• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Works for me. Sadly, once I envision an outcome I want, the opposite happens. So I suppose we just confirmed the Rams and Bengals Super Bowl, with Burrow getting a Super Bowl ring before Herbert.

Now if you'll excuse me while I go barf...
    Chainy can't root for Burrow because he said he wouldn't be very good and is wrong again.

He had a very good season and has his team in the AFC championship game and it's killing him.
    But, when you don't know much about football and are just a stat guy, you are wrong a lot.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Chainy can't root for Burrow because he said he wouldn't be very good and is wrong again.

He had a very good season and has his team in the AFC championship game and it's killing him.
      But, when you don't know much about football and are just a stat guy, you are wrong a lot.
      I said Burrow would not be as good as Herbert. I had Herbert as the best QB in the 2020 draft class. I had Burrow ranked second. I had Tagovailoa ranked behind those two. That was before any of them were drafted. So, it kind of looks like I was exactly right--again. And lots of other people did not have the same order among those three QBs and they were wrong.

I do believe Burrow is overrated because some people think he is as good as or even better than Herbert and I see Burrow as being clearly not as good as Herbert. Herbert can do everything Burrow can and a bunch of things that Burrow could only dream of since Burrow is a lesser armed inferior athlete.

And I also think Burrow is getting too much credit for "getting the Bengals to the AFCCG" when Burrow did not play very well against TEN, but Tannehill played worse. To me, it was incredible that nobody was discussing how Burrow again held the ball too long on numerous pass attempts against TEN, which he himself admitted he did through much of last year. Yet, all I heard from media people was how Burrow does not have pass protection and gets sacked a lot as if they did not comprehend that Burrow was actually allowed to throw the ball away to avoid a sack if he did so correctly under the rules. If Herbert held the ball in 2020 like Burrow has in his career, I swear Herbert, even with his superior ability to escape pressure, would have had a chance to break the times sacked record for a single season.

It reminds me of Eli and the Giants when the defense made the big plays, but media people were falling all over themselves to praise Eli when he was not responsible for his team winning. Of course, Eli did not have Chase, Higgins and Boyd, the best troika of WRs in the NFL, either.

Beyond that, Burrow is kind of an arrogant punk in the same way Lock is, but maybe not quite as obnoxious. So, yeah, I do not like the guy. By contrast, I have no dislike at all for Tagovailoa.

Still, I will be rooting against the Chiefs.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I said Burrow would not be as good as Herbert. I had Herbert as the best QB in the 2020 draft class. I had Burrow ranked second. I had Tagovailoa ranked behind those two. That was before any of them were drafted. So, it kind of looks like I was exactly right--again. And lots of other people did not have the same order among those three QBs and they were wrong.

I do believe Burrow is overrated because some people think he is as good as or even better than Herbert and I see Burrow as being clearly not as good as Herbert. Herbert can do everything Burrow can and a bunch of things that Burrow could only dream of since Burrow is a lesser armed inferior athlete.

And I also think Burrow is getting too much credit for "getting the Bengals to the AFCCG" when Burrow did not play very well against TEN, but Tannehill played worse. To me, it was incredible that nobody was discussing how Burrow again held the ball too long on numerous pass attempts against TEN, which he himself admitted he did through much of last year. Yet, all I heard from media people was how Burrow does not have pass protection and gets sacked a lot as if they did not comprehend that Burrow was actually allowed to throw the ball away to avoid a sack if he did so correctly under the rules. If Herbert held the ball in 2020 like Burrow has in his career, I swear Herbert, even with his superior ability to escape pressure, would have had a chance to break the times sacked record for a single season.

It reminds me of Eli and the Giants when the defense made the big plays, but media people were falling all over themselves to praise Eli when he was not responsible for his team winning. Of course, Eli did not have Chase, Higgins and Boyd, the best troika of WRs in the NFL, either.

Beyond that, Burrow is kind of an arrogant punk in the same way Lock is, but maybe not quite as obnoxious. So, yeah, I do not like the guy. By contrast, I have no dislike at all for Tagovailoa.

I dont think anyone can be as arrogant as Lock with nothing to back up the arrogance.

Comment

• Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I dont think anyone can be as arrogant as Lock with nothing to back up the arrogance.
          I agree that Lock is more arrogant and with less to show for it, But Burrow has that stink about him too, especially compared to Herbert, who is so much more of an athletic stud than Burrow is and is very humble by contrast. I guess Bengals fans like him because he is "their punk".

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

I'll give you credit in your ranking of the 2020 QB class, but to be fair, you said none of them were worth taking at #6 and preferred to wait a year for your golden boy, Trevor Lawrence - the only QB capable of beating Mahomes....who you keep saying is overrated....

I'll give credit to Burrow for surviving 9 sacks and still winning, although some were his fault. He cost the Bengals critical yards while in FG range on multiple occasions. He doesn't know how to get rid of the ball in those situations. And Andy Reid is going to exploit that all day long as soon as they pass midfield.

I don't see this game even being close unless the Bengals are able to run the ball.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

I'll give you credit in your ranking of the 2020 QB class, but to be fair, you said none of them were worth taking at #6 and preferred to wait a year for your golden boy, Trevor Lawrence - the only QB capable of beating Mahomes....who you keep saying is overrated....

