• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    Just gonna use this thread to announce that Xenos is now a mod here at the Blues. Consistently supplies us with good intel on the Bolts and is a rep from the CMB. I have been wanting a mod from that group for a while now. There will be no heavy lifting needed from any of our mods as Bolt O and i do most of that. But Xenos is a good example of keeping the peace around here and i like that he can rep this forum in that way.

Welcome Xenos.
    Welcome and congratulations Xenos.

Since the members of the social media team did a unique thing with anime openings for the organization's 2022 schedule, I follow suit. This is the opening song for In The Land of Leadale. To our newest moderator.

Comment

• Craig440
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

This was a class act by the Chiefs.

Chiefs pay tribute to late Len Dawson with choir huddle (nypost.com)

I liked that the ref said "Delay of game on number 16"
      Last edited by Craig440; 08-31-2022, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

I wrote this comment for the Punt God thread, but I think it's better suited here. The accusations against the Punt God triggered me.

On Halloween night 1966 my 14-year-old older sister was at McDonalds a few blocks from our house. She was walking home and a boy she knew from school pulled over and offered her a ride. She accepted and got in the car. There were two other boys in the car. Instead of taking her home they took her to an orchard and gang-raped her. They threatened to kill her if she told anybody. They dropped her off on our street early in the morning and she walked the rest of the way. When she came in my father was waiting up and demanded to know where she'd been. She broke down in tears and told him what had happened.

The boys were arrested. A few days later the girlfriends of two of the boys came to my sister's high school and started looking for her. They told everybody she was accusing their boyfriends of rape and they were going to beat her up. Soon everybody at her high school learned what happened to her Halloween night. She was humiliated and devastated tried to take her own life by swallowing some sleeping pills, but she survived. She went away to live with my aunt in the Bay Area. Two of the boys who had raped her were over 18 (the other was 17). They were tried, but they were acquitted, because my sister had gotten in the car with them. She was 14 and had never even kissed a boy. But back then, if you got in the car that was considered consent. They were convicted of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

For many years afterward, into the early '80s, I harbored fantasies of tracking down these guys and exacting revenge. I was also angry at my father - a WWII commando and combat veteran - that he didn't avenge his daughter's honor. In the opening scenes of the Godfather, a man beseeches Vito Corleone to exact his revenge on a pair of youths who had beaten his daughter and were subsequently coddled by the legal system. I was an impressionable youth and I thought that is how these things were done. The scene where the Godfather's goombas beat the boys to within an inch of their lives is my favorite scene of the entire movie.

My sis got her life back under control. The next summer she spent weeks at a youth camp in the High Sierra. It helped restore her. She loved it so much she became a counselor at the camp in subsequent summers. The camp still exists - Camp Jack Hazard. After graduating HS she got a job in Yosemite at Curry Village. After a few years she started working seasonally in Yosemite for the Park Service as a toll taker at campgrounds, while she got her college degree. After graduating from college, she made a career of the National Park Service. In the late '80s and early '90s she worked in Yellowstone. She and her husband bought 20 acres outside of Bozeman, MT in 1990. They retired a few years ago and built a house and horse property on their property, and that his where my sis lives today with her husband, dogs and horses. She turned 70 three weeks ago, and she is still active competing at equestrian events around Montana and the West.

I don't know how life turned out for the boys who raped her. I forgot their names decades ago.

Comment

• Craig440
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          I wrote this comment for the Punt God thread, but I think it's better suited here. The accusations against the Punt God triggered me.

On Halloween night 1966 my 14-year-old older sister was at McDonalds a few blocks from our house. She was walking home and a boy she knew from school pulled over and offered her a ride. She accepted and got in the car. There were two other boys in the car. Instead of taking her home they took her to an orchard and gang-raped her. They threatened to kill her if she told anybody. They dropped her off on our street early in the morning and she walked the rest of the way. When she came in my father was waiting up and demanded to know where she'd been. She broke down in tears and told him what had happened.

