POLL: Is it Time to Fire Vizzy? - K Dustin Hopkins Signed!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Those actually look like Badgley numbers unfortunately. Not liking the 81% for 40-49. And the 51% for 50+. Luckily Staley is more likely to go for it.
    If he still sucks. Maybe it is time to replace the holder. Oh wait that was last year :shifty:

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Well at least it’s kickers and not QBs.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2020
        • Send PM

I thought they may poach the Ravens' Verity from their PS. I think Verity, long term is a better talent than Viz. However, I can only assume Staley wanted a vet and didn't want to be wrong on another young kicker by going with Verity. I assume they will then move Viz to the PS to work on his technique and get the mental part worked out, but who knows.

Hopkins should be more dependable than Viz now on field goals. Also, the gain here is on touchbacks. Hopkins is down this year from 80 percent touchbacks to 71 percent touchbacks. Hopefully he gets back up into the 80s. However, by comparison, Viz was at 41.9 percent. That should help the coverage teams.

Last comment, but the analytics show that Viz is a really bad kicker right now.

Also, I read that they had Elliot Fry in for workouts. I think he would have been Viz 2.0.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Those actually look like Badgley numbers unfortunately. Not liking the 81% for 40-49. And the 51% for 50+. Luckily Staley is more likely to go for it.
          Badley is awful once it's 40 plus attempt.
          100% inside 39
          72% 40-49
          33% 50+
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

11 kickers in 4 years?..... interesting.....

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
              I thought they may poach the Ravens' Verity from their PS. I think Verity, long term is a better talent than Viz. However, I can only assume Staley wanted a vet and didn't want to be wrong on another young kicker by going with Verity. I assume they will then move Viz to the PS to work on his technique and get the mental part worked out, but who knows.

Hopkins should be more dependable than Viz now on field goals. Also, the gain here is on touchbacks. Hopkins is down this year from 80 percent touchbacks to 71 percent touchbacks. Hopefully he gets back up into the 80s. However, by comparison, Viz was at 41.9 percent. That should help the coverage teams.

Also, I read that they had Elliot Fry in for workouts. I think he would have been Viz 2.0.
              I think the data doesn’t always tell the story. Vizcaino could likely kick a touchback every time but he was instructed not to by Swinton. Don’t know what the deal is with Hopkins. But if analytics/data is being used in the decision to not kick TBs by the Chargers, chances are that Washington and other teams see and use that same data. So what I am saying is I don’t think we can reach much into the kickoff numbers

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post

Viz has the ability to kick it into the end zone every time. We just didn’t ask him to do that. I suspect the same issues will pop up with Hopkins.

I think it’s fine to have Viz on the PS. He seems like a hard worker given what he did over the bye to improve.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bol...ino-nick-novak

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

How many Denver QB has it been since 2017?

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Joe Reedy hates the Chargers and all things Chargers. Any opportunity to make a little dig, he digs. Any opportunity to admit he was wrong, he changes the subject.

And yet Staley and the players continue to treat him with respect. Go figure.

TG

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

How many Denver QB has it been since 2017?
                      Same question, but for his favorite team, the Bengals.

TG

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                        I wonder how much of keeping Vizcaino is a Staley decision and how much of it is a Telesco decision and Staley goes along with it because he’s a team player.

Telesco may hesitate at admitting that he’s failed at finding a solution at the kicker position for 8 consecutive years now.

It’s not talked about as much because his ineptitude at putting together a half decent OL and DL over the same years has triumphed it.
                        What we call failure TT calls status quo.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Joe Reedy hates the Chargers and all things Chargers. Any opportunity to make a little dig, he digs. Any opportunity to admit he was wrong, he changes the subject.

And yet Staley and the players continue to treat him with respect. Go figure.

TG
                          Doesn’t he cover everything? I didn’t think he was exclusively with the Bolts.

Comment

Working...
                          X