• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

After watching the Padres bullpen it’s no wonder we had our lowest cumulative MLB batting average since 1968. It’s league wide and every game I watch some dude comes out of the bullpen throwing 98+ with nasty movement on their secondary pitch. I mean how do you hit that? Major league hitters are in the big leagues because they can hit the fastball but the pitchers are winning right now with a few notable exceptions like Julio Rodriguez and Yordan Alvarez. No shifts next year will bring the batting averages back up.
    Last edited by Boltdiehard; 10-15-2022, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

What a GAME!!!! LFGSD!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

[QUOTE=Air Coryell;n1400265]
        Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I was lucky enough to be at The Murph for Game 3 against the Cubs when Tempy was introduced and he waved it hat. Very unlike the guy
        I was also at Game 4 against the Cubs when Garvey went yard

Petco is going to be crazy tonight,. I just hope the boys play a good game and bring home a winner!

And there should be two chants tonight from the Friar faithful
        Beat LA!

Dodgers Suck!![/[/SPOILER]QUOTE]

used to chant that in the 70's from the special $1 left field plaza seats.
        We probably crossed paths at the cow trough urinals at the Murph as my Pops and I were out there with you right behind Jerry Turner or Gene Richards

Its a great time for Padres and San Diego - love to see it

LFGSD

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Something definitely feels different about this padre team and I’m not just referring to their pitching and the bullpen, the bats are getting hot at the right time, they are playing with a chip on their shoulder, they are battle tested both in NY and then in LA…they are building momentum at the perfect time…

and Soto would’ve homered twice yesterday at some other parks, correct?
          Exactly.
          2024: Far From Over

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Clayton Kershaw wasn't sharp early and the Dodgers went 0 for 8 with runners in scoring position as their NLDS against the Padres shifted to San Diego tied at 1-1.

This was after game 2
            But that Soto outfield play was impressive
            I remember being confused because I thought for sure LAD would score a run on that play.
            2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              https://news.yahoo.com/dodgers-squan...060113325.html

This was after game 2
              But that Soto outfield play was impressive
              I remember being confused because I thought for sure LAD would score a run on that play.
              I hope Deano was watching that and realizing he will never get that in So-Fi. He used to have that.at the Murph

LFGSD!!

Going to be cranked up even more tonight -- bats just need to score more runners as Dodgers won't continue to go oh fer 17 with RISP

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I hope Deano was watching that and realizing he will never get that in So-Fi. He used to have that.at the Murph

LFGSD!!

Going to be cranked up even more tonight -- bats just need to score more runners as Dodgers won't continue to go oh fer 17 with RISP
                We’ve stranded our fair share of RISP too, I don’t have the numbers ATM but both teams have to deal with top flight pitching…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                  After watching the Padres bullpen it’s no wonder we had our lowest cumulative MLB batting average since 1968. It’s league wide and every game I watch some dude comes out of the bullpen throwing 98+ with nasty movement on their secondary pitch. I mean how do you hit that? Major league hitters are in the big leagues because they can hit the fastball but the pitchers are winning right now with a few notable exceptions like Julio Rodriguez and Yordan Alvarez. No shifts next year will bring the batting averages back up.
                  A-rod said something interesting in the post game show, he said that the way the bullpen is lined up with righty then lefty, then righty, then lefty, he said it causes chaos for the LA lineup and doesn’t allow them to get in rhythm…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

We’ve stranded our fair share of RISP too, I don’t have the numbers ATM but both teams have to deal with top flight pitching…
                    For sure - if the Padres had lost last night - they would have been kicking themselves as dang near left two like 5 out of first six innings. The Profar bunt play really screwed up that inning. Wil struck out a couple times

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

I live up here in Nor Cal in Giants country. Almost all my friends and family are Giants fans. I've never seen them cheer on the Padres like they are right now.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

This is an example of playing well at the right time. The Dodgers kicked our ass this year winning 14 of 18 against us and we are 2-1 in the playoffs. Padres have been hitting better and putting it all together late in the season. If Soto and Cronenworth can get hot ....finally, big time help.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

A-rod said something interesting in the post game show, he said that the way the bullpen is lined up with righty then lefty, then righty, then lefty, he said it causes chaos for the LA lineup and doesn’t allow them to get in rhythm…
                          Makes sense however 100mph heat causes chaos too. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                          X