• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We don't know that he didn't try but to be fair you want us to sign everyone that gets cut. Make a trade I'll agree. Could of got a cheap DL and damn we need better CB depth.

Lindsay I wasn't interested in or OBJ.
    I want them to upgrade the roster as the roster is quite frankly, bottom 10 in the league. Zero depth on the OL (people said I mentioned Dennis Kelley and more OL depth too much this spring well you can;t make chicken salad out of chicken s**t - I saw it than) ; the DLine is a bunch of minimum level guys (as many UDFAs as draft picks and one of the draft picks is a BUST); there is no pass rush besides Bosa as Fackrell is what he is and Nwosu is inconsistent ; the running backs after Ekeler are not good

The DB room - beset by injuries - but again, who fixes the depth

Its terrible -- so yes, I want them to try to do something because I see whats there and its not good enough. There are people on this board who, with their scouting reports, watching film, who if they had as much experience as Telesco would do a better job than he does.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

We want to sign everyone because a large portion of TTs draft picks are crap.Draft better.TT needs replaced or we will continue to be a middling to losing team.I personally aint gonna keep watching this embarrassing weak ass shitshow week after week if SpAnus aint got the balls or brains to do what needs to be done to turn this team around.Its gonna be Groundhog Day until TT and these lame ass scouts are replaced.Plain n simple.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        We want to sign everyone because a large portion of TTs draft picks are crap.Draft better.TT needs replaced or we will continue to be a middling to losing team.I personally aint gonna keep watching this embarrassing weak ass shitshow week after week if SpAnus aint got the balls or brains to do what needs to be done to turn this team around.Its gonna be Groundhog Day until TT and these lame ass scouts are replaced.Plain n simple.
        Its still overreaction Monday and the team is 6-5 with winnable games with NYG and Houston plus Denver and Raiders - you never know - so they have a chance at the playoffs if they beat the right teams. But just a bad loss yesterday against Denver. Telesco not having good enough depth on the OL - knowing the injury history of Bulaga PLUS having a rookie LT so you never know how he will do - he wasn't prepared for injuries.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The thing with Telesco - he was gifted Rivers
          and now he lucked into Herbert

Its time to start looking at who is building the roster. McKitty and Palmer - fine if they were drafted for the future

But Nabers is inactive every week and he is basically the 5th TE. Stick is inactive when he can be on the PS

That is two players of depth - preferably at OL and DL

Look at the Broncos - Rams needed to cut salary, they took the LB; the Broncos traded for the Vikings DE Weather; The chiefs traded for Ingram. The Saints traded for Ingram. Did Telesco even call anybody like the Texans at the deadline and say "what would it take to get Lindsay" - did he even bleeping tru

He is the problem!!

Lombardi doesn't drop passes or whiff on blocks like Kelemeti
          Good points, especially on Nabers and Stick. Nabers...wow, the forgotten man...why even have a dude like him on the roster if they don't even use him? I'd MUCH rather have an extra DL, OL or corner instead of Nabers...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good points, especially on Nabers and Stick. Nabers...wow, the forgotten man...why even have a dude like him on the roster if they don't even use him? I'd MUCH rather have an extra DL, OL or corner instead of Nabers...
            And lets just mention it - Easton Stick was a 5th round draft pick. 5th friggin round
            I think Telesco envsioned him as a Taysom Hill dual threat and he hasn't done jack squat
            So what a waste of a pick. I didn't like it than 6'1, 220- jeez - barely bigger then Bercovicci

With as weak as they are on the OL and DL - they can have two more players

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Remember that Staley had the #1 defense last year and this year its dead last against the run.

The problem is clearly a lack of talent. Besides Bosa and Joseph, the rest suck and should not be starters in this league. Tillery is a bust.

Offensive line had more promise at the start of the season. Aboushi, Feiler, and Bulaga are all quality starters. The trouble is their replacements are terrible.

it’s tiresome seeing both sides of the line manhandled every week. Same as it’s been for the last decade since little Johnny’s been head of scouting and personnel.

About mid season every year we all see this again like Groundhog Day and conclude we need another offseason draft and free agency to upgrade. The trouble I see is there are just too many weak links.

Lastly, both coordinators seem to be rigid and poor in game managers. They run the same plays even when a backup comes in with obvious faults. How many times did we see Ekeler called to run up the middle, only to hit a brick wall as the two backup guards got blown up.

