• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Man, I’m just grateful we were never the losers of a game like this one. Or worse, the one who let 28-3 happen in the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Andy Reid 4 straight AFCCGs with KC and 3 straight NFCCGs with Eagles.

Similar type of teams for Andy.
      QB who can make off script plays and speed at skill positions.

I thought it was a copy cat league.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I see the Rams going to the Super Bowl as a positive: it forces the Spanos and Telesco to try and compete now, instead of always worrying about the cap in 2027.
        Their gut instinct is to be excessively cautious.

The more i think about it, the more Telesco pisses me off.....Rams bring in Weddle to play safety because of injury issues,
        Telesco and the Chargers, in the same position, would stick with Trey Marshall and Ben Deluca......despite forum members pleadings.
        The salary cap for 2039 can not be jeopardized with anything rash.
        But then, when do you expect a Tom Telesco team to be in the same position as the Rams?

Shout out to Weddle & Melvin Ingram for finally returning / going to a championship game.
        Shout out to Denzel perryman and casey Hayward for making the playoffs.
        To be fair, Telesco would have been rightfully crucified for bringing in a two year retired Weddle.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2020
          • Send PM

Tough place to win in K.C.. Bills had the Chiefs beaten.

How would the game have gone in Buffalo?
          Thing is, they had the season to wrap up home-field though but didn't. The Chiefs played horribly to open the season, then in usual fashion turn it up to close out strong.

I think we can keep going around in circles imagining the possibilities though, but it wouldn't matter.

End of the day, the Chiefs simply pulled off legendary plays and even left the door open with the Wildcat play and missed kicks. Buffalo capitalized on it, but then the Chiefs answered right back with an even more jaw-dropping play.

It sucks that Buffalo played great and lost in overtime, but the same thing happened to the Chiefs vs Brady in overtime when Mahomes broke a bunch of records a few years back.

If Buffalo has what it takes, they'll contend again. Other than that though, what happened happened and the better team won.

One o the craziest stats I read was Mahomes had 177 yards of passing and 2(?) touchdowns after the 2-minute warning against the NFL's #1 defense. I mean, if anybody threw out a stat like that, they should get the W.

Comment

• Originally posted by captaind View Post

Special teams already got burned by Tyreek. They beat you with speed, especially late in the game.

Bottom line, no defense should give up 45 yards in 10 seconds.
            The defense should not, but there has to be a short kickoff to eliminate half of their time for likely the same field position as a TB. Doing that play would have won them the game (even with the prevent defense) and it is incredible to me that they did not see/do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              The chiefs had to leave points on the field to make that game what it was. A missed EP, missed FG and then not capitalizing on Hill's punt return with the most ridiculous of 3rd down plays. They made mistakes but got away with it. Buffalo played nearly perfect ball until the last 13 seconds. Allen was fantastic. They couldn't cover #13.
              The Bills played the worst defensive game ever. They had zero concept of what containment means. Their edge rushers kept running too far up the field or cutting back to the inside, leaving half of the field wide open for Mahomes to get outside of the pocket. Mahomes is completely average inside of the pocket and good outside of the pocket and they kept letting him create plays outside the pocket.

How could they not focus on that aspect? It was awful to watch their defense repeatedly crap the bed. I find it difficult to believe that the concept of containing Mahomes was coached by Frazier at all leading up to the game based upon what I saw on seemingly every other pass play.

And then final lame prevent defense.

I would flat out fire Frazier. He had the horses on defense and completely ruined BUF's season with tonight's debacle. BUF would likely have beaten either the Rams or 49ers. Just awful.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post

Thing is, they had the season to wrap up home-field though but didn't. The Chiefs played horribly to open the season, then in usual fashion turn it up to close out strong.

I think we can keep going around in circles imagining the possibilities though, but it wouldn't matter.

End of the day, the Chiefs simply pulled off legendary plays and even left the door open with the Wildcat play and missed kicks. Buffalo capitalized on it, but then the Chiefs answered right back with an even more jaw-dropping play.

