• Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Daggummit.
    Move Nasir to Slot.
    ​​​Use his explosion in short areas.
    Draft a real Safety to work with Derwin.
    See Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer this weekend.
    Ya stinkin' ballwatchers.
    imp:
    Yes yes and yes
    Hamilton!!
    Get it done!!
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

A lot of what TT said is music to my ears. The problem is that he’s not a new GM and has been with us for 9 years. There’s been some good, but too many bad IMO. This is his last year barring a deep run next season.
      Hot seat in my book for sure.
      Its just hard for me to imagine Spanos finding an upgrade at GM
      intentionally at least
      The evil you know, I guess
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

They absolutely need to keep Justin Jones. He has the intensity and drive this team needs in the IDL. If you let him walk that is 3 IDL you need to replace. L. Joseph, C. Covington and Jones. I would get rid of Tillery before letting Jones walk. You need some continuity on the IDL and it will start with him. Bring in BJ Hill who Jones ran with in college and hopefully that will be a good combo once again. He is more of a leader than Tillery is, and they need that on the IDL.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
          They absolutely need to keep Justin Jones. He has the intensity and drive this team needs in the IDL. If you let him walk that is 3 IDL you need to replace. L. Joseph, C. Covington and Jones. I would get rid of Tillery before letting Jones walk. You need some continuity on the IDL and it will start with him. Bring in BJ Hill who Jones ran with in college and hopefully that will be a good combo once again. He is more of a leader than Tillery is, and they need that on the IDL.
          I don't think they need to keep anybody - but they can't let a guy go and sign a bunch of veteran minimum or UDFAs types or try to replace Linval and Justin with Akiem Hicks and a UDFA - that dog ain't gonna hunt.

If you replace Justin with BJ Hill and sign a guy like Austin Johnson (or Maliek Collins, Sebastian D-J from Rams) and maybe than add a veteran like Akiem Hicks for depth - that could be a good transition.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't think they need to keep anybody - but they can't let a guy go and sign a bunch of veteran minimum or UDFAs types or try to replace Linval and Justin with Akiem Hicks and a UDFA - that dog ain't gonna hunt.

If you replace Justin with BJ Hill and sign a guy like Austin Johnson (or Maliek Collins, Sebastian D-J from Rams) and maybe than add a veteran like Akiem Hicks for depth - that could be a good transition.
            Your gonna need some continuity and Jones provides that. And bringing in BJ Hill to play next to him gives you two veteran presences. They also played together in college that will help solidify that continuity. Especially bringing in a rook to groom. If you replace everybody except for your worst run D lineman in Tillery, that might sting a bit.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Jones came into his own this season. He's become a good IDL and that's a position of need. It would be silly to let him go. In addition to being a good lineman, he is a team leader, he's a rah, rah guy. He's exactly the type of player you want on this team.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Your gonna need some continuity and Jones provides that. And bringing in BJ Hill to play next to him gives you two veteran presences. They also played together in college that will help solidify that continuity. Especially bringing in a rook to groom. If you replace everybody except for your worst run D lineman in Tillery, that might sting a bit.
                Don't get me wrong - I want them to keep Justin Jones. The run defense with him was over a yard per carry better. My point was more that if you do not bring back Jones - a veteran minimum guy or a UDFA isn't going to get it done. The Chargers are going to have to spend a like dollar amount to replace him - also around the same age too.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  Jones came into his own this season. He's become a good IDL and that's a position of need. It would be silly to let him go. In addition to being a good lineman, he is a team leader, he's a rah, rah guy. He's exactly the type of player you want on this team.
                  Exactly. It was noticeable when he wasn’t available. Keep adding guys around him. Don’t create more holes

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Adderley’s progress is what you often see when you draft a guy from Delaware, or Western Missouri Valley, or South Colorado A&M. small school running against slow untalented competition. I think if we give up on him now we’ll be watching a good FS playing somewhere else in another year.

Need to keep Jones PLUS add at least 2 NFL worthy DL. I’m not sold on the LB group either, no idea why White keeps getting flagged as a great player. CB is bigger need than LB, though.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Reunited and it feels so good....
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

That 2018 draft class not looking too shabby under this coaching regime
                        points, Telesco
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

I’m so glad we have all the talent we need. They just need to play better.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X