• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt

Is this 2 years in a row you made a poll to fire Lombardi after 2 games? Lol
    The thing is, this team will probably move on from Lombardi after another 1-2 years and we will all look back and wish we did it sooner. So while it's fun to dunk on the OP right now, I do think history will prove him correct.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

The thing is, this team will probably move on from Lombardi after another 1-2 years and we will all look back and wish we did it sooner. So while it's fun to dunk on the OP right now, I do think history will prove him correct.
      Yep, after we win a SB he will be looked at as a HC.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Neither of those will happen with respect to Lombardi. They need to absolutely NAIL the next OC hire.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Forgetting about do I like or dislike Lombardi, I don't know where they'd get a replacement for him unless it's by moving one of the coaches already on the team. Any good candidates are employed right now.

Thinking it over, I'd prefer keeping him and having Staley put in his two cents more. (I'm giving Staley the benefit of the doubt) .
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            Colin Cowherd is blasting the Chargers offense. Not clever, doesn’t surprise him, boring. Same old thing
            This is embarrassing...we're now the laughingstock of the league...if the Bolts are smart, they'll fire Lombo before the damage gets worse...not only in the loss column, but respect from fans, coaches and players around the league...

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Neither of those will happen with respect to Lombardi. They need to absolutely NAIL the next OC hire.
              we have no shot to win a SB this year and the next 2?

Well shit why are we wasting our time in here?

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If Lombo keeps this up, we'll be lucky to get to the playoffs...seriously, this year's team is starting to look a whole lot like last year's edition...we may be more talented on defense, but our offense is barely sputtering due to lame Lomboball...unless Lombo suddenly catches "pass on first down" fever, and "take more deep shots" fever, I predict we lose to a couple of marginal teams and either miss the playoffs, or go one and done like last year's Raiders...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Clapp and Storm played well last night.
                  U have a point there, Roo...it was Feiler who was the weak link...after Zion shut down Chris Jones, Spags made an adjustment and moved him over to Feiler's side...THAT'S what resulted in those hits on Herbie...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    Forgetting about do I like or dislike Lombardi, I don't know where they'd get a replacement for him unless it's by moving one of the coaches already on the team. Any good candidates are employed right now.

Thinking it over, I'd prefer keeping him and having Staley put in his two cents more. (I'm giving Staley the benefit of the doubt) .
                    It would be a very attractive situation for any ambitious offensive coach.
                    They can probably do better than Lombo....but that will be decided at the end of the season.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It would be a very attractive situation for any ambitious offensive coach.
                      They can probably do better than Lombo....but that will be decided at the end of the season.

That's the right time to seek a replacement for him, not now.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

I can’t disagree with this, but to his credit, things did pick up last year after a slow start. KA is a HUGE part of this offense who sets the table for everything else - much like how Davante did for the Pack, who clearly miss him. It will be much better when KA returns. Lombardi aint goin anywhere so we have little choice but to be patient.
                        That's like the officer on the Titanic, after hitting the iceberg, telling the passengers, "nothing to worry about, folks...go back to your rooms."

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Lombo keeps this up, we'll be lucky to get to the playoffs...seriously, this year's team is starting to look a whole lot like last year's edition...we may be more talented on defense, but our offense is barely sputtering due to lame Lomboball...unless Lombo suddenly catches "pass on first down" fever, and "take more deep shots" fever, I predict we lose to a couple of marginal teams and either miss the playoffs, or go one and done like last year's Raiders...
                          You think they look like last years team? lol

Oh the drama being tossed around in here lol.

With no INT and we go in and score and the ASJ INT held up we got robbed on, we likely win. Herb likely not hurt.

Lombardi didnt lose this game for us.

Comment

Working...
                          X