Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I think charger fans have enough to contend with from having to drive two hours to see our team play, to watching our team play in mixed crowds of fans, to the media claiming we don’t exist, to dealing with raider fans calling us out everywhere we wear our gear here in Socal, etc,…just last week I had a group of young raider fans in their mid twenties try to start some mess with me at universal studios and I’m a grey bearded, mid fifties, overweight, bald, and glasses wearing dude in my mid fifties walking around with several young neices and nephews ages 10-16 wearing my old faded ass natrone means jersey. I’m not sure how it benefits any of us here to have one of our own people calling us cowards too…I think most charger fans have overpaid their dues over the years, not sure what you get outta calling out your own like this…the other day you called me an arm chair GM (I gladly accept the title BTW) and I erroneously thought we’re all here to post our opinions on team moves, lack of moves, whatever…I’ll stop posting here before I start calling out fellow charger fans or start labeling and taking shots at our own people…I’m only here to discuss other charger fan’s opinions and my own in regards to what the team is up to…I’ll gladly take shots at the guys who own or run the team, they chose to put themselves in the public eye and they are all making hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars to own a team or coach a game, these are not people working on a cure for cancer or vaccine to save everyone from a virus, they’re in the entertainment industry, and I’ll especially call out those ‘professionals’ when I think (right or wrong) that their messing up, but I'm not going to do that with fellow charger fans, I’m perfectly fan simply disagreeing with others here or avoiding what they are saying if I find it distasteful, plus a lot of people drink and post too, I’ve been sober a long long time now but I can only imagine the type of nasty stuff I would’ve posted when I was still using drugs…
    POTD.
    No, seriously.
    My fighting days are pretty much done, but I beg anyone who wants to call me a coward, please do it to my face and give me a chane to defend my honor properly.
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Folks here are just afraid to not be afraid, they are afraid to hope and are certainly afraid to believe. I don’t care how many times they’ve been knocked down, there’s no room for cowardice in this brigade. We are not going to win by cowering, quivering, quibbling and complaining.
      fdr.JPG

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
        Week 1, whoever wins the RT, run at Crosby early. Pound him a few times. Then pound him some more. Pancake him, lay on him, do everything you can early to him. Hell, that’s ever week, if you really think about it.
        Put HORVATH in there at H-back...since he'll be off the LOS by a bit, that will give him a good running start to deliver some nice big, crunching chips on Crosby...take it to the Maxx!!!

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

RT gets the most grief but RG was also a big factor. Staley and TT decided to get the best RG instead of reach for a RT.
          Concerning the decision to draft a guard, I remember Staley saying right after the draft that it is much easier to scheme and help out an OT than it is a guard. They made the right call with Zion.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Agreed! We’re also not gonna win unless we score more points than the other team.
            Thats the beauty! All of the gnashing is because we have the same RT as last year, maybe. A much better RG, but same RT. Yet - All of the games we lost were because the other team scored more points than us. Every single one. This year they are going to score less. A lot less. Anyone who doesn’t think our defense is MUCH better is just incapable of realistic assessment, much less hope.

All we have to do is score the same. With a better RG, more experience in WR3,4, better Returner and additional WR3 or 4 v2, better punt crew, probably better RB2, I’d call that a lock. A slam dunk. A guarantee.

This is easy. Be positive. This team is good.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Thats the beauty! All of the gnashing is because we have the same RT as last year, maybe. A much better RG, but same RT. Yet - All of the games we lost were because the other team scored more points than us. Every single one. This year they are going to score less. A lot less. Anyone who doesn’t think our defense is MUCH better is just incapable of realistic assessment, much less hope.

All we have to do is score the same. With a better RG, more experience in WR3,4, better Returner and additional WR3 or 4 v2, better punt crew, probably better RB2, I’d call that a lock. A slam dunk. A guarantee.

NOTHING in football is guaranteed...
              (Having said that, I do agree with u that this team is good...)

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

I’m super pumped and positive about this season…but I’ve been around long enough to know when the team feeds us bull shit about players they ‘hope’ turn it around…

IDK, but with all the analytics around today there’s probably and algorithm out there that can tells us how much more likely Justin Herbert is to go down with a season ending injury based on the number of pressures opposing defensive linemen are getting off that right side. Like maybe a significant percentage increase from playing a 60 PFF graded RT versus having one that grades out in the 72-75 range. Nobody is going to be thinking positive about the season if Justin gets joe burrowed this year, nobody…

call it whatever you want, gnashing or otherwise,…I think it was fuggin irresponsible to keep the RT position status quo from 2021 and it’s not like we had to go outside the roster to make a change either. And before anyone says the fieler would get mad for making 7.5mil to play right tackle, the rams have a better RT than fieler and one that just won a superbowl who makes less per season than fieler does as a guard…

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Totally agree^^^^

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

As well as we improved, our division did not sleep on us. Status quo in anything is a good way to lose. I’ll believe a much better D (plus the less drastic but hopefully as significant tweaks to ST and the O) are enough when we make the playoffs. Saying, “We had such a great offense, all we need is a better defense!” seems naive in today’s NFL. I hope it’s true, but gotta play the games.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                      The Precious
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

I feel much better about this defense I want to see it on the field though hopefully they gel early. How many leads did they blow late last year while Justin played Superman every week? Will be watching the RB2 closely for the rest of the preseason and I want to see Spiller behind the starting oline.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                        I feel much better about this defense I want to see it on the field though hopefully the gel early. How many leads did they blow late last year while Justin played Superman every week? Will be watching the RB2 closely for the rest of the preseason and I want to see Spiller behind the starting oline.
                        Yeah, really want to see our running game against Dallas tomorrow. Needs to be nails.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

NOTHING in football is guaranteed...
                          (Having said that, I do agree with u that this team is good...)
                          Nothing in LIFE is guaranteed.

Comment

Working...
                          X