Sweet. I love variety.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I expect LAC to get locked in on their offensive line keepers early. Additional, the starting lineup and positions should be settled quickly.

There is not a lot of real work time to develop continuity. It's the CBA.

And this is a key component to the idea of leaving Slater--Feiler--Linsley as is, and asking Zion to get situated at ORG.
      That's what I expect. Get the mix & match done early.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Pins or tiny bottles of Jack.
        I know that's bad, I'm sorry, you're bad too if you laugh.
        I laughed because I get it but kudos for that guy to get himself clean. Don't care who he plays for.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

That's what I expect. Get the mix & match done early.
          I don’t want them to lock in so early they don’t lock the best combo. Its a 17 game season, and i think assuming the lock out of TC where their ability to even run, much less hit, much less play true football, is so restricted by CBA now might not actually select the best combo for the long season and then playoff run.

I’d buy into the Slater-Feiler-Lindsey model more if I actually thought Feiler played at elite level last year at OG. If others step up to seal the right side, he’s not horrible. But I don’t think he was elite at OG at all, he was ordinary average. his PFFFFT metrics seem to support my lying eyes. - wasnt his rating decidedly meh low 70s?
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I expect LAC to get locked in on their offensive line keepers early. Additional, the starting lineup and positions should be settled quickly.

There is not a lot of real work time to develop continuity. It's the CBA.

And this is a key component to the idea of leaving Slater--Feiler--Linsley as is, and asking Zion to get situated at ORG.
            They drafted Zion over all the tackles left on the board for a reason. Need to win one on ones inside then help as needed on right outside. Pipkins seems to me a back-up left tackle fit rather than plug and play Right Tackle. Storm is more your typical, big body, less athletic right side thumper. Coaching failed him not giving him more support. Zion alone can help on his left shoulder some but we need a TE dedicated to sealing off the edge minimum. McKitty maybe the key?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

They drafted Zion over all the tackles left on the board for a reason. Need to win one on ones inside then help as needed on right outside. Pipkins seems to me a back-up left tackle fit rather than plug and play Right Tackle. Storm is more your typical, big body, less athletic right side thumper. Coaching failed him not giving him more support. Zion alone can help on his left shoulder some but we need a TE dedicated to sealing off the edge minimum. McKitty maybe the key?
              One weak link is easier to compensate for. We have no idea why they did not help Norton in the finale. McKitty chipping sounds like a no brainer.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t want them to lock in so early they don’t lock the best combo. Its a 17 game season, and i think assuming the lock out of TC where their ability to even run, much less hit, much less play true football, is so restricted by CBA now might not actually select the best combo for the long season and then playoff run.

I’d buy into the Slater-Feiler-Lindsey model more if I actually thought Feiler played at elite level last year at OG. If others step up to seal the right side, he’s not horrible. But I don’t think he was elite at OG at all, he was ordinary average. his PFFFFT metrics seem to support my lying eyes. - wasnt his rating decidedly meh low 70s?
                I agree with you on this.

Feiler definitely shined more than the other guard, but his game is not consistently good. Just watch the last Raider game for evidence—Darious Philon destroying him two times in two plays (3rd and 4th down) to stack Ekeler in the backfield. Philon was on fire that game and a big part of that was Feiler not winning his assignment.

At this point I put him in the average starter category. So if he can be an average RT (which I also have questions about), then put him there and start the rookies (Zion and Salyer) at guards.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Feiler was a rock the first half of the season, and then his play declined down the stretch.

Maybe he was playing more hurt than others; if not, a move to RT would do him good.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I agree with you on this.

Feiler definitely shined more than the other guard, but his game is not consistently good. Just watch the last Raider game for evidence—Darious Philon destroying him two times in two plays (3rd and 4th down) to stack Ekeler in the backfield. Philon was on fire that game and a big part of that was Feiler not winning his assignment.

At this point I put him in the average starter category. So if he can be an average RT (which I also have questions about), then put him there and start the rookies (Zion and Salyer) at guards.
                    Even after Philon left that game (Herbert knocked him out), the replacement gave Feiler trouble.

Maybe Feiler was hurt.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Even after Philon left that game (Herbert knocked him out), the replacement gave Feiler trouble.

Maybe Feiler was hurt.
                      For his sake I hope that wasn’t 100%. It was the most important game of the season and he looked horrible. As did other members of the OL. And defense.

It was a horrible game for a lot of “role players”
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

We were hummin'...then Aboushi was injured.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Better an elite OG than a leftover reach of an OT...in 2013, the Bolts could have had Kyle Long instead of Fluke...

Comment

Working...
                          X