• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't want John Boy anywhere near the effing building. Dean either

They are part of the problem. Since John Boy moved into the front office in 2009 - look at the record

Enough with the Spanii - they are probably not helping Telesco
    The reason why u may be onto something here is an obscure quote from MM years ago, when he was asked why Franklin is still a starter, though he was woefully inept...and MM reportedly said something like "it's out of my hands." So, someone, either TT, Baby Spanos or Deano, ordered him to start Franklin. Don't want to look like a fool after spending megabucks on him...

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Thats fair about Murray and its his first year with Staley. He has the physical talent to be sure. And players do need time to get better

But end of the day - Telesco should be judged on his record. If they do not make the playoffs this year or worse, finish under .500 - I think that should be enough. It won't be - he will get one more chance. But he shouldn't
      Murray showed something at the end of last year.
      Its not like Pipkens sitting on the bench showing not even a pulse for 3 years.

He can't even perform his special teams assignments...it is that bad that a blocking tight end replaces a LT on special teams.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

I don't want John Boy anywhere near the effing building. Dean either

They are part of the problem. Since John Boy moved into the front office in 2009 - look at the record

Enough with the Spanii - they are probably not helping Telesco
        So you wouldn't want Tommy John selecting the next O coordinator.
        My point is that you talk to force Staley to think things out; at the end of the day, its his decision.

Comment

• AZBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There's a LOT of adjustments Lombo could have made:

1. He could have dialed up more Herbie rollouts to buy more time
          2. He could have used Ekkie or TE's more for pass pro, or at least chipping
          3. With those extra seconds, he could have dialed up Guyton or Mike Will down the sideline on that go route...
          4. Do all of the above and you force Fangio's zone D to cover deep and/or play more man to man D...This opens up the ground game and short pass game more...
          Yes, when GB Oline was injured and ineffective GB started to roll out Rogers and was much more effective.......JH is capable of doing similar, even more capable then Roger's physically.....I just don't see Lombardi making proper ADJUSTMENTS......Did you guys see the O and D adjustments that Hoak SDSU made on O and D after that first quarter disaster with Boise state?? That was an example of marvelous in game adjustments that had tremendous results leading to an awesome win.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
            Chargers Hall of Fame
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

Yes, when GB Oline was injured and ineffective GB started to roll out Rogers and was much more effective.......JH is capable of doing similar, even more capable then Roger's physically.....I just don't see Lombardi making proper ADJUSTMENTS......Did you guys see the O and D adjustments that Hoak SDSU made on O and D after that first quarter disaster with Boise state?? That was an example of marvelous in game adjustments that had tremendous results leading to an awesome win.
            I agree with this. Adjustments. Where are the adjustments, the compensations for your own team's weaknesses as well as the opposing team's weaknesses?

Heck, even with Staley. everyone says, "Just wait until a couple years when he can get his own guys for his scheme." Huh? I mean, sure. But shouldn't a good coach see who he has now and design a defense with their strengths and weaknesses in mind? Why is it always "We play two deep so they don't take the top off" followed by week after week of the opposing team running like crazy and completing passes underneath.

Adjustments, during the week and during the game. That's all I ask.

Comment

• CTrout
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Fangio, Belichick, Zimmer and Martindale....the defensive minds that completely derailed this offense this season.
              Is Lombardi getting schooled? Is Herbert just experiencing growing pains against the leagues best? Likey a combanation of both?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

So you wouldn't want Tommy John selecting the next O coordinator.
                My point is that you talk to force Staley to think things out; at the end of the day, its his decision.
                well thats fair because Stewart should have been fired after year 2
                and he got 4 years

so if LOmbo is the wrong fit - thats fair

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

FWIW, Popper is dismissing the idea of Telesco being replaced.
                  like many of us assume.
                  I don't think it's realistic to hope for his dismissal
                  Best to hope for Telesco to get help from an actual football mind or get lucky.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Man if these front office idiots keep TT around and squander this offseason with all this cap space and picks and we dont make a serious push for a title while Herbs still on the rook contract this team will Never get a trophy under the SpAnus ilk.This is gonna be our bestest, goodest chance at being consider an actual NFL team and be Winners Finally.If we are left sittin on the couch come PO time next season I gotta do some serious soul searchin about this team and my dedication.Literally just lookin at lil Johnny Nepotism's smug face makes me wanna jump ship half the time.Puke.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      FWIW, Popper is dismissing the idea of Telesco being replaced.
                      like many of us assume.
                      I don't think it's realistic to hope for his dismissal
                      Best to hope for Telesco to get help from an actual football mind or get lucky.
                      No its not realistic. He plays well with John Boy and lets John Boy play GM

Just have to hope Telesco gets lucky

Comment

• UglyTruth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Send PM

Is there nothing about Telesco in those emails the NFL has? Seriously? The guy seems like a class a douchebag I’m sure he’s said something offensive that can get him fired or forced to resign.
                        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Another thing popper dismissed was the notion that Herbert threw too hard as an explanation for the drops.
                          he said Staley laughed him off
                          Hope that is enough for the narrative to die

2 hands means it's a YOU problem
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X