I'll give credit to Burrow for surviving 9 sacks and still winning, although some were his fault. He cost the Bengals critical yards while in FG range on multiple occasions. He doesn't know how to get rid of the ball in those situations. And Andy Reid is going to exploit that all day long as soon as they pass midfield.

I don't see this game even being close unless the Bengals are able to run the ball.
              The Bengals beat the Chiefs 34-31 just a couple of weeks ago. Just sayin'
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Originally posted by captaind View Post

I did think all of the QBs in the 2020 draft class were being overvalued. I think I was right with respect to Burrow and Tagovailoa, but wrong with respect to Herbert, who, even though I thought he was the best QB in the draft class, was even better than I thought he was.

I did hope for Lawrence for us and he has not proven to be good as I thought he was going to be so far. Though, in his defense, Jacksonville was an awful situation for him as he was surrounded by very little talent on offense and his team leadership was a dysfunctional mess. I still believe he has considerable potential, but right now I see Herbert as having shown the most talent among all NFL QBs on an NFL field.

Mahomes is overrated because people give him all of the credit for KC's success when he has had arguably the best WR and TE at all times and had one season with the league's reigning top RB to go along with Andy Reid, who is at least a top two offensive mind as a head coach (now a clear #1 with Payton retiring). Their OL has been great throughout Mahomes' career until last year's Super Bowl and Mahomes faltered when he had to play football under conditions faced by Herbert and other QBs all the time.

To me, there has not been enough of an accounting for the tools that Mahomes has had available to him and a failure to recognize that KC's offense (mostly due to Reid's then new scheme) produced flukish unsustainable results early in 2018 and that Mahomes has not come close to duplicating those results ever since. Right now, I would take Herbert over Mahomes any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I still say the answer to defending Mahomes is to keep him in the pocket and reduce the scrambling off platform throws where Hill is allowed to run around for days until he finally just runs away from defenders as he did on the big play in the Super Bowl against the 49ers and has done so many other times.

Mahomes has a good arm, but his passes are not the most accurate and he does not throw as many dart like passes as Herbert does. He is still a solid/good QB even in the pocket, but if he stays there, he is absolutely not elite.

We agree on the KC/CIN game. I think KC is the better team, will be the more motivated team, is at home, and that Mahomes is better than Burrow. And I am still disgusted that the Bills gave last weekend's game away as they were clearly the better team.

Comment

• Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

The Bengals beat the Chiefs 34-31 just a couple of weeks ago. Just sayin'
                  Yes, that is true, but now KC is at home in a revenge game. I will be rooting for Cincinnati, but think it is more likely that KC wins.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What's not to like about Burrow? He's confident but not arrogant. He's a lot like Herbert in that way. He's turned around a woeful franchise in Ohio and made football fun again for the Bengals' long-suffering fan base. He's elevated the Bengals to the top of its division, which has been dominated by the Steelers and Ravens for far too long. And he's propelled the Bengals to the upper reaches of the conference. He's an example of what is becoming increasingly rarer in the NFL today - a No. 1 overall pick who has fulfilled the promise of where he was drafted. My hat is off to him and the Bengals' franchise. The fact that the Chargers beat Cincinnati in their stadium in front of their fans this season just makes it easier to get on the Bengal bandwagon this post-season.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Burrow is doing great, but I think he's consistently being kver rated by the media. They can't help themselves.
                      I'm much more impressed by that weapon of a man Chase. I think he might already contend for top 3 at his position.

Burrow is playing like a veteran, which is the highest praise I can give a second year qb

Burrow is a lot like Herbert, without the elite physical tools,
                      playing behind a bit worse of an oline (which is super impressive) but with significantly better weapons and defense.

Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Yes, that is true, but now KC is at home in a revenge game. I will be rooting for Cincinnati, but think it is more likely that KC wins.
                        Agree
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Rams-49ers parking prices are outrageous, approaching the cost of a game ticket

Cameron DaSilva
                          Thu, January 27, 2022, 12:13 PM

Tickets to the NFC Championship Game have been a big talking point this week as 49ers fans try to infiltrate SoFi Stadium and outnumber Rams fans the way they did in Week 18. The prices of those tickets have also been a point of contention, considering how expensive even the cheapest seats are.

What many aren’t talking about is the price of parking at SoFi Stadium. According to Akash Markazi, on-site parking passes are north of $300. That’s still about half the price of the cheapest game ticket, but $300 just to park at the stadium is outrageous.

It’s partly because the Super Bowl is being played at SoFi Stadium, and the NFL is already taking up spots in preparation for the big game. Remember, this is the first time ever that a team is hosting the conference title game at the same stadium as the Super Bowl.

Even if you go off-site, parking tickets are just as insane. To park at a nearby high school, you’ll pay $175. Homeowners are opening their driveways up for parking, too, and charging $300.

Given the limited space for fans to park, one ticket broker believes parking passes might be more expensive than the cheapest ticket to the game by Sunday.

Right now, the cheapest ticket to get into the game on StubHub is $599. You’ll have to tack on another $168 in service fees per ticket, bringing the cost up to $767 just for one ticket to the game.

With the cost of parking, one person going to Rams-49ers will cost nearly $1,000, if not more.

Apparently that’s the price you pay to see only the second postseason matchup ever between these two division rivals.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X