The boys were arrested. A few days later the girlfriends of two of the boys came to my sister's high school and started looking for her. They told everybody she was accusing their boyfriends of rape and they were going to beat her up. Soon everybody at her high school learned what happened to her Halloween night. She was humiliated and devastated tried to take her own life by swallowing some sleeping pills, but she survived. She went away to live with my aunt in the Bay Area. Two of the boys who had raped her were over 18 (the other was 17). They were tried, but they were acquitted, because my sister had gotten in the car with them. She was 14 and had never even kissed a boy. But back then, if you got in the car that was considered consent. They were convicted of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

For many years afterward, into the early '80s, I harbored fantasies of tracking down these guys and exacting revenge. I was also angry at my father - a WWII commando and combat veteran - that he didn't avenge his daughter's honor. In the opening scenes of the Godfather, a man beseeches Vito Corleone to exact his revenge on a pair of youths who had beaten his daughter and were subsequently coddled by the legal system. I was an impressionable youth and I thought that is how these things were done. The scene where the Godfather's goombas beat the boys to within an inch of their lives is my favorite scene of the entire movie.

My sis got her life back under control. The next summer she spent weeks at a youth camp in the High Sierra. It helped restore her. She loved it so much she became a counselor at the camp in subsequent summers. The camp still exists - Camp Jack Hazard. After graduating HS she got a job in Yosemite at Curry Village. After a few years she started working seasonally in Yosemite for the Park Service as a toll taker at campgrounds, while she got her college degree. After graduating from college, she made a career of the National Park Service. In the late '80s and early '90s she worked in Yellowstone. She and her husband bought 20 acres outside of Bozeman, MT in 1990. They retired a few years ago and built a house and horse property on their property, and that his where my sis lives today with her husband, dogs and horses. She turned 70 three weeks ago, and she is still active competing at equestrian events around Montana and the West.

I don't know how life turned out for the boys who raped her. I forgot their names decades ago.
          I'm glad your sister overcame it and it sounds like she has gone on to have a wonderful life and career. Congratulations to her. Thats a real hard start
          Last edited by Craig440; 08-26-2022, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Best wishes to your sister. I don’t know if I could get over that.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Good interview with someone who's seen a lot regarding the UFO subject. Very long but thought provoking.

Luis Elizondo talks about UFOs. Read between the lines. #UFOamnesty Sponsors: https://shortform.com/TOE for 5-day trial and 20% discount. https://brilliant.o...

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

this is so well told and I’m glad your sister got through it and from my vantage point had a great life. Nature and the wide open spaces is the best healer. Bozeman is red hot right now. Those 20 acres must be worth a fortune now.

I hope you forgave your father. The Godfather is an appealing form of justice but not reality for most of us and consequences of its own. It seems like he did the right thing by your sister

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

That really is an inspirational story for your sister. Especially since the court experience was so invalidating - and even traumatizing to a degree - for her. Strong person. I also feel for you, Velo. I can see myself having the very same feelings/thoughts as yourself.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Helluva story Velo.
                    Your sister is obviously a very strong person- well done to her for moving forward.
                    And I believe in karma- I'm sure those assholes got what was coming to them.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

Christopher Mellon spent nearly 20 years in the U.S. Intelligence Community, including serving as the Minority Staff Director of the Senate Intelligence Committee and the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence. In the Senate, he conceived and drafted the legislation establishing the US Special Operations Command in 1986 while working as an aide for U.S. Senator William S. Cohen (R-ME).

He has taught at Georgetown University, authored a number of articles on public policy issues, and received numerous awards including the National Reconnaissance Office Gold Medal, the DIA Director’s Medal, and the Secretary of Defense Public Service Award. Mr. Mellon has also served as the Chairman of the Science Committee at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History.

He earned his B.A. from Colby College and his M.A. from Yale University. Since retiring from federal service Mr. Mellon has been working as a private equity investor engaged in biotech and information technology start-ups. He also appears in the History Channel TV series UNIDENTIFIED, and plays a prominent role in the movie “The Phenomenon."

UAP James
                      @UAPJames
                      Christopher Mellon says that he is aware of people who are willing to testify in front of Congress to the existence of recovered alien technology. #ufotwitter #ufo

Twitter for iPhone
                      Retweets
                      Quote Tweets
                      Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Here's the source article of the above quote from a twitter account...https://thedebrief.org/the-paradox-of-fermis-paradox/

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Wow, it’s 87 degrees tonight, the power is on but my AC unit is acting up, I think it just got overworked and overheated in the last 24 hours. I turned it off because it’s not cooling anymore. Hopefully it just needs a break…Normally I’m the only one up at this hour due to my insomnia but this has my wife and kids on edge…trying to keep everyone calm but not the easiest thing to do and facing tomorrow without AC sounds crazy…anyways hope everyone is staying safe with all these fires and the heat,,,
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X