Tom Telesco Discussion - Retained for 2023 Season.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    Been itching to fire TT for a while now. But the problem is John. John is picking these guys. So football IQ is likely not totally needed. Think John may need to feel like he has some control over these guys. Sean Payton likely tells John to get the fuck out of the draft room. The only way John hires Payton is if the light is shined bright on John Spanos and his managing of the team. TT is a tight buddy with John. You think hes still our GM based on record? Nope. Fans start ripping John enough he just might try and do the right thing and bring in a guy like Payton. And to me...Payton isnt just about coaching and making sure our best player has a winning career...its all the other stuff that comes with him. I think you can hire Payton and he can pick and choose the right GM and everyone underneath that GM. Payton in a way is likely that HC/GM type anyways. I think Payton puts John in a closet. Thats why i want Payton. The proper coaching and player development is a plus for sure though. Not to mention the game prep and in game adjustments. Id even be fine with his former DC running our D. If he gets fired in NO.

I hold back on this stuff because it comes back to bite me more often than not. Even on twitter over the course of this season i have been way down on this team. From the start of the offseason the hype was massively tempered by myself. Even at 5-3 i knew something was broken. Fans on twitter really got after me. lol Now they are all on board with it but still feel sort of cancelled. I dont care its just twitter...but its why i post so much more there than here. The last thing i want is for my TPB community to turn against me for being so down. So i try and stay centered. But im a fan like everyone else. I long time one. "Chargers are still Chargering" You been a fan long enough you can see that most everything being done around this team is fairly superficial. There are times when i wonder if the team is trying harder to build the brand via social media and productions than trying to win or create an environment of winning. I am personally so tired of the players doing skits and social media side work. Players just seem other focused. And Staley himself loves the camera. He loves to hear himself talk. So im also really down on charger social media because i feel it may take players away. It might suggest its ok to take time off and chill. Have fun etc. There seems to be a whole lot of hype around this team. Always. And so much of that is because the Chargers Twitter team is on fire. They do their job better than every other team. But is it too much?

Staley was the great diagnostician. The MD who could see this teams systemic illness/disease and correct it. The sickness remains. Not just the games. Camp. Prep. Practice. In game adjustments. The finer details of playing...all of it sick. STILL!!!!!! Even with so many studs brought in. I dont even feel these players fight for Staley. Chargers still chargering. Do you think Payton watches all the film and can see why this team collapses so easily? I do. So again...its not just about calling the right plays for Justin in game...but his vision that makes him so good. His diagnostic skills.

Hey John....just step aside and let Payton run the show. Just do what he says and you just might look like the football executive you want so desperately to be.

Spanos.png

The twerp with his knees up on Stan Kroenke's furniture is the issue with the Chargers football organization. Perhaps the owner's kid shouldn't have
    input on the roster anymore.

FhjVCskVIAA-96P.jpeg

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I agree :cheers:
      My deal with John SPanos

Sean Payton is in charge. But in the videos of war rooms and drafts - you cna make the phone call, you can be the big shot, you can hold the trophy first
      Just as long as we all know, Sean Payton is in charge

got it - good

And yes, Tom Telesco should be fired.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Year One I was ready to fire TT. I absolutely hated the DJ Fluker and Manti Te'o picks. Snagging KA in the 3rd round, tho.... almost made me need to forgive him.
        Year Two wasn't a whole lot better... Glass Verrett and Jerry A-Who?Chu...
        Year Three... and I'm convinced that any one of us is better than TT.

But then Year Four rolls around... and I'll be damned if TT doesn't pick EXACTLY the 2 players I would have taken: Bosa and Hunter Henry.
        Year Five... I think Williams is a bit of a reach. But I really liked Lamp, Feeney, and Rayshawn...
        Year Six lands Derwin. Dumb luck? I'm not sure. But at least he's not drafting Fluker or Varrett... or trading picks to move up and get a RB... I'm actually starting to warm up to TT.
        Year Seven... Now, why'd you have to do dumb thing like that? After Tillery, TT's back on my Shit-List.

Year 8,9,and 10.
        Herbert alone earns him another 5 years @GM. But then you follow that up with Slater, ASJ, Zion, and Salyer...? If your 2nd rounder is Mack...
        Plus he went and got exactly who I'd hope he get in the off-season for the last 2 years... Linsley, Feiler, SJD, and Austin Johnson.
        Well, this Trencher is pretty happy right now.

I'm not sure why you'd get rid of a guy who is improving year-to-year...
        If not for the injuries, we'd be 10-0 right now.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
          Year One I was ready to fire TT. I absolutely hated the DJ Fluker and Manti Te'o picks. Snagging KA in the 3rd round, tho.... almost made me need to forgive him.
          Year Two wasn't a whole lot better... Glass Verrett and Jerry A-Who?Chu...
          Year Three... and I'm convinced that any one of us is better than TT.

