Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    The Chargers never really wanted Chula Vista. That was "political cover" if there ever was any.

And speaking of political cover, Faulconer could walk over to Chargers Park, drop his pants and take a dump on the font lawn and tell Spanos to GTFO. He'd still get re-elected next year.
    That would probalby put him over the top if the vote was close.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

The Chargers never really wanted Chula Vista. That was "political cover" if there ever was any.

And speaking of political cover, Faulconer could walk over to Chargers Park, drop his pants and take a dump on the font lawn and tell Spanos to GTFO. He'd still get re-elected next year.
      Compared to his predecessors I'm sure he looks like a great guy.
      sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
        Good thing rain would wash it away...if left to the city they would defer the maintenance cost until it fell apart by erosion. It would actually be a befitting monument for the dump that is that sad excuse for a professional stadium.
        Ha! Now there's a post deserving of some 'rep'.
        sigpic

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

So if the Chargers get a new stadium in SD, will they get more than 50% of the seats filled with Charger fans at the games? And how does that percentage compare league-wide? Would they get a fan base in LA that would actually show up to the games more? I only ever see the games on TV, but I'm always surprised to see how few Charger fans are actually in the seats. Incentive to move?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Mods, please change title to Other Other Other Stadium Thread. Thx.
            sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
              Ha! Now there's a post deserving of some 'rep'.
              No shit.
              sigpic

Comment

• Wheels
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                So if the Chargers get a new stadium in SD, will they get more than 50% of the seats filled with Charger fans at the games? And how does that percentage compare league-wide? Would they get a fan base in LA that would actually show up to the games more? I only ever see the games on TV, but I'm always surprised to see how few Charger fans are actually in the seats. Incentive to move?
                I have several issues with your claims. I think your premise that the Charger fans are outnumbered by visitor's fans is resoundingly false. The tv cameras pan to the seats behind the visitors bench, where the sun is just brutal, so there is naturally more available seats in that area. Since the visitors are concentrated there, because it's where most available seats are, it's easy to give the illusion that Bolts fans are outnumbered.

Southern California has a much higher transient population, because it's a great place to move to. Do you think places like Pittsburgh draw the same amount of transplants? Often, the people that do relocate here maintain their allegiances to their hometown teams when they move. Then you have military members here making up a decent slice of the population. Some of them do become Bolts fans, but many opt to maintain their allegiance to their hometown teams.

Then there is the fan who takes the opportunity to travel to see their team play, and it's undeniable that SD is a great destination, so circle that mid November game to take the family on a trip out west.

If all of the games you see are on tv, then maybe you're part of the problem.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I'd vote for him if he did that.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

In before 100 pages.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Out before 4th page...
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                        I'd vote for him if he did that.
                        me too, although I'd prefer if he put it in a paper bag and set it on fire first......
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• KNSD
                          Registered Charger Hater
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                          Oh, I don't know. Maybe jump in and see if its actually do-able. The team would still be in SD County and its not like they would change their name to the Chula Vista Chargers.
                          How much did the city of San Francisco contribute to any stadium outside its borders?

Point? A sarcastic dig at the Carson site proposal I presume?
                          Actually no. Fabiani made a bid deal of how much it would cost to clean up the oil spill beneath Qualcomm. Unfortunately for him it has already been cleaned up (by a year or two now).

This I can agree with. But, I can see their POV regarding the issue of leaving themselves open to getting tied up in litigation (which is inevitable, IMO), then losing the window of opportunity they have in LA. They gave SD a fair chance, but have moved on. It would be great if the Spani would come out and clear the air, but we both know they're way to wishy-washy to do it. Does that make them assholes? Maybe to you. To me, it just exposes them as the weak individuals that they are.
                          Again, they are assholes because they are lying through their teeth all the way through this process. Being wishy-washy is completely different than trying to torpedo EVERYTHING the city has tried to do since January.
                          Prediction:
                          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
                          X