• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

If memory serves, we had a big shake up with the release of the head of scouting in 2017 or 2018, but I can't find anything on it now. Does anyone else recall or have info on this?
    https://www.chargers.com/team/front-office-roster/

JoJo Wooden, Dir of Player Personnel since 2013.

Comment

• AL9000
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2022
      • San Diego, CA
      • Send PM

We should fire Telesco and hire Ed Dodds next year. Or this year, there’s still time lol!

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
        Day One...
        • Mar 2019
        • Brentwood, 94513
        • Send PM

The trade ups I’d like to see, is to use the late picks to move up in a round. Like mid 4th to early 4th. We need to hit late rounds for special teams. Get players who grind, hard, like Hank Bauer.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
          The trade ups I’d like to see, is to use the late picks to move up in a round. Like mid 4th to early 4th. We need to hit late rounds for special teams. Get players who grind, hard, like Hank Bauer.
          Shut the front door? Get Hank Bauer? Put me down as a hard no on that idea. Lets get players with athletic talent instead.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
            I like your idea of trading up even if just going from Mid 4 (5 or 6) to early 4 (5 or 6)

I think can do better than Hank Bauer. Plus, the Suns got good play from Amen O and Niemann last year as core special teamers. And they should only improve

But yes, the Chargers have right now - 1 5th, expected to have 2 6th and 3 7th round pick. There is the possibility that the comp 6 might become a comp 4. And if that happens - for sure use a 5th or 6th to move up - that would get 5 top tier draft picks in R1-R4

I am good using any of those to move up. I just want to keep the 2-4th rounders and not trade up like for Murray, Attaoucho, Gordon and Te'O

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post
              We should fire Telesco and hire Ed Dodds next year. Or this year, there’s still time lol!
              Another former Colts assistant GM?!!! Lol

Comment

• AL9000
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2022
                • San Diego, CA
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Another former Colts assistant GM?!!! Lol
                "Is he a dude or is he not a dude?"

Comment

• SBbound
                  Casual fanatic
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Merced/San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post
                  I don't get all of the Telesco bashing. (I don't get the Spanos bashing either, I mean what's the point?)
                  Wasn't last off season pretty good with Telesco & Staley? Telesco's previous years he was married to poor coaches, doesn't that in part account for crummy W/L records and poor player acquisitions and development?
                  The future is bright. Bolt up!

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

I don't get all of the Telesco bashing. (I don't get the Spanos bashing either, I mean what's the point?)
                    Wasn't last off season pretty good with Telesco & Staley? Telesco's previous years he was married to poor coaches, doesn't that in part account for crummy W/L records and poor player acquisitions and development?
                    The future is bright. Bolt up!
                    We’ll see. I hope for the best but prepare for the worst with Telesco these days.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

We’ll see. I hope for the best but prepare for the worst with Telesco these days.
                      I have zero faith in Telesco and John Boy. But can only hope that with Staley's input - the front office has another good offseason.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

I like our roster a lot. 2022 could be our best ever. I'll save my whining for after we don't make this fall's NFL playoffs.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                          I like our roster a lot. 2022 could be our best ever. I'll save my whining for after we don't make this fall's NFL playoffs.
                          I will probably be a glass half full guy until free agency - hopefully free agency and the draft will be like last year
                          Come Labor Day be pumped but my bar is a little higher, Chargers to me need to be battling for the Division the last couple weeks and not the 7th seed.

Comment

Working...
                          X