• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    It is probably worth noting that Storm Norton's play has started to improve dramatically after the first 7 games. (the stats aren't posted vs NY yet).

Now, it is not like I am saying he is playing that well. He's not. We are talking a relative improvement. Awful to bad to below average is still an improvement.

He was a big liability for the most part early in the season (minus Cleveland and Washington). Since Philly, he has been an almost average type of player, with some flashes of average in there. Since Philly (5 games), he has allowed only 6 pressures, where he was allowed 23 in the first 7 games (remember he played pretty well vs Cleveland in that early stretch too).
    I think Herbert's rollouts have improved our situation there. Whatever it takes to help do a better job I'm all for it!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There...fixed it for 'ya!
      Keep your fix. We had long passes just not to Guyton. We were 4-1 at one point.
      I welcome opening it up as I said I'd like to see but against KC if Pipkins plays, I dobt expect to see many long passes.

Who knows maybe Pip surprises but with 3 backup OLs as we had against Denver, Herbert could be under pressure too often. Hopefully we can run the ball well to help out there.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        Chargers have the #1 ranked offense in 4th quarter.
        There’s a reason for that. I call it turtling in the first three quarters necessitating 4th Q comebacks.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think Herbert's rollouts have improved our situation there. Whatever it takes to help do a better job I'm all for it!
          I think Storm is playing better and they are doing a better job of calling plays to help him out (boots and waggles). They are also running a lot more TE and Hback traps and mixing up the play calling. All of it is helping, to a degree.

IN the end though, it is all due to coaching, to some degree.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

There’s a reason for that. I call it turtling in the first three quarters necessitating 4th Q comebacks.
            I was pretty sure you could find a negative side to that.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

Keenan Allen looked the worst he’s ever looked this season imo. I know his stats may be nice but he had a million drops, was invisible the last 3 weeks of the season, and did not look enthusiastic running the vanilla route trees that Lombardi has in his playbook.

Either fire Lombardi or trade Keenan because he’s not worth $20M+ in Lombardi’s system.
              Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                Keenan Allen looked the worst he’s ever looked this season imo. I know his stats may be nice but he had a million drops, was invisible the last 3 weeks of the season, and did not look enthusiastic running the vanilla route trees that Lombardi has in his playbook.

Either fire Lombardi or trade Keenan because he’s not worth $20M+ in Lombardi’s system.
                I really wonder if KA was sulking and jaking it a bit due to Mike Will having a big year...and Palmer and Guyton getting some looks maybe Slayer thought he should get...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I really wonder if KA was sulking and jaking it a bit due to Mike Will having a big year...and Palmer and Guyton getting some looks maybe Slayer thought he should get...
                  Dude Keenan had 106 receptions. What's to be jealous about? I really believe Keenan wants to win.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                  225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

I'm all for a trade if we can get some excellent talent in return. Could really use it on the defensive side.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dude Keenan had 106 receptions. What's to be jealous about? I really believe Keenan wants to win.
                      Being a Charger takes a toll on a player’s psyche. He’d flourish again somewhere else. But that doesn’t mean we should move him. We need to add key pieces not create more holes

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

This place cracks me up. Allen set a career high with 106 catches this year (7th in the league) for the second most yards in his career with 1138 yards (13th in the league) and the 2rd most TDs in his career with 6. He was doubled teamed a lot the past few weeks and "only" caught 14 passes and a TD. Yes he dropped a million passes, err 8, on the season. He is never going to be a blazing run after the catch receiver but he may be the best route runner in the league.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

:umm:

1st season on the job.
                          Offense is ranked 5th in the league.
                          Passing attack rank 2nd in the league.
                          And you want your 2nd year QB to start over with a new OC in year 3. So Herbert can again get used to new terminology and system. Sure Herbert is bright enough to do it but why?

Focus on the 29tb ranked Defense.
                          Add Chandler Jones at edge opposite Bosa and JC Jackson as CB1 and see what happens to next year's defense.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X