• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
    Tillery can play the end position in a pinch.

Hate him as you like, but he can move around (& sure, be moved around) when the injury bug hits.

And like all Charger crappy players, he's indestructible....never missing minutes.
    Tillery and kelley are in a similar category, their issues are not physical, they might be smart kids academically(Notre Dame and UCLA) but their football IQ is questionable, bad vision, bad technique, bad assignment discipline, and bad instincts, they just don’t seem to get it, both are physically gifted but their lack of football IQ leads to inconsistent crappy play…they should’ve nicknamed tillery the ‘matador’ the way he plays against the run…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Tillery and kelley are in a similar category, their issues are not physical, they might be smart kids academically(Notre Dame and UCLA) but their football IQ is questionable, bad vision, bad technique, bad assignment discipline, and bad instincts, they just don’t seem to get it, both are physically gifted but their lack of football IQ leads to inconsistent crappy play…they should’ve nicknamed tillery the ‘matador’ the way he plays against the run…
      LOL...Jerry "The Matador" Tillery...not bad, for allowing the ballcarrier through so easily...In pass pro,Tillery vs. an O-lineman could be called "BUM STEER"--he should be BULLrushing, but instead, appears to be a COWard...
      Last edited by Topcat; 08-24-2022, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

I really hope no one takes this as a derogatory or insulting statement towards any group of people.
        but based off my personal and limited professional interactions with people from the intellectual disability community, I'm convinced JT is afflicted.
        I think he's flying just under the radar, something like 3 standard deviations away.
        his speech, mannerisms and disproportionate body parts and facial structure also are evidence of an intellectual disability imo.
        and in my experience, many people of this population are typically very good at activities that come natural to them, but also find unnatural talents/movements, harder to learn than the general population. This to me makes sense as to why JT has never been able to put it all together.
        sincerely.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
          Tillery can play the end position in a pinch.

Hate him as you like, but he can move around (& sure, be moved around) when the injury bug hits.

And like all Charger crappy players, he's indestructible....never missing minutes.
          Thank you, You made me chuckle.

I think Gaziano played end a bit last year, too? Maybe I am wrong.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

I’d keep fehoko or gaziano over tillery, but someone posted some monetary reason for keeping him, seems like the chargers do that a lot, keeping players that have proven not to be worthy for money reasons…
            Based on reports and PS play I feel like Fehoko and Gaziano are our 4th and 5th best IDL (not necessarily how they will align on the roster). Otito for the 6th developmental IDL spot, cut Tillery and Covington. Heck we can probably stash Tillery on PS after he makes it through waivers if they want to keep him around.

Comment

• nomad1946
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2017
              • West Yellowstone, Montana
              • Retired
              • Send PM

I don't know why you would want him on the PS. He has had three years to prove himself and he has failed so far.
              As far as I am concerned there is no monetary reason to not release him or trade him if possible. Keeping someone who is
              not good enough to win the job is not what you want. You keep the best 53 players.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
                I don't know why you would want him on the PS. He has had three years to prove himself and he has failed so far.
                As far as I am concerned there is no monetary reason to not release him or trade him if possible. Keeping someone who is
                not good enough to win the job is not what you want. You keep the best 53 players.
                Yeah, why keep him the PS? He’s gonna improve there, when he’s barely budged the needle as a starter?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yeah, why keep him the PS? He’s gonna improve there, when he’s barely budged the needle as a starter?
                  Cutting tillery would add like 3mil in dead cap, he has 1.6 guaranteed for this season so they have to pay him that regardless if he’s on the roster or not…me I would cut him and use the 1.1mil in cap savings to keep fehoko…besides, adding 3mil to the dead cap is not a huge deal, we have the smallest dead cap space in the entire NFL at 4mil and most of that came from bulaga…having 7mil in dead cap wouldn’t be a huge deal…the raiders are carrying 37mil in dead cap this season…when the raiders take the field against the chargers, their 53 players combined will be making almost 40mil less than the 53 charger players combined, they are very much in a transitional year, next offseason they’ll have a lot of cap space available…just the dead cap hit the raiders took from cutting kenyan drake is twice what the total dead cap the chargers have, LOL…in addition if tillery gets claimed that 3mil cap hit is reduced to 1.2mil…so trading him or cutting him if he gets claimed is the same for the dead cap…but a trade would free up another 2.5 in cap space for this year…I can’t imagine anyone trading for him tho…cut and claim is the way to go, you know someone would pick him up and the money saved would be enough to pay both gaziano and fehoko with like 600k to spare…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

LOL...Jerry "The Matador" Tillery...not bad, for allowing the ballcarrier through so easily...In pass pro,Tillery vs. an O-lineman could be called "BUM STEER"--he should be BULLrushing, but instead, appears to be a COWard...
                    OHHHHH the puns.....OOOOHHHHH the humanity.........

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Cutting tillery would add like 3mil in dead cap, he has 1.6 guaranteed for this season so they have to pay him that regardless if he’s on the roster or not…me I would cut him and use the 1.1mil in cap savings to keep fehoko…besides, adding 3mil to the dead cap is not a huge deal, we have the smallest dead cap space in the entire NFL at 4mil and most of that came from bulaga…having 7mil in dead cap wouldn’t be a huge deal…the raiders are carrying 37mil in dead cap this season…when the raiders take the field against the chargers, their 53 players combined will be making almost 40mil less than the 53 charger players combined, they are very much in a transitional year, next offseason they’ll have a lot of cap space available…just the dead cap hit the raiders took from cutting kenyan drake is twice what the total dead cap the chargers have, LOL…in addition if tillery gets claimed that 3mil cap hit is reduced to 1.2mil…so trading him or cutting him if he gets claimed is the same for the dead cap…but a trade would free up another 2.5 in cap space for this year…I can’t imagine anyone trading for him tho…cut and claim is the way to go, you know someone would pick him up and the money saved would be enough to pay both gaziano and fehoko with like 600k to spare…
                      Fuck the money. Just win.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

bandy TD analysis
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Shock&Awe
                          Great White North
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

I think they’ll keep Tillery just to have some depth and not to admit they were wrong in drafting him. He’s JAG as Parcells used to say, and even that might be a compliment.

Comment

Working...
                          X