• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Hanalei is amazing. Havnt been in a while though just because the traffic there and back is brutal. Really dangerous also. Just had a 4 car pile up 2 days ago with fatalities. Crosses all up and down that route. Usually tourists who have zero patience causing these.
    Ha! Yes, my brother-in-law is a first responder over there. Car accidents along that route keep them busy.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Have you tried magnesium for a sleep aid? I read a friend that uses it with the obvious other vitamins supplements with great success
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I have a friend who likes that mountain bike park. And I have a cousin in Cincinnati who likes fishing there. Is the fishing really that good? What type of a boat are you going to get?
        The fishing is pretty good - large mouth bass, small mouth bass and channel catfish are the most common.

I went back and forth between a lot of boats and ended up on a Harris 23' Tritoon with a Merc 250. Seems to be the best for our all around wish list of cruising the lake, fishing, and casual water sports. It's big enough for the family and while nobody will ever confuse a tritoon with a wake boat, it is surprisingly fast and easily good enough for our needs.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Awesome. Seems when people get older and thinking retirement they all want to leave CA. Id be interested to know what you think of the weather there compared to CA though i do know you cant beat CA weather. But it isnt worth staying for and all the taxes and BS that goes with it.

I left many years ago to NV but end up working in CA way too often. At least i know i'll be leaving lol.

I have a Nephew that lived in Nashville for a while circulating the music scene and thats where he met his now Wife. He did complain about the leaches that attach themselves to you so be careful there.
          I have not yet hit the summer humidity so that will be interesting. People here complained that it was one of the coldest winters in the past 30 years, yet was really not that bad. Some days were in the 20s and we got a few snow storms but that was about it.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

My youngest started competitive soccer this year. Just had a tournament down in Alabama. Have one coming up in Nashville next month. It's been fun so far, my older two never did this.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

My daughter is in last year of middle school, and she’s been dancing since she was ~ 5. Competitive dance at least 6 years according to my bank account. She and her teams regularly place Top 1-3 regionally at competitions - think of Dance Moms TV show but they are older girls now and none of the moms at her studio are psycho freaks like on TV. Still - its pretty serious shit for a bunch of kids.

She tried out for the High School dance team this weekend and got called back for Varsity, one of only 4 girls called back out of more than 5 dozen tryouts. The rest were called back to JV or the team one level lower (Cavaliers or something). An older friend of hers from her studio that is already on the varsity team said all of the other current Varsity team members were in complete awe of her, blown away by how talented she is.

She is so passionate and has worked so hard (4+ hrs, 5 day/week) for so long, every competition you can see her come alive and shine like a beaming diamond of electric joy on stage. I of course think she’s the most amazing ever, and although I am tangentially artistic (I play music) and to a degree able to assess artistic talent, in truth I’m much more just a doting blinded dad. But its so cool to see the validation from the world. We’re so proud of her and happy she has such an amazing special gift that she loves so much.

Now if you’ll excuse me - i need to work some OT to pay for the next dance season … lol.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                My youngest started competitive soccer this year. Just had a tournament down in Alabama. Have one coming up in Nashville next month. It's been fun so far, my older two never did this.
                My youngest daughter played soccer from age 4 to 18 and from about 10 on was on a traveling league. We had a lot of bonding time on those trips and I look back on them with very fond memories. Enjoy the time as it goes way too fast!

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                  My daughter is in last year of middle school, and she’s been dancing since she was ~ 5. Competitive dance at least 6 years according to my bank account. She and her teams regularly place Top 1-3 regionally at competitions - think of Dance Moms TV show but they are older girls now and none of the moms at her studio are psycho freaks like on TV. Still - its pretty serious shit for a bunch of kids.

She tried out for the High School dance team this weekend and got called back for Varsity, one of only 4 girls called back out of more than 5 dozen tryouts. The rest were called back to JV or the team one level lower (Cavaliers or something). An older friend of hers from her studio that is already on the varsity team said all of the other current Varsity team members were in complete awe of her, blown away by how talented she is.

She is so passionate and has worked so hard (4+ hrs, 5 day/week) for so long, every competition you can see her come alive and shine like a beaming diamond of electric joy on stage. I of course think she’s the most amazing ever, and although I am tangentially artistic (I play music) and to a degree able to assess artistic talent, in truth I’m much more just a doting blinded dad. But its so cool to see the validation from the world. We’re so proud of her and happy she has such an amazing special gift that she loves so much.

Now if you’ll excuse me - i need to work some OT to pay for the next dance season … lol.
                  That is very sweet! You gave me a smile.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Sun Valley, ID
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I love Sun Valley. I want to come out there to xc ski with you. All of my skiing these days are limited to xc. There are some trails in the Sierra Nevada in the Tahoe region east of me in Sac that I get to occasionally, but I go there less frequently every year. I don't have a 4x4 anymore, it's always crowded, and the snow isn't that great. I have a sis outside of Bozeman, MT in the Yellowstone region, and I usually fly out there with my skis for some xc once a winter. That is great you are still out there on the trails with you skis at your age. I applaud you.:youaretheman:

Thanks for the tip re urolift. I'll ask my doctor about it.
                    Let me know if you're ever up here in the winter. I ski just about every day. I do both skate and classic skiing and there are lots of groomed trails here in the valley.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        First.
                        Everyone.
                        What's your percentage of body fat ?
                        Mine is the same as Drue Tranquill's number.
                        Work in progress.
                        I have no idea what my body fat percentage is.
                        I've lost 41 pounds since the Cancer hit me but I fear much of that was muscle. I look like a war orphan.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• bartman83642
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
                          I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum from Kauai here in Sun Valley, Idaho. It was in the high 60's here last week, and over the last few days it has been in the teens at night and we have gotten 4-5" of snow. That's spring in the mountains. The ski mountain closes today, but the cross country skiing (my obsession) is still great north of town on the SNRA (Sawtooth National Recreation Area) trails. I'm retired now and spend a lot of time on those trails.
                          Some earlier posts were about medical issues. Approaching 72 now, like the majority of men my age, I had BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), or more simply put, an enlarged prostate. It caused the normal things like frequent urination, and having to get up at nights to pee several times. I saw a urologist and ended up having him do a procedure he recommended called a Urolift. It doesn't have any of the scary side-effects you've probably heard about with some of the other urological procedures. It's been five months now and I'm pleased with the results and recommend the procedure to anyone having similar problems. You can check it out online and there are several videos about it on YouTube.
                          Ah, good ol' Idaho. Where you get all four seasons. Sometimes all in the same day if it is spring.

Comment

Working...
                          X