• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

I fear he will be too. Hopefully he chooses the 49ers.
    Rodgers is a free agent now with the new out in the restructured contract? So no team has to trade for him, just release guys to make room.
    Rodgers is not a free agent. He restructured it but only 2023 it can be voided.
    Denver or whioever will have to trade for him.

This is from OTC:

Rodgers restructured his contract in 2021 converting $14.46 million of his salary into a signing bonus. In addition the Packers voided the 2023 year of the contract. The move creates about $10 million in 2021 cap space. Rodgers contract will now void seven days prior to the start of the 2023 league year.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Oklahoma
      • Send PM

From Packers Wire in July...

The final step of Aaron Rodgers returning to Green Bay for the 2021 season is complete.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, the Packers and Rodgers have agreed to terms on a restructured deal.

Based on reporting from Adam Schefter of ESPN, the reworked contract will void the 2023 season and prevent the Packers from going pursuing prorated portions of Rodgers’ signing bonus.

The team has also agreed to review the situation with Rodgers following the season, a concession general manager Brian Gutekunst admitted during his press conference to open training camp.

The new deal would expire following the 2022 season, setting up next offseason as a crossroads of sorts for the player and team. The Packers and Rodgers can extend the deal, or agree to part ways via trade.

It’s unclear what salary cap revisions were or weren’t made. Gutekunst said Thursday that the Packers needed to get a restructured deal done with Rodgers to have enough cap space to operate this season, especially after trading for Randall Cobb and signing Dennis Kelly.

More information on the restructured deal will be provided as it becomes available at Packers Wire.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
        From Packers Wire in July...

The final step of Aaron Rodgers returning to Green Bay for the 2021 season is complete.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, the Packers and Rodgers have agreed to terms on a restructured deal.

Based on reporting from Adam Schefter of ESPN, the reworked contract will void the 2023 season and prevent the Packers from going pursuing prorated portions of Rodgers’ signing bonus.

The team has also agreed to review the situation with Rodgers following the season, a concession general manager Brian Gutekunst admitted during his press conference to open training camp.

The new deal would expire following the 2022 season, setting up next offseason as a crossroads of sorts for the player and team. The Packers and Rodgers can extend the deal, or agree to part ways via trade.

It’s unclear what salary cap revisions were or weren’t made. Gutekunst said Thursday that the Packers needed to get a restructured deal done with Rodgers to have enough cap space to operate this season, especially after trading for Randall Cobb and signing Dennis Kelly.

More information on the restructured deal will be provided as it becomes available at Packers Wire.
        Well there ya go.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well there ya go.
          yep, good call on that

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Spkrfrk1 View Post
            Initially wanted a Chiefs/49er’s Super Bowl because i didn’t want to hear Burrow>Herbert and Rams>Chargers shit talking. But after reading all of everyone’s posts - maybe Bengals going ain’t so bad..

Rams can still eat a dick.

An AFC West rival went to the Super Bowl whenever the Chargers were the host team, prior to today. I didn't want to see the Chiefs going to the SB on the Chargers home field (shared with the Rams), which is also the Rams home field. It would've been hard to stomach.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Sean McVay has been the Rams HC for 5 years and has taken them to 2 Super Bowls now. Bengals proved you can get to a Super Bowl by having one successful offseason z. They went from 2 wins 2 years ago to the big game.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                Sean McVay has been the Rams HC for 5 years and has taken them to 2 Super Bowls now. Bengals proved you can get to a Super Bowl by having one successful offseason z. They went from 2 wins 2 years ago to the big game.
                Finally, Mike Brown learned to get the F out of the way.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Good morning TPB
                  the sun is shinning a little brighter today
                  birds chirping melodically
                  My coffee taste less bitter
                  All thanks to Joe Fn Burrow and them Bengals
                  Have a beautiful day y'all
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Good morning TPB
                    the sun is shinning a little brighter today
                    birds chirping melodically
                    My coffee taste less bitter
                    All thanks to Joe Fn Burrow and them Bengals
                    Have a beautiful day y'all
                    I'm with you. Burrow did Charger Nation a large. I'm always going to be a fan of his. He and Herbert are going to have a friendly rivalry for a long time. I think they are pretty evenly matched. Herbert has some strengths Burrow doesn't have and vice versa. Burrow has great touch but Herbert has the rocket arm.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm with you. Burrow did Charger Nation a large. I'm always going to be a fan of his. He and Herbert are going to have a friendly rivalry for a long time. I think they are pretty evenly matched. Herbert has some strengths Burrow doesn't have and vice versa. Burrow has great touch but Herbert has the rocket arm.
                      I really wanted Burrow for us but wasn't willing to part with the picks so I'm very happy Herbert has been the stud he is for us.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

The Bengals made a defensive adjustment in the 2nd half that shut down Mahomes and the Chiefs' passing attack. Basically, the dropped 8 men into coverage on a majority of passing plays in the 2nd half. It worked. Mahomes was running around in circles trying to find an opening to throw into and that led to a few of the Bengals' sacks. But it still seemed like Mahomes was shy about trying to make a play in the 2nd half, less willing to throw downfield and take a gamble.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Anybody checking in at Chiefs' forums? Are they beginning to realize there isn't going to be a "Mahomes dynasty?" Couldn't score a TD in the Super Bowl last season and blew a 21-3 lead in the Championship Game at home to the No. 4 seed. A few years ago Mahomes looked special and unique, like he was alone in an upper tier of QBs. Now he may not be the best QB in his division, and his conference has at least three QBs that are his equal or better.

Comment

Working...
                          X