But then Year Four rolls around... and I'll be damned if TT doesn't pick EXACTLY the 2 players I would have taken: Bosa and Hunter Henry.
          Year Five... I think Williams is a bit of a reach. But I really liked Lamp, Feeney, and Rayshawn...
          Year Six lands Derwin. Dumb luck? I'm not sure. But at least he's not drafting Fluker or Varrett... or trading picks to move up and get a RB... I'm actually starting to warm up to TT.
          Year Seven... Now, why'd you have to do dumb thing like that? After Tillery, TT's back on my Shit-List.

Year 8,9,and 10.
          Herbert alone earns him another 5 years @GM. But then you follow that up with Slater, ASJ, Zion, and Salyer...? If your 2nd rounder is Mack...
          Plus he went and got exactly who I'd hope he get in the off-season for the last 2 years... Linsley, Feiler, SJD, and Austin Johnson.
          Well, this Trencher is pretty happy right now.

I'm not sure why you'd get rid of a guy who is improving year-to-year...
          If not for the injuries, we'd be 10-0 right now.
          I don’t think Telesco deserves a high five for Herbert. Chargers priority was a QB and it was obvious to all the mock draft pickers we would pick whoever was available between Tua and Herbert after Miami picked.

Most first round picks are pretty obvious. GM’s earn their reputations on building the roster with later rounds instead of using injury excuses as to why their team is losing.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I don’t think Telesco deserves a high five for Herbert. Chargers priority was a QB and it was obvious to all the mock draft pickers we would pick whoever was available between Tua and Herbert after Miami picked.

Most first round picks are pretty obvious. GM’s earn their reputations on building the roster with later rounds instead of using injury excuses as to why their team is losing.
            You mean guys like ASJ, Palmer, Kelly, Adderly, Pipkins, Tranquill, Nwosu, White, Jenkins, King, Henry, Perryman, and Allen...? Oh, and don't forget UDFA Ekeler.
            Up and down the lineup... the only positions you can say TT has done poorly @ is DT and OC.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

And of course TT deserves a High-5 for Herbert. There were a lot of questions about his transition to the NFL. Most people here wanted Isaiah Simmons.
              Herbert has been better than everyone expected.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

And of course TT deserves a High-5 for Herbert. There were a lot of questions about his transition to the NFL. Most people here wanted Isaiah Simmons.
                Herbert has been better than everyone expected.
                Give him a nice parting gift in appreciation.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Give him a nice parting gift in appreciation.
                  As a real parting gift, maybe Tom should trade JH for Simmons...
                  A nice little "Fuck You Very Much" going away present to TPB crowd...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

As a real parting gift, maybe Tom should trade JH for Simmons...
                    A nice little "Fuck You Very Much" going away present to TPB crowd...
                    I was thinking more in line with trading Kenneth Murray for either Jonathon Taylor or Jonah Jackson.

Yes, trading the only one of his two inspired draft picks in his 10 drafts (the other being Keenan Allen)
                    would certainly be a Telesco fuck you, i'll leave you with absolutely nothing after all this time moment.
                    isser:

One final piece of incoming trash for us to remember him.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Spanos.png

The twerp with his knees up on Stan Kroenke's furniture is the issue with the Chargers football organization. Perhaps the owner's kid shouldn't have
                      input on the roster anymore.

FhjVCskVIAA-96P.jpeg
                      So, maybe it's NOT the SoFi artificial turf causing a lot of those injuries...the Rams are near the bottom of the pack...maybe it's all those powder-puff practices the Bolts have in the preseason...

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

He should have been fired when Anthony Lynn was. I guess the thought was, "Third time's the charm," when he hired Brandon Staley?

How did Telesco get three opportunities to hire a head coach and A.J. Smith one (Smith didn't hire Marty Schottenheimer)? Again, I'm not saying A.J. shouldn't have been fired, but he had a much better record than Telesco has as the general manager.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                          He should have been fired when Anthony Lynn was. I guess the thought was, "Third time's the charm," when he hired Brandon Staley?

How did Telesco get three opportunities to hire a head coach and A.J. Smith one (Smith didn't hire Marty Schottenheimer)? Again, I'm not saying A.J. shouldn't have been fired, but he had a much better record than Telesco has as the general manager.
                          AJ was an asshole. That’s ok if you’re winning but when the winning goes so does the asshole. TT plays nice in the sandbox.

AJ was here for 10 years. That’s about as much as TT.

Comment

Working...
                          X