• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree with keeping a strength a strength. I forget the book - it was one of those things like 75 pages, self help, whatever. But the premise was if you have a strength - make it better instead of trying to make a weakness better. Now that doesn't mean, not work on RT - but if you have a solid combo of Slater- Feiler and Linsley - don't mess with it. Plus Zion in at RG and see what Pip, Norton or maybe a FA have to offer.
    Let’s just look at what’s more valued, LG >RT or is it RT>LG?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Let’s just look at what’s more valued, LG >RT or is it RT>LG?
      Well per Staley, it actually might be the interior to stop the push up the middle. And I think thats a valid question - but I don't want to weaken a position. So can the Chargers scheme around RT if the other four are solid. But if you move Feiler, do you weaken both LG and RT.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I subscribe to the KISS principle, Zion RG, Norton/ Pips RT is my best guess but I can see your logic. C'mon TC!
        Feiler struggled to finish last season with probably a high ankle sprain, no diagnosis or grade level given but it affected his play greatly when he returned. Next time it happens there is no chance they trot out Kelemente so insert Salyer. Doubt Feiler would get his starting role back either. Would rather see Chargers repeat last season by starting Feiler next to rookie Zion. Now if Feiler goes down insert Trey or Storm.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Well per Staley, it actually might be the interior to stop the push up the middle. And I think thats a valid question - but I don't want to weaken a position. So can the Chargers scheme around RT if the other four are solid. But if you move Feiler, do you weaken both LG and RT.
          Zion is unquestionably upgrade @ RT. Question is Salyer upgrade over Feiler? Think it happens sooner than people think.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Yes, they obviously can scheme around RT:
            keep in a tight end or let a back chip and limit his route tree, run away from that position.
            You would be limiting your ability to attack the defense.

The question is would you want to?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Yes, they obviously can scheme around RT:
              keep in a tight end or let a back chip and limit his route tree, run away from that position.
              You would be limiting your ability to attack the defense.

The question is would you want to?
              I would like too see Telesco sign a better option at RT depth than Storm Norton - I know that much

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

I would like too see Telesco sign a better option at RT depth than Storm Norton - I know that much
                Is there a better option available at this point?

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Isaiah Spiller tabbed as the rookie most likely to surprise for the Chargers.

I hope so. I'm tired of failing to find an adequate compliment to Ekeler at RB.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Is there a better option available at this point?
                    Fair question - and maybe I will start looking at RT this way
                    - if Staley/Telesco knew enough to bring in Mack, JC Jackson, SJD, Austin Johnson, Van Noy, Fox and Callahan - plus drafting Zion Johnson - they sure as shoot should know about RT and they have a plan for it

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

When looking at the draft you also have to look at "how many years will this player start on his rookie contract?" The draft is used to offset cap space. Drafting projects early doesn't work well.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Fair question - and maybe I will start looking at RT this way
                        - if Staley/Telesco knew enough to bring in Mack, JC Jackson, SJD, Austin Johnson, Van Noy, Fox and Callahan - plus drafting Zion Johnson - they sure as shoot should know about RT and they have a plan for it
                        POTD

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                          Day One...
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Brentwood, 94513
                          • Send PM

The offensive line to me is line a basketball team. They practice to be a unit. Combinations will be found and the best five will be out there. Within this concept of unit, best 5 is essentially top 7 to 8 running things. All I ever wanted was to add quality beef to that group.

Comment

Working...
                          X