• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That’s a lot of beef, but it needs more stuff on it. Beans, salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
    agree, there was sour cream and guac underneath but for me it was a little disapointing. not near enough cheese either.
    But, soneone else may like all that beef and less of everything else.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
      No pills for me. Only nature.
      Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
      Im always doing something to better myself. Mind body spirit.
      I'm with you on this. I've been diagnosed with low-grade clinical depression by multiple health care providers. But I don't want to take depression meds. I just don't. My older sis suffers from major depression. Decades ago she started taking anti-depressants, and it has worked for her. She was able thrive in a 40 year career in the National Park Service. She is retired now outside of Bozeman, MT and is passionate horsewoman. She turned 70 this month, and she still competes regularly in equestrian events around Montana and the West. She credits her anti-depressants for her being able to have a great life. She thinks I should take the same meds she does, clinical depression can be hereditary and we share the same genes. But I don't want to. She had much more trauma in her youth than I did, trauma that was a significant factor in her depression, and her deep depression was more debilitating to her than my lower grade depression has been for me. I take enough potent pharmaceuticals for my heart condition. I don't want to add anymore and I don't want to have to rely on pills for my mental well-being.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm with you on this. I've been diagnosed with low-grade clinical depression by multiple health care providers. But I don't want to take depression meds. I just don't. My older sis suffers from major depression. Decades ago she started taking anti-depressants, and it has worked for her. She was able thrive in a 40 year career in the National Park Service. She is retired now outside of Bozeman, MT and is passionate horsewoman. She turned 70 this month, and she still competes regularly in equestrian events around Montana and the West. She credits her anti-depressants for her being able to have a great life. She thinks I should take the same meds she does, clinical depression can be hereditary and we share the same genes. But I don't want to. She had much more trauma in her youth than I did, trauma that was a significant factor in her depression, and her deep depression was more debilitating to her than my lower grade depression has been for me. I take enough potent pharmaceuticals for my heart condition. I don't want to add anymore and I don't want to have to rely on pills for my mental well-being.
        Some of those anti-depression meds make u more depressed. Not saying they don't have a place in many cases, but we need to be careful here. A lot of my co-workers at my job before I retired, were on meds for stress. I overheard the following conversation between two of them one time:

STRESSED OUT #1: "I'm so stressed out."
        STRESSED OUT #2: "Why don't you increase your medication?"
        STRESSED OUT #1: "I already did. It didn't do any good."

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Some of those anti-depression meds make u more depressed. Not saying they don't have a place in many cases, but we need to be careful here. A lot of my co-workers at my job before I retired, were on meds for stress. I overheard the following conversation between two of them one time:

STRESSED OUT #1: "I'm so stressed out."
          STRESSED OUT #2: "Why don't you increase your medication?"
          STRESSED OUT #1: "I already did. It didn't do any good."
          In my experience meds can and do help but they don't make whatever problems (depression and severe anxiety for me) completely disappear. Not by a long-shot. No matter the dose. One med that I used to take 30+ years ago really helped me a lot but it also had wicked side-effects. It's no longer available (Cylert). I literally couldn't sleep for days at a time nor did I have an appetite. That was with the smallest dose possible. And I love to eat! I also like to sleep.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Try yoga and some CBD products. I avoid big pharma as much as possible.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Done meds. They made me want to commit suicide. lol Good outlook bro.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

In my experience meds can and do help but they don't make whatever problems (depression and severe anxiety for me) completely disappear. Not by a long-shot. No matter the dose. One med that I used to take 30+ years ago really helped me a lot but it also had wicked side-effects. It's no longer available (Cylert). I literally couldn't sleep for days at a time nor did I have an appetite. That was with the smallest dose possible. And I love to eat! I also like to sleep.
                I don't want to give the impression that psychiatric meds don't do much for anyone. I go to a place for therapy where I see around 50 other people that take meds. I've heard many of their stories with meds and their improvement with them have been amazing. But sometimes it takes time to find the right one or right combination.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                  Try yoga
                  I find it helps.

I avoid big pharma as much as possible.
                  Ditto.

CBD products
                  What products?

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                    The Precious
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

What products?
                    Heck there’s a huge variety Velo I would do a search. I don’t take it very often but my wife has been as her mom is in bad shape and she gets it at the natural foods store and it does help when my business has me stressed out.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

If you need to bury this I get it. But I thought this vid was pretty important...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                        Did we win?
                        • Jun 2013
                        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                        • Send PM

^^ Love this stuff H2A.
                        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                          ^^ Love this stuff H2A.
                          I loved what Gary Nolan said about whistle-blowers about to reveal things. That will be huge!

Comment

Working...
                          X