floyd, Kris Dileman, and Austin Eckler I know there are others but these are the ones that made a significant impact

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Bad news:

These transactions leave one open spot on the 53-man roster because Fehoko was activated from the practice squad but not signed to the active roster. CB Ryan Smith is avaialble to return from IR but the Chargers haven't added him to the roster yet; perhaps this open slot is for him.

The Chargers' available defensive linemen now are DE Jerry Tillery, NT Linval Joseph, DE/DT Christian Covington, DE Joe Gaziano, and DT Forrest Merrill on the 53-man roster, plus Fehoko from the practice squad.

Here's the Chargers' announcement of the transactions: https://www.chargers.com/news/kennet...njured-reserve

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I see way too many people suddenly picking the Chargers when we really have not done much yet, though we appear to be improving and better than last year.....

a little bit scary.... like they know something the rest of us do not?..... Chargers barely won the 2 road games we were underdogs in and lost when favored at home vs cowboys.....

Historically Chargers have played better as underdogs...... and not as well as favorites..... lol
              I agree. I would prefer to be a bit more under the radar. I am okay with a consensus of people picking the chargers - but more like 2/1. The Raiders are improved. Offense is playing well. The defense, even with Gus, is better than last year. Their FG kicker is much better than the Chargers.

This will be a tough opponent - I felt better about the Cowboys than the Raiders going into the game to be honest.

Chargers are going to have to play well, tackle well, score in the red zone, limit penalties. Play a really good game.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

A little surprising...I thought Justin Jones was close to returning, he's already missed a few weeks and it was thought for awhile he could play this week. As for Murray, he must have injured his ankle more severely than realized. I don't know how this impacts the defense really though, except for weakening the depth. Tranquil and White seem to be a bit ahead of Murray assimilating the new defense anyway and the unit should be fine with them starting. Amen Ogbongbemiga might see some snaps. Jones is a decent player, but losing him for a time is not a major blow. We still have Tilllery/Joseph and we have some decent young beef to fill out the DT depth.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Our run defense was really bad before...... will this make our run defense even worse, or are the 2 new guys more pure run stuffers?
                  Jones hasnt played since week 1 so hopefully Merril will help make it better. Tillery sure isnt. And right now i think Tranq is playing better than Murray.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Surprised Justin Jones went on IR. He practiced this past week and seemed to be improving and almost ready.

not surprised about Murray. 3rd time he’s tweaked the same ankle.

injury bug starting to bite

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

Hope we find out we have a diamond in the ruff in Forrest Merrill we normally have that Undrafted FA, from Gates, Maclom Floyd, Kris Dileman, and Austin Eckler I know there are others but these are the ones that made a significant impact
                      Merrill did bench 48 lbs 225 times (or was it the other way around?) And he dead-lifted a mini-van. Can Aaron Donald do that?

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It was painful watching Brissett - almost like watching a slow rb playing qb due to injuries.
                        I learned that if Gus is your defensive coordinator, the opponent is never out of a ball game.

Always impressed by Carr, and Ruggs looks real good.
                        Chargers better bring pressure or Carr will have a big night.
                        Carr sometimes starts out slow...... but finishes games strong..... for example the first game, he targeted Waller 19 times, but only completed half of those....they weren't drops....Carr was off target alot but they were always o passes running away from defenders so the errant throw does not get picked...... he was dropping dimes late in game under pressure when it counted.... Ruggs drops balls sometimes but has Tyreek type of speed...... cant let him get deeper than our safeties..... They have a young huge WR who is fast and has great hands..... who made big plays late in their games to help them win.....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          Surprised Justin Jones went on IR. He practiced this past week and seemed to be improving and almost ready.

not surprised about Murray. 3rd time he’s tweaked the same ankle.

injury bug starting to bite
                          Have to see how Merrill and FEhoko do tonight -- but Telesco should be scanning the waiver wire or trade wire:

Atkins and Kawann Short are free agents; so is Snacks Harrison

A guy like Jordan Phillips, been hurt a lot, given a terrible contract by AZ - is probably on the outs with them since they are doing fine. Granted, AZ would have to pick up 80% of the tab and the draft pick would be a 7th at best.

Comment

Working...
                          X