• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhilaBoltster
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

If Herbert misses a game the Chargers offense will score zero points. Zero.

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
      If Herbert misses a game the Chargers offense will score zero points. Zero.
      If Clapp and Storm are starters you are probably right.

Comment

• Duck of Death
        Social Piranha
        • May 2022
        • Flyover, USA
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Thanks for the correction. So Lombardi can’t adjust when KA is out.
        Don’t get me wrong - I am certainly no fan of Lombardi thus far. Just holding out hope that KA will improve things considerably upon his return, as they did manage to score 17 relatively easy points in the 1st half of the Raider game.

But while we’re on the topic, I will log another complaint about Lombardi’s play calling. I was really hoping that he would explore more opportunities to utilize Herb’s mobility, especially after 300+ yards rushing last year. But so far, he has a paltry 2 yards rushing thru both games & it seems evident that Lombardi plans to use him strictly as a pocket passer. I only recall one or two valid RPO formations where he could present as a real run threat. On those limited reps, I definitely saw some space to run had he kept it. Not sure whose decision that is, but the opportunities where there. Unfortunately everybody knew he wasn’t going to keep it.

*** And now, the thing that really sucks with Herb’s injury is that it likely removes him entirely as a realistic RPO run or PA bootleg threat - at least while he heals up.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Agree, we’re seeing bad results from bonehead play design/calling.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

If Clapp and Storm are starters you are probably right.
            Clapp and Storm played well last night.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• bartman83642
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Chiefs are not the top tier team in the NFL.....not even close.

Losing T. Hill made their offense plodding; their defense did not put much pressure on Herbert until Linsley came out.
              And it isn't like they have lockdown corners: they do have some nice safeties.

Their offense got zero touchdowns in the 4rth quarter.
              They may not be the top tier ( a lot of football analysts would disagree) but they just have one of the best if not the best, coaches, QB's tight end's, O-lines (rated preseason), meaning they are still dangerous. They have not only won the division every year since PM took over as QB but have the most wins, playoff wins, been to two SB's winning one. Even worse they beat us last night and are ahead of us in the standings. Sure there is a long way to go in the season but until we prove we can knock them down and win the division them being top tier or not doesn't mean diddly. We have to make sure to be more agressive and really take it to them next time!

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

So Lombardi can’t adjust when KA is out.
                It's not a matter of "adjusting" when you lose one of the best WR's in the league - no team can lose their best WR and still click as if he was still playing.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

It's not a matter of "adjusting" when you lose one of the best WR's in the league - no team can lose their best WR and still click as if he was still playing.
                  We are also without our #2 TE.

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

Don’t get me wrong - I am certainly no fan of Lombardi thus far. Just holding out hope that KA will improve things considerably upon his return, as they did manage to score 17 relatively easy points in the 1st half of the Raider game.

But while we’re on the topic, I will log another complaint about Lombardi’s play calling. I was really hoping that he would explore more opportunities to utilize Herb’s mobility, especially after 300+ yards rushing last year. But so far, he has a paltry 2 yards rushing thru both games & it seems evident that Lombardi plans to use him strictly as a pocket passer. I only recall one or two valid RPO formations where he could present as a real run threat. On those limited reps, I definitely saw some space to run had he kept it. Not sure whose decision that is, but the opportunities where there. Unfortunately everybody knew he wasn’t going to keep it.

*** And now, the thing that really sucks with Herb’s injury is that it likely removes him entirely as a realistic RPO run or PA bootleg threat - at least while he heals up.
                    Good points. I don't believe we are doomed with Lombardi, and expect the team to regroup for the next game. Biggest priority for Lombardi and Staley is to figure out ways to keep the offense going and Herbert protected. I would like to see Kelley get more touches, believe he is finding his way now.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      A rare, horrible pass by Herbert and 2 dropped interceptions by Samuel were the difference in the game far, far more than nit-picking the play calling.

But hey, yet another poll for an outcome that is just not going to happen.
                      If ASJ catches both INTs and one is a pick 6 and we win by 14, some here would still be bitching about Lombardi.

CC will continue to complain about Palmer and keep beating the drum for Guyton.....who played 8 snaps and is clearly 5th on the depth chart.
                      Jamrock is even chirping in to bring Bandy on the roster

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        Herbie would make chaincrusher look like a pretty awesome OC. Staley should take over.
                        No he wouldnt because you have to understand the game and what defenses are doing to call plays and CC doesnt understand it or know how to read a defense.

Cant just call deep passes every 3rd play and think that is going to work.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Fire Staley and hire Payton. Staley is an over caffeinated child.
                          Sean Payton called the plays in NO so promoting Lombardi to OC in NO wouldn't matter anyways.
                          Pete Carmichael was the OC when Payton was the HC and NOW he calls the plays for the first time since Payton left.

Payton will not be coming the LA but it's nice to dream.

Comment

Working...
                          X