• Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Paradise today, cap hell tomorrow.
    Better than meh today, meh tomorrow.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Stretch the cap rules and win. That is what most champs do. Both teams in this SB are doing it this year. Fix it next year, renegotiate contracts, cut underperforming high dollar bums, etc. I’d swear i’ve read some teams in “cap hell” continuously for a decade - thats not such a bad hell if you can run it out 10 years … Seems I’ve read the Rams were in cap hell for the last 4 years. Yet here they are again.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        Stretch the cap rules and win. That is what most champs do. Both teams in this SB are doing it this year. Fix it next year, renegotiate contracts, cut underperforming high dollar bums, etc. I’d swear i’ve read some teams in “cap hell” continuously for a decade - thats not such a bad hell if you can run it out 10 years … Seems I’ve read the Rams were in cap hell for the last 4 years. Yet here they are again.
        Yep, that seems to be the case

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But if you get to the Super Bowl two times in what 5 games - isn't it worth it to be in cap hell. The goal is to win the Super Bowl - not win the OverTheCap.com balancing the cap award. The Rams have had the second most draft picks over the last 5 years . They have used player development on their roster well.

And the Chargers will not be in cap hell. They have a lot of room this year and have a decent amount of room in 2023 even if you count players being signed and two draft classes to sign between 2022 and 2023
          And those picks have netted them not very much considering how many they had. There are only a small handful that have been good for them and some of those aren't on the team any longer.

They used their top pick last year on Tutu Atwell who has done next to nothing this season and only played in 8 games.

The Rams have mostly been relying on trades and FAs as they havent had a first round pick since 2016.

I know the Rams have been in a couple SBs lately but their GM still has a losing record in his 10 seasons.

Maybe it's time for Telesco to have a little bit of a different approach.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And those picks have netted them not very much considering how many they had. There are only a small handful that have been good for them and some of those aren't on the team any longer.

They used their top pick last year on Tutu Atwell who has done next to nothing this season and only played in 8 games.

The Rams have mostly been relying on trades and FAs as they havent had a first round pick since 2016.

I know the Rams have been in a couple SBs lately but their GM still has a losing record in his 10 seasons.

Maybe it's time for Telesco to have a little bit of a different approach.
            But this makes two Super Bowls in five years - thats all that matters. And true over 10 years, losing record. But also might have changed the approach. So we agree - might be time to change the approach slightly.

Granted, last offseason with Staley seems to be pretty stout. He has another one this year but focuses on IDL, RT and CB - that would be nice

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Better than meh today, meh tomorrow.
              Then don't attempt to apply for work at Charger Park.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                That's just a lot of crazy talk. Just signing Lindley was probably too rich for the Chargers....they can barely resign their guys this year as is.

Here he is by the way: Ed Mcguire. I somewhat envisioned a different guy.
                He's been the Executive VP of player finance since 2013, responsibly dispensing his expertise.
                Doesn't seem to be a guy who tells the Spanos, no - we can stretch the cap here.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

But this makes two Super Bowls in five years - thats all that matters. And true over 10 years, losing record. But also might have changed the approach. So we agree - might be time to change the approach slightly.

Granted, last offseason with Staley seems to be pretty stout. He has another one this year but focuses on IDL, RT and CB - that would be nice
                  But what will that mean 75 years from now when they are still attempting to dig out from their cap hell. Urgently disagree with you there.
                  :smh:

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

LAC did an excellent job with FA hires and draft last year. We should back that up with a solid 2022 FA & draft.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

This is key, right here. We need these FA pickups before we head into the draft. We have the cap to do it and retain some of our own. Then let the draft come to us, BPA.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

This is key, right here. We need these FA pickups before we head into the draft. We have the cap to do it and retain some of our own. Then let the draft come to us, BPA.
                        Absolutely! I'd target some IDL's... as the price tag is much cheaper... and allows you to re-sign most of your own FA's as well.
                        Do to the IDL, this year, what you did to the IOL, last year.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Let's trade whatever it takes to the Ravens to get Mark Andrews.

Comment

Working...
                          X