Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
    Any other recent empty nesters here?
    I am. Well i left the nest. My son graduated college and i let him take over the house. My daughter is still in college but that is their home now. Not technically an empty nest because i moved to my 2nd home in Kauai....but i sure am feeling the hurt of not seeing. them and talking to them often. I was a hardcore dad. I was really tough as a coach for my son and Rugby...and making sure my kids got good grades and into college. I think they were really ready for a less stressful scene. I felt they had accomplished the goals i wanted them too. We had been together for the last 15 years or so while there mother was sort of traveling and trying to find herself. She is a really free spirit and did the whole hippy commune and psychedelic quest. Finally found her soulmate and had another baby. Which is great we are still good friends. But i was really doing it alone over the last 15 years so leaving that situation has been hard. Ive had really bad days here with depression. I was so dependent on seeing them....hugging them. Just the daily interactions man. I miss them.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I feel for you bro. That would be REAL tough.
      Actually so far it’s okay and he’s about three hours away in Reno at UNR and I’m looking forward to going up there I love that area. It was time for him to go he was ready and didn’t even apply to any CA schools at least he didn’t go to Utah or Montana that would have been a whole different ballgame as he was accepted at both.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I am. Well i left the nest. My son graduated college and i let him take over the house. My daughter is still in college but that is their home now. Not technically an empty nest because i moved to my 2nd home in Kauai....but i sure am feeling the hurt of not seeing. them and talking to them often. I was a hardcore dad. I was really tough as a coach for my son and Rugby...and making sure my kids got good grades and into college. I think they were really ready for a less stressful scene. I felt they had accomplished the goals i wanted them too. We had been together for the last 15 years or so while there mother was sort of traveling and trying to find herself. She is a really free spirit and did the whole hippy commune and psychedelic quest. Finally found her soulmate and had another baby. Which is great we are still good friends. But i was really doing it alone over the last 15 years so leaving that situation has been hard. Ive had really bad days here with depression. I was so dependent on seeing them....hugging them. Just the daily interactions man. I miss them.
        There are many similarities Fleet and I coached my son as well in baseball until he was 14. When it hits me I’ll head up there and hang out with him and we are talking about Sept 10th for a Wolf Pack football game. Good reason for me to get out of town.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Thanks for sharing all of this.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Depression can be real bad. After my first wife died, I became extremely depressed. I sat around the house all day and didn't read or turn on the Tv for weeks. My sister pushed me to the Doctor. He gave me a prescription for depression and after about two weeks I finally came back. Tell your Doctor you're depressed, he may be able to help. I'm praying for you.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Hope this can help...

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Amazing man and father.
                I wish you new-found meaning in life after a very profound 15 plus years of dedication to your children and family.
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Thanks guys. No pills for me. Only nature. And Roo i love you so much but i had to edit out the religion. lol I hear you for sure.

Aloha guys. Im good. I just live in action. Im always doing something to better myself. Mind body spirit.

Aloha

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

A stop at Roberto's.
                    Don't recall what thread the other Roberto's talk was at so here it is.

Carne Asada Nachos and Rolled Tacos with guac and sour cream. They really packed on the beef on the nachos. Not my idea of nacho cheese tho

PXL_20220820_231615241.jpg

PXL_20220820_231620346.jpg
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      A stop at Roberto's.

Carne Asada Nachos and Rolled Tacos with guac and sour cream. They really packed on the beef on the nachos. Not my idea of nacho cheese tho

Killing me man lol

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

A stop at Roberto's.

Oh damn, I love that stuff. We need a Roberto's in Palm Springs. Those rolled tacos look heavenly. Why you do this to me???

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

A stop at Roberto's.

That’s a lot of beef, but it needs more stuff on it. Beans, salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X