• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Popper seems convinced that the team will tag MW. I can’t fathom why. We know what kind of a player he is - either let him walk or sign him long term.
    I'm sure agents and GM's heavily use analytics and market value analysis. I can't imagine Popper and OTC can be that far off.
    IMO, anything over $16 million seems unrealistic (given what we all know). Just because we have the off-season cash, it doesn't mean we have to be shmucks. $20 million could buy a lot talent during a Super Bowl push.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Popper seems convinced that the team will tag MW. I can’t fathom why. We know what kind of a player he is - either let him walk or sign him long term.
      I love @darealmike_dub.
      However, young, cheap, athletic WRs, who can also flourish with JH10 must be considered.
      Think long term, big picture.
      I'll buy you a new jersey.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The only guy worth keeping after aboushi on your list is Parham if he wants to keep playing
        Great. Go find the players to fill those roster spots... at those prices. Just remember that those players need to be paid... under a spending cap.
        Have you taken a look at the current roster...? https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/cap/
        Of those 45 signed, 15 of them are no more than Practice Squad caliber.
        Happy filling...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Going to say it again, if the Chargers franchise MW81 - they are not serious about winning
          they are trying to fool the fans into thinking they are trying to win

"hey, we franchised the guy,. we tried. we spent almost all of our cap money signing our own players. we only had a few million so we signed 30+ year old injury prone player"

But if they sign MW long term - and spend a boatload of cap space - that tells a different story

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

If they don’t sign MW, they darn well better sign some quality guys with his money. Give us an overall better team, not an equal or lesser team
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I can't imagine paying MW $20 million. If so, I'd probably spend that money elsewhere (CB?) And then draft a WR in the 1st... rather than a CB.
              I found the rankings for receivers and ours ranked 19 and 20 respectively with Mike 19th and Keenan 20th. Chargers just overpay for home grown talent I guess. I agree that Paying Mike $20 million is just crazy. Players have become greedy and unrealistic in my opinion. I would straight up Tag and trade for a second rounder or two third rounders. We have holes to fill and these guys might be starters on our team. I really doubt other teams will be willing to pay Mike $20 mill and give up a second rounder.

The Green Bay Packers' Davante Adams and the Los Angeles Rams' Cooper Kupp headline the top wide receivers from the 2021 NFL regular season.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                If they don’t sign MW, they darn well better sign some quality guys with his money. Give us an overall better team, not an equal or lesser team
                The two teams in the NFC Championship game look like top ten defenses with just good offenses. The rams are not ranked too high though but they did get some players back so I rank them at least top ten at this moment.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I found the rankings for receivers and ours ranked 19 and 20 respectively with Mike 19th and Keenan 20th. Chargers just overpay for home grown talent I guess. I agree that Paying Mike $20 million is just crazy. Players have become greedy and unrealistic in my opinion. I would straight up Tag and trade for a second rounder or two third rounders. We have holes to fill and these guys might be starters on our team. I really doubt other teams will be willing to pay Mike $20 mill and give up a second rounder.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2...eiver-rankings
                  Yeah, probably not. If we wouldn't make that deal, someone else probably wouldn't either. If Mike wants big money, then I walk. There are many options for us this off-season. I hope we don't spend needlessly. Bring back who you like, but be smart, too.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

I'm not likely to be around to see what they do about MW but he's a really good WR. Check out the stats, he's our big play receiver, if they let him go they will need to use their first round pick to replace him - and don't forget, not all WR draft picks produce as rookies. We have the QB, do we want to reduce his weapons?
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Hopefully he’s wrong. Unless they can’t agree on the deal.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

You know why McDermott has been successful? Because he has given a veteran defensive coordinator in Leslie Frazier the reigns to call the plays even though McDermott is a defensive minded HC.

HIRE VIC FANGIO!!!
                        Last edited by Boltinloudguy; 01-23-2022, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Seriously imagine our team with Fangio as DC.Its a no brainer, Staley beg the dude to come over and help us win a superbowl already.

Comment

Working...
                          X