It sucks that Buffalo played great and lost in overtime, but the same thing happened to the Chiefs vs Brady in overtime when Mahomes broke a bunch of records a few years back.

If Buffalo has what it takes, they'll contend again. Other than that though, what happened happened and the better team won.

One o the craziest stats I read was Mahomes had 177 yards of passing and 2(?) touchdowns after the 2-minute warning against the NFL's #1 defense. I mean, if anybody threw out a stat like that, they should get the W.
                And he didn't really do much to get those big numbers....nice pass in a comfortable pocket to an open hill who did the rest;
                other than that, dinks & dunks to wide open guys.

Its much, much more than just Mahomes.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Burrow and Chase had an insane day vs KC earlier this year.
                  That game is likely to be a barn burner.
                  Whoever has ball last wins.

49ers and Rams likely to be a close game.
                  Can Rams win at home and then get a home Superbowl.
                  I think so.
                  But 49ers haven't lost to Rams in 3 years.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

To be fair, Telesco would have been rightfully crucified for bringing in a two year retired Weddle.
                    He's at the point where he is going to get crucified for whatever he does.....he'll mumble something about the process at his final press conference.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2020
                      • Send PM

And he didn't really do much to get those big numbers....nice pass in a comfortable pocket to an open hill who did the rest;
                      other than that, dinks & dunks to wide open guys.

Its much, much more than just Mahomes.
                      Teams win games though. Mahomes made some great passes at the end there and had the nerves to do so as well. Each critical pass he threw were ropes on target between the numbers. For example that pass to Kelce at the end of that 0:13 second drive hit Kelce in stride right in his hands and made off a quick read. That's not an easy pass, it hits Kelce as soon as he turns and much less with 8 seconds left - for your season.
                      Brady gets similar criticism, but its such a flimsy argument imo.
                      If teams can't stop what you do, other teams try to do what you do but can't and you're the only one winning like that then it's working and you got something special.

I'd say nerves of steel/clutch gene are the most vital for the play-offs and both Brady/Mahomes have it, plain and simple. It's rare you see them make bad plays down the stretch, however they have highlight reels of legendary plays. That's something Rivers often struggled with during the postseason in comparison and that gets exposed during the play-offs because nearly everything is clutch.

Comment

• Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                        Neither one of these teams has anything to hang their heads about! It was like watching Ali and Frasier go toe to toe Blow to blow!
                        I thought this weekend featured the worst combined playoff game performance of any group of divisional playoff teams I have ever seen in over 45 years of watching NFL football.

All 4 games featured a competition of which team wanted to lose the game more. It was pathetic.

Burrow sucked, but Tannehill sucked more. The 49ers offense sucked, but GB's special teams sucked more. The Rams played a stupid coverage to finish off their second half meltdown, but the Bucs refused to let the Rams lose and gave up an equally stupid deep pass to Kupp to set up the win for the Rams.

And tonight we got to see an overrated KC defense that could defend nobody outlast a BUF team that absolutely gave the game away by playing horribly on defense all game long and then going absolutely brain dead in the final 13 seconds to let the Chiefs win on another fluke OT coin toss win.

There was not a team that played this weekend that we would not have wiped out based upon how they played this weekend.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The Bills played the worst defensive game ever. They had zero concept of what containment means. Their edge rushers kept running too far up the field or cutting back to the inside, leaving half of the field wide open for Mahomes to get outside of the pocket. Mahomes is completely average inside of the pocket and good outside of the pocket and they kept letting him create plays outside the pocket.

How could they not focus on that aspect? It was awful to watch their defense repeatedly crap the bed. I find it difficult to believe that the concept of containing Mahomes was coached by Frazier at all leading up to the game based upon what I saw on seemingly every other pass play.

And then final lame prevent defense.

I would flat out fire Frazier. He had the horses on defense and completely ruined BUF's season with tonight's debacle. BUF would likely have beaten either the Rams or 49ers. Just awful.
                          Worst defensive game....EVER?

Comment

Working...
                          X