I can’t tell if the coaches are any good. The success they’ve had in the past was with better talent on other teams. But I’m particularly worried about Lombardi as Herbert seems to be regressing.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Herbert seemed to be dropping back 8-10 yards in the pocket FAR too often.
                Everyone knows the kid is the league's best when he's out of the pocket.
                Gotta keep him moving. Lombardi doesn't seem to understand that.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The thing with Telesco - he was gifted Rivers
                  and now he lucked into Herbert

Its time to start looking at who is building the roster. McKitty and Palmer - fine if they were drafted for the future

But Nabers is inactive every week and he is basically the 5th TE. Stick is inactive when he can be on the PS

That is two players of depth - preferably at OL and DL

Look at the Broncos - Rams needed to cut salary, they took the LB; the Broncos traded for the Vikings DE Weather; The chiefs traded for Ingram. The Saints traded for Ingram. Did Telesco even call anybody like the Texans at the deadline and say "what would it take to get Lindsay" - did he even bleeping tru

He is the problem!!

Lombardi doesn't drop passes or whiff on blocks like Kelemeti
                  One suspects it was Lombo who recommended bringing in Kelemeti: they spent 3-4 years together in New Orleans.
                  He also supposedly knows the system: but why is he so slow to respond?
                  Schofield & Kelemeti - they are known quantities to the staff, and they will be super polite to John-John if they meet up.

And that is the problem: TT brings in players whose emotional world has been so thoroughly vetted, that
                  they rule out a good portion of the available players in free agency, the draft or even Topcat's old dumpster.

I suppose the plus side is that you get no situations like what happened to the Raiders....but the talent pool definitely shrinks quite a bit.
                  Rookies fail here due to a lack of talent (or injuries), not effort or problematic behavior.

Comment

• RobH
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Tokyo, Japan
                    • University English Lecturer
                    • Send PM

One thing that is driving me nuts is the absolutely atrocious tackling. Our guys tackle like Molly Putz. That’s one of the main reasons why our run D is so poor. They need to put together a video of Junior Seau and his amazing tackling form and play it in their sleep. And practice form tackling on dummies since real tackling is rarely allowed in practice.

I swear, I’ve never seen so many attempts made without wrapping up. It makes me want to puke.

I realize that RBs are paid to break tackles, but our tackling form is foogin’ ridiculous.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                      Herbert seemed to be dropping back 8-10 yards in the pocket FAR too often.
                      Everyone knows the kid is the league's best when he's out of the pocket.
                      Gotta keep him moving. Lombardi doesn't seem to understand that.
                      Strongly agree with this.
                      the kid's comfort zone is outside in space here he can use his mobility to buy time to make decisions
                      and he's quickly learning just how fast NFL defenders can close in on him
                      I've said since last year but feel stronger now than ever, an RPO based offense would fit his current skill set best.

Now if the idea is to build him into a classic drop back guy, I have faith the kid can turn into one of the greats, but I really wish we would unleash JH for lack of better words.
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Strongly agree with this.
                        the kid's comfort zone is outside in space here he can use his mobility to buy time to make decisions
                        and he's quickly learning just how fast NFL defenders can close in on him
                        I've said since last year but feel stronger now than ever, an RPO based offense would fit his current skill set best.

Now if the idea is to build him into a classic drop back guy, I have faith the kid can turn into one of the greats, but I really wish we would unleash JH for lack of better words.
                        I have thought the idea of an RPO with Herbert would be a good way to go . He is so good out of the pocket throwing plus he is a big strong guy like how Buffalo uses Allen

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                          Remember that Staley had the #1 defense last year and this year its dead last against the run.

The problem is clearly a lack of talent. Besides Bosa and Joseph, the rest suck and should not be starters in this league. Tillery is a bust.

Offensive line had more promise at the start of the season. Aboushi, Feiler, and Bulaga are all quality starters. The trouble is their replacements are terrible.

it’s tiresome seeing both sides of the line manhandled every week. Same as it’s been for the last decade since little Johnny’s been head of scouting and personnel.

About mid season every year we all see this again like Groundhog Day and conclude we need another offseason draft and free agency to upgrade. The trouble I see is there are just too many weak links.

Lastly, both coordinators seem to be rigid and poor in game managers. They run the same plays even when a backup comes in with obvious faults. How many times did we see Ekeler called to run up the middle, only to hit a brick wall as the two backup guards got blown up.

I can’t tell if the coaches are any good. The success they’ve had in the past was with better talent on other teams. But I’m particularly worried about Lombardi as Herbert seems to be regressing.
                          Joseph (you probably meant James), Jones, Davis, samuel, white, tranquil, adderley, Nwosu, Fackrell....all these guys would start or see heavy minutes on other teams next year, if released.

I haven't given up on K Murray yet - remember how everyone gave up on White?

It is razor thin at corner, safety & tackle.

Comment

Working...
                          X